Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumour

edited July 2010 in Rumours
From a fairly reliable source, board tunrned down a takeover bid yesterday from a British consortium. Directors apparently putting in another 1/2 million each to see us through next season. Bid was rumoured to be 20 million but board wanted more and buyer is now exploring other clubs.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Interesting first post.

Who is your source for this?

Welcome to the site.
  • Can't give exact source but connected to a championship club and seemed to know what they were talking about. Not sure what i think to be honest.
  • edited July 2010
    Yee ha The takeover thread will be back.
  • Thanks for the welcome, been a guest for a while but thought i would share this. Even if it turns out to be rubbish.
  • Might explain why PP keeps mentioning budgets have yet to be set
  • [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Can't give exact source but connected to a championship club and seemed to know what they were talking about. Not sure what i think to be honest.

fair enough.

Seems odd that someone connected to another club would know exactly when and for how much an offer was made, when it was turned down as well as how much each director was putting into the club this season.

But I'm sure this will be repeated as gospel on here and other sites within hours : - (
  • Why can no one ever give the exact source of rumours?
  • Yes welcome Epsom. Have you received your CL badge yet. Sometimes AFKA forgets to send them out. ;0)
  • Apparently the source has a contact within the club, showed me some number on his phone. Might of been his Mum for all i know.
  • [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Apparently the source has a contact within the club, showed me some number on his phone. Might of been his Mum for all i know.

LOL, well I'm convinced then : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• If true it puts comments made previously on here that the board would consider convervative bids from the right buyer into the rough, in favour of them still hanging on for some return, course it may not be true.

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Apparently the source has a contact within the club, showed me some number on his phone. Might of been his Mum for all i know.

The old number on the phone trick ;0)
  • Sorry don't believe it for a minute I doubt the Club's asking price is £20m in fact I doubt it is even half that figure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Sorry don't believe it for a minute I doubt the Club's asking price is £20m in fact I doubt it is even half that figure.

I don't like agreeing with Ketman but on this occasion I am forced to.

: - )
  • edited July 2010
    OK.....it was me ! I was hoping that this would not hit the rumour mill until I had released Richard Murray from that headlock. Now my cover is blown I suppose I will have to release the rest of the CAFC Board of Directors from the cupboard under my stairs.... While I remember, I'd better text Parkinson and let him know not to bother with the extra front target man. "So its just, todays Sun, some tea bags and £1 lucky dip for this Fridays Euro then Phil, theres a good lad !"
  • the bit about them putting in another 500k each isn't very believable :)
  • I did only say it was a rumour, bit strange though that Varney was mentioned as being involved. Oh well gave you all a laugh by all accounts.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]the bit about them putting in another 500k each isn't very believable :)

No, that's the one bit that rang true.
    [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]I did only say it was a rumour, bit strange though that Varney was mentioned as being involved. Oh well gave you all a laugh by all accounts.

Not having a go but Varney has been mentioned in just about every "I've heard that we're being taken over" rumour. Throwing his name in doesn't make it any more or less true.
  • Fair enough, i'll see if i can get him to give me something that may or may not give it some legs.
  • [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Can't give exact source but connected to a championship club and seemed to know what they were talking about. Not sure what i think to be honest.

Connected in what way?

[cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Apparently the source has a contact within the club, showed me some number on his phone. Might of been his Mum for all i know.

Whose phone number did he claim to have on his phone? Someone connected with Charlton or the bidders?

Why do you think he would have any knowledge about such a bid?

Why would he tell you?

If I heard such a rumour I would have to be at least 90% certain that he was telling the truth before I posted it here. How confident are you that he is telling the truth?
  • Sponsored links:

• I very much doubt that our directors will be putting in another £1/2m each.
  • edited July 2010
    Easy folks someone spreading a bit of news, we dont have to give them a hard time we have been down this road a million times so no one will take this a true until it happend .

be a bit more friendly

Welcome Epsom
  • edited July 2010
    If things were only posted if there was 90% certainty this board would die!! FACT
  • edited July 2010
    this is all a moot point really, because even if there's a slightest bit of truth to it... which i doubt... the buyer, or buyers if it was a consortium, are "now exploring other clubs" so its neither here or there.
  • He was connected to the club, it came up during as business meeting. He was buying something from me for a Championship club. I don't mind the hard time, i don't know for sure if he was really in the know but it wasn't some bloke off the street.
  • Posted as a rumour. Nothing wrong with that. Welcome epsom.
  • The Directors would of had to put more money in to keep the club running this season although I would of thought the amount quoted is way off the mark.

Peter Ridsdale just left Cardiff.....................
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Directors would of had to put more money in to keep the club running this season although I would of thought the amount quoted is way off the mark.[/quote]

Would you expect more or less?
  • edited July 2010
    Doesnt Kelvin MacKenzie live in Epsom :)

Welcome to the site