Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson

Comments

• Options
    timken said:

Tucudean is pants .forget adapting.he has no ability

You didn't go to Derby at home then ?
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    timken said:

no

How many games have you been this season
  • Options
    the last two home games.I think I can tell when someone cant run[faster than a snail] or jump[for headers].
  • Options
    That would explain why you think he has no ability then.

He had a great game. Scored one on the turn & dribbled through their defence getting brought down for a penalty, which Buyens converted.

So you're wrong to say he has no ability, because he already shown he has. (Just not enough of it).
  • Options
    ok I agree he has some ability[i saw the highlights of the derby game ] .but he should be playing in league one with the ability he has.
  • Options

That would explain why you think he has no ability then.

He had a great game. Scored one on the turn & dribbled through their defence getting brought down for a penalty, which Buyens converted.

So you're wrong to say he has no ability, because he already shown he has. (Just not enough of it).

If he had more talent he would be playing in the premier
  • Options
    if your auntie had bollocks....
  • Options
    Yeah I'm in the H BLOCK and heard a few lads cheering when he got subbed

Twats!
  • Options
    timken said:

Tucudean is pants .forget adapting.he has no ability

George and Callum Harriott have abillity, but like Haley comet, we see it very rarely,

If i was a coach at Charlton i would find these two the biggest challenge.

I get the feeling the idea was to introduce Tucudean into the team gradually, but because of the paucity of striking options he found himself in the team straight away. We can't afford the finished article so we have to keep working on him and hope he comes good. A loan deal in the interim must be looked at.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I think #Leuth is having counselling right now.........
  • Options
    Without reading, if anyone thinks Wilson is crap they know nothing about football.
    Wilson in my opinion is a bloody good footballer. For crap see Lloyd Sam, JFH etc.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Without reading, if anyone thinks Wilson is crap they know nothing about football.
    Wilson in my opinion is a bloody good footballer. For crap see Lloyd Sam, JFH etc.

JFH who played all over Europe and for his country in his prime? That Crap footballer?
  • Options

masicat said:

JFH who played all over Europe and for his country in his prime? That Crap footballer?
    Yep, that's the one.
  • Options

masicat said:

As you say, in his prime. By the time we signed him he may not have been absolute crap but his premiership days were past him.
  • Options

masicat said:

As you say, in his prime. By the time we signed him he may not have been absolute crap but his premiership days were past him.
    Very much agree.

Wilson had a good (?) season last year (personally I think he was just one of the least shit). Doesn't mean he is one of our better players this year does it
  • Options

masicat said:

Very much agree.

Wilson had a good (?) season last year (personally I think he was just one of the least shit). Doesn't mean he is one of our better players this year does it
    Has anyone said he is?
  • Options
    Please can someone come up with a new better song than the current one for Lawrie , its rubbish.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

masicat said:

Very much agree.

Has anyone said he is?
    The way he is being defended on here, it would appear that people want it to be true.

So, no one is saying he is one of our better players, but wont admit he is one of our worst. Having said that very few people will give an honest answer as to where in the rankings they think he is.

I can think of just 2 players in the squad that are actually worse than him.
  • Options

Scoham said:

masicat said:

Very much agree.

Has anyone said he is?
    The way he is being defended on here, it would appear that people want it to be true.

So, no one is saying he is one of our better players, but wont admit he is one of our worst. Having said that very few people will give an honest answer as to where in the rankings they think he is.

how can you compare players that don't play in the same position, we have Gudmundsson starting and Wilson as his understudy which to me is good as Wilson can also play at RB if we need him to
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

masicat said:

Very much agree.

Has anyone said he is?

how can you compare players that don't play in the same position, we have Gudmundsson starting and Wilson as his understudy which to me is good as Wilson can also play at RB if we need him to
    You can compare footballers on general abilities. Doesn't matter what position they play.
  • Options

Scoham said:

masicat said:

Very much agree.

Has anyone said he is?

You can compare footballers on general abilities. Doesn't matter what position they play.
    so who are these 2
  • Options

Scoham said:

masicat said:

Very much agree.

Has anyone said he is?

As I said before I don't think there's that much between a lot of our players. Would you say Jackson or Morrison for example are a lot better than Wilson? None are top Championship players but all have shown they can be consistent at this level. If we challenge for promotion it wouldn't be surprising if none of them start regularly (only Jackson is and many would drop him for Cousins).
  • Options
    To get things nice and positive for tomorrow, let's start a new thread to end this debate:

"The worst three Charlton players in the current squad"

Or maybe

"The worst two (plus Wilson who is obviously the worst) Charlton players in the squad."

Actually let's not because it's negative and counter productive particularly at a time when the team is doing really well.

IJC, you're obviously desperate for people to agree with you about this but, other than Mr Bligh, it doesn't look like it's going to happen......

• Options
    Went on the Players Marks and wondered what scores IJC had given ?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i could not find any scores from you for the Wolves,Derby or Watford games ?

Did you not go to the games ?

Or are you so obsessed with one person that you didn't notice any other player ?
  • Options
    If you have 11 players on the pitch then some will be better than others.

Now if you rank them from best as number one down to number 11, numbers 9, 10 and 11 will be the "worst".

But that is just one way to spin it.

Who were the worst three players in the 1998 play-off final side?

Who were the worse three players in the 1947 Cup final? (actually I know the answer to this or at least Jimmy Seed's view but I digress).

If Charlton finish 10th this season are we "one of the three worst teams in the top half of the table." or are we one of the ten best sides in the championship.

So being one of the 11 is a good thing. You are first choice for the first XI. You are a good player, not "one of the three worst".

Wilson, IMHO, didn't have a good game v Wolves. I thought he was a lot better v Watford.

In a team game all the players contribute in their own way and in their own position.

• Options
    Huge overreaction on here. I thought he played well in patches on Tuesday. He's allowed one bad game isn't he? Did any players, defence aside, have an outstanding game? Our midfield was shocking and Wolves dominated that area. I thought Wiggins had a very poor game.
  • Options

Went on the Players Marks and wondered what scores IJC had given ?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but i could not find any scores from you for the Wolves,Derby or Watford games ?

Did you not go to the games ?

Or are you so obsessed with one person that you didn't notice any other player ?

I am more than happy to start giving players marks on that thread if it will cheer you up.
    Infact, this whole thing came from someone's comment that Wilson isn't that bad. I disagreed.

Now I am being asked whether I go to games, told to go and support Millwall, and questioned as to whether I have an obsession with one person (ironically coming from the geezer that decided to (incorrectly) count the number of posts I wrote trying to explain my feelings toward Wilson's footballing abilities.

@Henry Irving.

You are correct, every team will have players that are better than others - but that is the whole point. Surely to progress as a team you need to identify the lesser players (Please note I avoided 'worst') and replace them - not necessarily immediately but it has to be a consideration.

People tend to agree that Gudmundsson is a better footballer than Wilson, so If we replace him with a better RW, he becomes second choice, Wilson leaves and the team has progressed - Every team need to identify their weaker links to try and push on, I am merely suggesting that Wilson is one of those weaker links, due to the reasons I posted originally.
  • Options
    3 cheers for Henry Irving,

The voice of reason,

Taken centre stage again.

Bravo.