Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite stand up comedian?

i was curious as to lifer's favorite stand up comedian, i think mine has to be Russell Howard or Frankie Boyle

Comments

• Larry David for me.Can't find any footage of his stand up but this does me every time.
  • michael mcintyre uses no foul language
  • Need to see simon amstell... love him
  • Frankie boyle and Lee Mack are probably my current fav's. saw Lee Mack last yr and he didn't let me down. Left the with my sides aching. Must add, i'm loving stewart Lee's comedy vehicle on bbc at the moment.
  • Lee Mack is our client. I get the pleasure of doing his vat. I do like him and also frankie boyle.
  • Ross Noble
  • Milton Jones
  • Its got to be Mickey Flannagan or Bill Bailey for me
  • Dave Chappelle. 

Easily the funniest man alive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Frankie Boyle is up there for me.

Saw Milton Jones show last week and thought it was excellent, for one man to have so many one liners is to be admired (and laughed at!).
  • Went to Up The Creek a couple of weeks ago and 3 of the Comics were very good. Jeff Innocent was one if I remember rightly.

Kevin Bridges is very funny.

• Hasn't this all been done 
    before?
  • Dave Chappelle. 

Easily the funniest man alive.
  • michael mcintyre uses no foul language
    You clearly have no sense of humour
  • Lee Evans , Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr and Michael Mcintyre
  • Another vote for Ross Noble. Saw him a few years ago, and have never laughed so much, and so consistently in my whole life.
  • Paul Foot, Omid Djalli, Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey.
  • lol i do i mean for the kids to watch. Lee Evans is the business , so is the bald bloke on mock the week
  • Got to say as well, that Steven Wright is one of the funniest men I've ever seen, and his one-liners are incredible.
  • Sponsored links:

• smithy
  • Went to Up The Creek a couple of weeks ago and 3 of the Comics were very good. Jeff Innocent was one if I remember rightly.

Kevin Bridges is very funny.

My god, is that place still going?  I've not been there since the late 80's. Just assumed it had been tranformed into a wine bar.
  • Billy Connolly by an absolute country mile
  • How has Eddie Izzard not been mentioned yet!?
  • Well said Olly, absolute genius is Izzard, one of the few men to say a joke and for the punchline to hit you a few days later.

Got to agree with Ross Noble as well, absolute lunatic but very funny. Saw him in Chatham last year, one of the best stand up shows I've seen
  • Got to say as well, that Steven Wright is one of the funniest men I've ever seen, and his one-liners are incredible.

Wright deserves a thread of his own.  Here's a few of his one liners:

• All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
    • A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    • Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
    • Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.
    • Half the people you know are below average.
    • I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    • I got stopped for speeding and the policeman said, “do you know the speed limit is 55 miles an hour”? I said, “Yeah, I know but I wasn't gonna be out that long”.
    • I met a girl who said, “I'm a nymphomaniac who only gets turned on by jewish cowboys”, I said “Hi, I'm Bucky Goldstein”.
    • I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.
    • I was cesarian born, you can't really tell although when I leave the house I go out by the window.
    • I was walking through a forest alone and a tree fell right in front of me and I didn't hear it.
    • If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    • It's a small world but I wouldn't want to paint it.
    • Ninety nine percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
    • Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
    • The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    • There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
    • You can't have everything, where would you put it?

• Jason Byrne is probably mine. He's just excellent. The radio station i worked at at my first college got him to come to the college and he didnt do any rehearsed material, just worked off the crowd for the whole thing, it was crazy.
  • Yet another vote for Ross Noble - seen him several times
  • Stephen Wright = genius. Best I have actually seen live are Frank Skinner, Lee Hurst, Eddie Izzard and Bob Mills. Would like to see Steve Hughes, Rich Hall and Frankie Boyle.
  • I love Jeff Dunham, hilarious! however have seen Freddie Starr and Lee Evans and Reginald D Hunter live and they were all really enjoyable.