Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumour

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Just spoke to apal who works at the club and is quite in the know and he doesnt know anything about it and he was at the ground all day yesterday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: smiffyboy[/cite]Just spoke to apal who works at the club and is quite in the know and he doesnt know anything about it and he was at the ground all day yesterday

Ah, but it was rumoured that the rumoured meeting of the rumoured interested party and our Board was held at the Institute of Directors, in London. FACT!
  • Options
    I would have thought the directors will get jack all back when the club is sold, i would have thought they just want out and don't want to keep subsidisng year on year losses.
  • Options
    But the Board are all long time Charlton fans.

In their hearts they won't want to flog the club to any old spivs, who then proceed to asset strip the place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I've been waitng 4 years for my welcome.

Perhaps people are trying to tell me something .....?

;o)

Welcome Mr Oggy ;-)
  • Options
    Oggy,

It's nice to know you're here
    it's nice to know you're here
    It's nice to know, it nice to know you're here
    Now............

: - )
  • Options
    Well, thank you Uncle and Henry.

And Henry even sang me a little ditty.
    I'm touched!

:o)
  • Options
    Is there any truth in oggy's IOD meeting comment, seems a bit random, should we revive the TAKEOVER thread just in case?

Welcome Epsom, no-one welcomed me or any of my other logins (you can have multiple names if you know how) either, but I did get a CL badge.
  • Options
    Still waiting for my welcome people...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Is there any truth in oggy's IOD meeting comment, seems a bit random, should we revive the TAKEOVER thread just in case?

Just a spoof posting, Steve, hence the word rumour featuring 3 times in the same sentence.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    I'm touched

Bit harsh on yourself there oggy a little strange but not touched ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]And Henry even sang me a little ditty.

Where's my ditty?
  • Options
    if you look at your profiles you will see that you all got a personalised welcome from our wonderful admin people when you joined.

Now stop moaning : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Where's my ditty?
    have you ever noticed in some fonts that a "d" looks like a "cl" ?
  • Options
    This man was nearly right fair play to him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Donvito[/cite]This man was nearly right fair play to him

Err, sorry but which bits were nearly right?

"board tunrned down a takeover bid yesterday from a British consortium"
    No evidence of that.

Directors apparently putting in another 1/2 million each to see us through next season. No, seems just one Director and not clear if even the put in £1/2m

Bid was rumoured to be 20 million but board wanted more and buyer is now exploring other clubs. Seems unlikely but we have no idea is the buyer is exploring other clubs.
  • Options
    Same rumour was on the mailing list a few days ago, and David Sumners said it wasn't true.

Anyway if/when we are eventually taken over, it needs to be the right people. If bids have been or are rejected in the future, it might be for good reason.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

No evidence of that.

Directors apparently putting in another 1/2 million each to see us through next season.No, seems just one Director and not clear if even the put in £1/2m

Bid was rumoured to be 20 million but board wanted more and buyer is now exploring other clubs.Seems unlikely but we have no idea is the buyer is exploring other clubs.

however, on the other thread someone did register a new company CAFC 2010 on 16.07.2010 so maybe a consortium was interested ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

No evidence of that.

Directors apparently putting in another 1/2 million each to see us through next season.No, seems just one Director and not clear if even the put in £1/2m

Bid was rumoured to be 20 million but board wanted more and buyer is now exploring other clubs.Seems unlikely but we have no idea is the buyer is exploring other clubs.

however, on the other thread someone did register a new company CAFC 2010 on 16.07.2010 so maybe a consortium was interested ?

If true more likely to be Richard Murray starting a New Co. to consolidate that companies in the PLC IMHO but that is just a guess.

Never saw that rumour. Was CAFC2010 a Ltd company?
  • Options
    yes, details on the thread about RM's takeover
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

No evidence of that.

If true more likely to be Richard Murray starting a New Co. to consolidate that companies in the PLC IMHO but that is just a guess.

Never saw that rumour. Was CAFC2010 a Ltd company?

Perhaps not, neither his name nor the names of any other known individuals appear on the officer's roll
  • Options
    ok not exactly true word for word but when a rumour of new investment has been wrote on here it has never happened but when this came out last week saying it's going to happen this week and it has well i am a happy man, and he was right of the new investment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Donvito[/cite]ok not exactly true word for word but when a rumour of new investment has been wrote on here it has never happened but when this came out last week saying it's going to happen this week and it has well i am a happy man, and he was right of the new investment.

We don't actually know if there has been new investment.
  • Options
    CAFC could stand for Consolidated Artificial Food Corporation : - )

The names not being known doesn't rule it out being an Addicks related Co. Could be lawyers etc.

Doesn't rule it in either.
  • Options
    or Cardigans Are For Creeps ;-))
  • Options
    he is going to put a new board of directors in so new investment! murray would not do this move without disscusing with possible new board members first! He not going to take the risk of doing this on his own with the plan of new investment coming in. He is not a silly man!
  • Options
    Or Crewe Alexandra FC.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Donvito[/cite]he is going to put a new board of directors in so new investment! murray would not do this move without disscusing with possible new board members first! He not going to take the risk of doing this on his own with the plan of new investment coming in. He is not a silly man!

Let's hope you are right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Companies House registration

Cheers Large, most likely is Addicks related then.