Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton chase Daggers star

TELTEL
edited December 2010 in Rumours
Hope he is better than the last one...

A host of clubs are tracking Dagenham & Redbridge star Danny Green, skysports.com understands.

The 22-year-old, who joined Dagenham from Bishop's Stortford in the summer of 2009, has been a revelation since his arrival at the club.

Green inspired the Daggers to promotion from League Two last season and he has carried on his fine form in League One this term.

Green, who has also impressed in a central midfield role this season, has netted four goals so far this season and his performances have alerted clubs higher up the football pyramid.

Several Championship sides and League One rivals Charlton are all thought to be keeping tabs on the winger's progress.

Dagenham are determined to keep hold of Green, but they could find it hard to turn down a sizeable offer for the player if his suitors follow up their interest in January

Comments

• Now that would be a good signing!
  • I'm fed up of buying/loaning players who have/are plying their trade at clubs in relegation zones.
  • I doubt we’re “chasing” anyone right now. I’d imagine Parkinson has a plan a and a b depending on whether the takeover goes through or not (or at least he better have!) but I doubt he can do anything until that’s all sorted.

If the takeover goes through I hope the calibre of players we're looking at is a little higher than those who ply their trade with a self-confessed pub team.
  • were getting taken over surely we can reach higher than this?
  • Could we send Benson back as 'faulty goods' and get a credit note against this player, under the sale of goods act.......
  • I think Danny Green is a great prospect and I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up yet. Much better than Waggy or Martin IMHO!
  • lets just not buy from dagenham
  • Benson is a decent player, get off the blokes back
  • edited December 2010
    His stats (taken from the FL site) are pretty good, last season in all comps (though was League Two) he got 26 goals and assists (13 of each). This season in a struggling Dagenham team he has 7 goals and 4 assists.

Right winger, only 22, let go by Forest and has worked his way back up the leagues.

A different type of winger on the right as an alternative to Wagstaff would be a good option to have. Though it's possibly Martin's best position and he's not had a long run of games there.

Don't know much about him but it's clear why clubs will be looking at him. Probably one of many players we've just looked at. Perhaps the player that will get more goals from Benson.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]were getting taken over surely we can reach higher than this?
    Depends who will be taking over. That's only true if we have some serious money to spend.
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I doubt we’re “chasing” anyone right now. I’d imagine Parkinson has a plan a and a b depending on whether the takeover goes through or not (or at least he better have!) but I doubt he can do anything until that’s all sorted.

If the takeover goes through I hope the calibre of players we're looking at is a little higher than those who ply their trade with a self-confessed pub team.

Parky may not need a Plan B let alone a Plan A if the takeover goes through. Someone else might though ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• DRFDRF
    edited December 2010
    Dagenham in bumping the value of their own player shocker.

It has been a long-term frustration of mine that we never use the media to do our selling for us.
    How many times did you read an article stating "Madrid, Barcelona and Chealsea chase top Charlton youngster Jonjo"? and he ended up being good enough for Liverpool to sign. Now replace Jonjo with any number of Palace youngsters. And where do they all end up?
  • [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Now replace Jonjo with any number of Palace youngsters. And where do they all end up?
    Dulwich Hamlet?
  • Wigan?
  • 'Benson is a decent player, get off the blokes back'..... quote Rothko
    I guess it is a question of what you regard as 'decent' Rothko.......
    Just remind me again of how many goals this 'decent' player has scored this season........
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Benson is a decent player, get off the blokes back

I'll believe that one when I see it
    ;-)
  • WSSWSS
    edited December 2010
    7 goals in 16 games I think - not too bad. It'd at least average out to over 20 goals for the season.
  • lets go out and get a steve morison instead of the catalogue of duds we seem to fall upon
  • should have been 9 from 16
  • benson far better player than abbott. we just dont play to bensons strengths. feel sorry for the bloke really.
  • Midfield is the problem, they don't know how to push up and create things!
  • Sponsored links:

• I personally think Benson is out of his depth.
  • out of interest what do people think Bensons strenghts are ?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]out of interest what do people think Bensons strenghts are ?

Well not 5 yard shots (like he said was)
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]out of interest what do people think Bensons strenghts are ?

link up play and he looks decent off the a defenders shoulder when ive seen him. came with a reputation of being a bit of a 'fox in the box'.

remember even the worlds best strikers miss sitters
  • Browny crucified Bennos hold up play last night...mind you by the end of the game I wanted to crucify Browny
  • Browny crucified Bennos hold up play last night...mind you by the end of the game I wanted to crucify Browny

True..... very true....
  • link up play and hold up play are completely different.

get the ball into his feet and he looks a half decent player. lump it up to him when he's got a big centre half up his arse and he may as well not be playing. needs to get a consistent strike partner with him and i fancy he'll get 20 goals this season.
  • Benno had a shocker at Brighton.

He looked disinterested a lot of the time.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]link up play and hold up play are completely different.

get the ball into his feet and he looks a half decent player. lump it up to him when he's got a big centre half up his arse and he may as well not be playing. needs to get a consistent strike partner with him and i fancy he'll get 20 goals this season.

For various reasons least of all for the player....I hope youre right
  • I have seen him play a few times and he played well every time. I'd be very happy if we signed him as from what I have seen of him he is much better than waggy, but I would expect a championship side to sign him tbh.