Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Riots

edited August 2011 in Root
On Sky News now. 

Comments

• Options
    NLA's curry was late and it all escalated from there.
  • Options

Christ. The Athletico game was only a friendly.

• Options
    I've just tuned in. Apparently there's people running round Tottenham with there willys hanging out??
  • Options
    I've just tuned in. Apparently there's people running round Tottenham with there willys hanging out??

Flash mobs?
  • Options
    Christ tho this isn't looking great. Lots of old memories.

Safe home any north London addicks.
  • Options
    @PaulLewis guardian journalist tweeting from the area
  • Options
    Is this to do with the police shooting dead that fella
  • Options

Reckon Modric has gone or 'Arry has been done for his tax thing.

• Options
    yup
  • Options
    Live on sky news now.

Crowd seems to have dissipated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah apparently. Its criminal in this day and age that you cant get out of a taxi and shoot a copper without being shot back.....or so the message seems to be from those muppets rioting and looting.

Brixton and Toxteth this aint.

• Options
    I went down there and told them that wet spam are a bigger club than them that's why they got the Olympic stadium, next thing you know

Whoosh up it went like a tinder box,
  • Options
    Hard to believe I'm watching this only a few hours since I walked down the Tottenham High Road.

I have to be honest, when I came out of the ground today (at 7pm) something didnt seem right.  There was a public announcement at FT saying that the High Road was shut at Bruce Grove but didnt think much more of it.  We were walking back to our cars parked down at Bruce Grove and there seemed to be loads of locals about.  For all the years I've been going Spurs, the locals tend to keep themselves to themselves and keep out of the way on Match Days but today was different.  You could tell something was wrong but couldnt put our fingers on it.

Got back to the car, sorted the kids out, drove the back way to Tottenham Hale and as we turned the corner, it was like driving into downtown Beirut.  Christ, seeing a police car and bus on fire was a bit of a shock and took some explaining to calm the kids down in the back of the car.  Never seen nothing like it in my life.
  • Options
    Just an excuse for scumbags to smash things up and loot shops. Don't understand why the old bill are just standing there.
  • Options
    Just an excuse for scumbags to smash things up and loot shops. Don't understand why the old bill are just standing there.
    Couldn't agree more.  
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Not been following this. Is this because of that gangster (sorry 'fallen soulja' or whatever the f***ing term is) that was killed by the coppers the other day? If so, then it's the same as what happened in Bristol a while ago (local disaffected yoot throw toys out of pram when idiotic behaviour amongst them for once has a bit of payback). F*** 'em.
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Basically yes.  Residents houses being looted now along with shops.... just the way you express frustration at police brutality.

Sky camera crews have just withdrawn from an area for safety reasons and i was watching the Beeb and they started attacking the camera man and the presenter Live so the anchor cut away.

Scum.

• Options
    The safest place to be in Tottenham tonight is the Spurs trophy cabinet. There's no chance of looters visiting there.
  • Options
    Apparently the crowds have attacked journalists, so not all bad then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At about 6.30am I saw some very young kids with shopping trolleys laden with TV's and other stuff heading through Edmonton - clearly totally due to the Police shooting someone who had shot at them first! Unfortunately any excuse for criminality. I have bad feelings about this situation. A block of 26 flats above Carpetright was destroyed and no one yet knows if everyone got out.
  • Options
    Spurs will do anything to get an open top bus on Tottenham High Road
  • Options
    With the proper football season starting yesterday, the police forces of the capital would've been stretched . Looks to me like tottingham has been left to burn, that will be the end of it,they won't rebuild it ,it has had no regeneration money, it ain't going to get anymore now,

You have the west ham vs cardiff match

Man u vs citeh which will take up more old bill

The hackney carnival which kicks off anyhow

Good chance that this will kick off again this evening

But atleast all these prick gangs in north London stopped stabbing and shooting each other for a bit of community looting at violence
  • Options
    Area is a shithole anyway done it a favour burning it down.
  • Options
    Probably done million pounds worth of improvements.
  • Options
    I heard a different story, 'eye witnesses' say 3 shots were fired and they all hit the victim... 1 shot to the face Also.
    I do find it quite amusing that everyone here just presumes the police's story to be true.

The Bristol one you all mention is corupt too. The police supposedly let the guy who they arrested, walk around the house and go make a brew, at which point, he stabbed himself through the heart ? Im sorry, but something doesnt add up.
  • Options
    Just watching BBC news - apparently Kent & Thames Valley police were called in to support the Met last night!
  • Options
    @shine166

There possibly may be more to come out in the story of the guy that "stabbed himself" but I doubt the same in the case of the shot man. For one he fired at police and if that's true which I believe then I am glad he was shot dead. As for last night being some sort of protest about the shooting well that just rubbish. It was an opportunity for scum to rob, loot and misbehave and I would have preferred the police to have done more to stop it. No doubt there will be several shows of solidarity up and down the country to the as put by Leroy "fallen soulja" and no doubt the best place to show the support will miraculously be outside Currys or Dixons.
  • Options
    Wow, Shine166 are you real? The guy had an illegal firearm - the Police reacted after being shot at. Now the local pondlife think they have justification to rob, steal and destroy local businesses in their own community. This is, frankly, very worrying that you appear to condone it.
  • Options
    Yes im for real, police say he shot at them..... eye witnesses say he didnt ?
    Sorry that you believe everything you are told.... although it must be a easier way to live your life.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!