Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lawrie Wilson

Comments

• Options
    Great member of the squad, love seeing him play in front of Silly, there will still be ssome peeps on here saying the song is wrong and unfair to him etc. Clearly he's fine with it and put his thumbs up when it was sung to him in Belgium at the weekend
  • Options

Changed his Twitter BIo

Credit to him

Brilliant!
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

The Wilson haters wouldnt happen to be H block in the north upper would they?

sad. can't some of you have a "quiet word in their shell-like..." ;>))) as lawrie wilson seems to have the spirit/dedication (often lacking amongst others), if not always the skill.
  • Options
    Hasn't changed it to a pic in the new kit, though...!
  • Options

"Move on ", I am I the only one that hates that patronising phrase that seems to have slipped into a lot of recent Charlton Life comments?

No there's a worse one "we move on".

• Options
    Wondered about him early days, but having seen him come on and his attitude at end of Blackpool game sealed it for me. Good player, big heart, great attitude and seams the kind of bloke i'd like to go down the pub with. (and have an orange juice). Here's hoping Lawrie stays a few seasons, because he is already a fans favourite, with many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tbh i love him, was unconvinced by him at first but he's overcome the boo boys and properly grafted to be a solid right back. Would still prefer solly there and wilson to play ahead of him, but I'd call Lawrie a "proper" charlton player.
  • Options
    bloody hell, just took a look at wilson's twitter page, seen that retweet of a stacy longs tweet? That bloke's missus... #phwoar
  • Options
    Top fella , met him having a few beers after the end of the season and he was proper bants , wasn't too fussed re the song could see the funny side to it
    Said he knew he was punching , his mrs family are from blackheath and some are Charlton fans
    He really was such a nice fella , I small love him
    Spoke well about SCP and Riga and not so keen on Thurams behaviour re Leeds away
  • Options
    Lawrie got my vote for POTY. Think he did really well for us last season and seems a really nice guy too.
  • Options
    Never been shite, always alright

in my opinion
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lawrie has really become a important player for us and he deserves a lot of credit. He got my POTY vote also.
  • Options
    Had Morrison / Jackson left the club then (or should they before Wilson does) then he's our next Captain in my opinion... Reckon he's a huge figure around the club

On that note isnt he out of Contract at the end of the season?
  • Options

Lawrie got my vote for POTY. Think he did really well for us last season and seems a really nice guy too.

Got my vote too. Really solid season last year
  • Options
    He got my POTY as well. Improved over the season and didn't shirk. Some top performances as well, and he was one of the few players to bag more than one goal in a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Consistent versatile championship player for anywhere on the right. Exactly what we need mentality wise in several positions. Also seems after that twitter thing he doesnt take himself too seriously, important at a club of our size which has relied at least partially on unity and morale to get us out of the shit over the last few years.
  • Options
    I was very critical of him when he first played for us, but he has improved immensely since we all started moaning at him. See it does work ;o)

Also I think his sense of humour is a winner and I would assume he's a good player to have round the dressing room.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

"Move on ", I am I the only one that hates that patronising phrase that seems to have slipped into a lot of recent Charlton Life comments?

No there's a worse one "we move on".

Immortalised by Chris Powell - always his catch phrase.

• Options
    Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    He certainly proved me wrong. Turned into a good player for us and a likeable one as well.
  • Options
    My Poty , nice fella , need to get a new & better song for him imo.
  • Options

My Poty , nice fella , need to get a new & better song for him imo.

"never was shite, always alright" is a good one tbh!
  • Options
    was it at wolves away 2 seasons ago :

Lawrie Wilson, Lawrie Wilson
    Lawrie Lawrie Wilson
    he's got long hair
    but we don't care
    Lawrie Lawrie Wilson