Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter tickets all £5

Comments

• Options
    Some posts on here are painful. 1. We are in a heavy recession. 2. People do not have any money. 3. There will be a half empty stadium 4. Good opportunity to pick up floating supporters for future games. 5. Good affordable day out for family and kids who otherwise woulnd be able to afford it. 6. increases revenue in other areas such bar, catering, club shop, valley gold draw etc. £5 per ticket. It should have been a thread where all threads said Nice one baord and thank you! Had a discussion in the pub before a recent game and a lot of posters on here are getting a bit fed up with all the petty negativity. Cheer UP!
  • Options
    Well said Keith.
  • Options
    Agree with everything Keith said.

Some people on here would moan if they were offered £5 cash plus a free ticket. They would probably say the club is tight and they should have given them £10.
  • Options
    Has anyone on this thread moaned?
  • Options
    Sorry - before I get lambasted by the bore crowd - I know we are technically now not in recession. JUst in deep poo poo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Has anyone on this thread moaned?

Read the thread from the start.

Just one example, it's not fair I've got a season ticket do I get some money back.
  • Options
    Well said Keith.

Stop moaning !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Has anyone on this thread moaned?

Read the thread from the start.

Just one example, it's not fair I've got a season ticket do I get some money back.

That was me

Did you read the safety wink on the last line

;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]One of mates brought me along to a £5 game donkeys years ago when I moved to London and I've more or less had a season ticket since, so it can pay off for the club
    That's interesting. How much of your money do you think the club has seen since then?
  • Options
    700 sold in the first two days - we'd normally expect to have done about 30.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey.
  • Options
    Very good news Airman.Will our club send out letters to red card members? that should help sell more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]700 sold in the first two days - we'd normally expect to have done about 30.

wow thats great! the girl on the phone told me lots have been sold...

Are you advertising to schools an sports clubs with this offer?
  • Options
    Among a number of other things, we are doing a targeted mail-out next week to just under 6,000 lapsed ST holders who have not been buying match tickets.

Inevitably we will hit some people who are attending but not being tracked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]700 sold in the first two days - we'd normally expect to have done about 30.

wow thats great! the girl on the phone told me lots have been sold...

Are you advertising to schools an sports clubs with this offer?

It's all coming . . .
  • Options
    Excellent news.
  • Options
    well done the club, great stuff and well done the board for listening to Airman

Would be great to get a 25k+ crowd
  • Options
    Have we sold over 1000 tickets yet?.
  • Options
    my daugher is the mascot for this game, she is so excited...our youngest is also coming to the game which i think will mean an additional season ticket next year.
  • Options
    Any update on ticket sales for this match?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the way i see it, is people will come that wanted to already but think football is too expensive. as a 8 yr old kid i got free tickets from junior blades to watch a mid-week game in december. i asked my dad if we could go and like any former season ticket holder at the valley the response was lets say cool. my dad didn't mind me joining junior blades and young owls for that matter (all my school friends did, the club reps hung around the school like Nick-o-teen) but going to a game to support them was a different matter. how life could have been different if he'd begrudgingly taken me along!!! as it is we didn't go even for free and 30+ yrs later Charlton is in my genes.

For £5 people wont think twice. i went to watch england under 21's at hillsborough for a fiver (wouldn't have paid more) and saw a charlton primadona score a great solo goal.

great idea from the club. hope everyone has a great day with a big crowd.
  • Options
    I was gonna make the trek from Cornwall to see this or Peterborough anyway. Me and my missus will now be able to stay somewhere other than the Peckham Die-inn now...
  • Options
    'my daugher is the mascot for this game, she is so excited...our youngest is also coming to the game which i think will mean an additional season ticket next year.

Does she know the offside rule?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]'my daugher is the mascot for this game, she is so excited...our youngest is also coming to the game which i think will mean an additional season ticket next year.

Does she know the offside rule?

She does indeed!
  • Options
    Could you get her to explain it to me, then please, with big pictures?
  • Options
    Yep anytime mate......Would you not understand otherwise....
  • Options
    Sales about the 1,500 mark at present - marketing push coming later this week and next, so will be interesting to see the impact.
  • Options
    Grabbing at least two tonight for mates who are armchair mates of the big five
  • Options
    Is 1,500 more than usual for this time ?
  • Options
    2,000 now.