Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins (pg.12 - retires from football)

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Loved him. Reminds me of the good times under Powell.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Oggy Red said:

PaddyP17 said:

That is gutting. I remember his debut for us was against Bournemouth when we won 3-0, and every time he touched the ball, they booed. Eventually a few of us in the East starting cheering in response, as did those in the North (probably separately but with the same idea), and I can't help but think that was a great way to get his career at the Valley started.

I'm so sad to see that he's not been able to recover from this injury - all the best in the future, Rhoys.

Yeah, that was a really wobbly Charlton debut for him, playing against his old team mates in his 1st match straight after signing from Bournemouth. At that time, some people on here judged him as a poor player but after a few games he settled and really showed what he could do.

He was a terrific attacking threat with his overlaps, tight ball control, ability to dribble and cross.
    Made a huge contribution to our title winning season.

Thanks for the memories, Rhoys. All the best.

If i remember rightly didn't he hit the crossbar with a long range shot in that game?
    I remember the strike, couldn’t remember if it was woodwork or a save though
    A great strike, was heading for the top corner but their goalkeeper just got a touch.