Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumour

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes
  • Options
    with the big reduction in wages and the player sales, these figures would assume we were still losing around 3.5 million per anum
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Directors would of had to put more money in to keep the club running this season although I would of thought the amount quoted is way off the mark.

Would you expect more or less?

With the player sales & Massive Reduction in Players salaries....Less.
  • Options
    not sure if this has been done before but i've always had my suspicions that 'Nick Gray' is Kelvin Mackenzie. Seems to have the same harsh view with very little of the respect and sentimentality of a proper long time Charlton supporter - more of a Johnny come lately.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Thanks for all the welcomes[/quote]

How come i didn't get any welcomes when i joined?
  • Options
    Whenever rumours appears why to people immediately ask for a source. Its pretty obvious that they will never be revealed at such an early stage as they expose those 'in the know'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bolderhumphreyreid[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Thanks for all the welcomes

How come i didn't get any welcomes when i joined?

you obviously didn't post anything interesting.

come to think of it, never did I.

Hi, i'm new!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]Can't give exact source but connected to a championship club and seemed to know what they were talking about. Not sure what i think to be honest.

Surely nobody can have an interest in more than one league club? If the CCC club wasn't the buyer how would another club know about the deal? Palace or Milwall fan stirring it?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]Whenever rumours appears why to people immediately ask for a source. Its pretty obvious that they will never be revealed at such an early stage as they expose those 'in the know'.

because as in this case finding out the background of the source (not their name or address) tends to add or shed weight to the credibility of the source.
  • Options
    Bolderhumphreyreid I never got a welcome either!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "whenever rumours appears why to people immediately ask for a source. Its pretty obvious that they will never be revealed at such an early stage as they expose those 'in the know'.

because as in this case finding out the background of the source (not their name or address) tends to add or shed weight to the credibility of the source."

But surely you accept that it can also jeopardise a) That sources position b) the sources relationship with those who disclose and c) how much information is released in future.
    There is a reason why journalists are massively protected of their sources.

Not to mention that just because something never comes to light or doesn't eventually happen doesn't mean the rumour was unfounded.
  • Options
    And by the way, to the person who suggested i might be a spanner or nigel. When was the last time you were present twice to see Charlton promoted at Carlisle and on one of those occassions Peter Beardsley was playing for Carlisle and scored twice if i remember and we won 3-2.!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]And by the way, to the person who suggested i might be a spanner or nigel. When was the last time you were present twice to see Charlton promoted at Carlisle and on one of those occassions Peter Beardsley was playing for Carlisle and scored twice if i remember and we won 3-2.!!!!!!!

did he ? Was that the Jim Tolmie own goal game ? 1985/86 season.
  • Options
    I too was at both Carlisle promotion games and if memory serves me correctly Beardsley played in the 1980-81 game which we won 2-1
  • Options
    No idea, was just trying to establish my credentials, can't remember date but sounds about right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]And by the way, to the person who suggested i might be a spanner or nigel. When was the last time you were present twice to see Charlton promoted at Carlisle and on one of those occassions Peter Beardsley was playing for Carlisle and scored twice if i remember and we won 3-2.!!!!!!!

beardsley did play in 81 but didn't score.

Saunders scored twice in 86 in the Jim tolmie game.

I wasn't doubting you R., just your source.

Anyway lets hope your source is wrong and the deal is still on!

And welcome to the site again. You're soon get used to the wierdo's on here (which is nearly everyone but me to be honest)
  • Options
    Might of been 2-1, there was a group of supporters there from Ireland or Holland or somewhere. Or was that the other game B******s what have i started.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]"whenever rumours appears why to people immediately ask for a source. Its pretty obvious that they will never be revealed at such an early stage as they expose those 'in the know'.

because as in this case finding out the background of the source (not their name or address) tends to add or shed weight to the credibility of the source."

But surely you accept that it can also jeopardise a) That sources position b) the sources relationship with those who disclose and c) how much information is released in future.
    There is a reason why journalists are massively protected of their sources.

Not to mention that just because something never comes to light or doesn't eventually happen doesn't mean the rumour was unfounded.

Of course but in that case don't say "fairly reliable source" as that begs the question "why only "fairly reliable"
  • Options

Wes Saunders scored both of Carlisle's goals in the 3-2 win in May 1986. Peter Beardsley played against Charlton four times in the season 1980/1981, but never scored.

Welcome and enjoy the site, Epsom.
  • Options
    That's me told then, better get facts right next time, but i was close. must get some credit for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: epsom addick[/cite]That's me told then, better get facts right next time, but i was close. must get some credit for that

Don't worry,

Shirty is one half of the reigning Charlton pairs Quiz champs (three years running) and I'm at home with a copy of Home and Away.

Old gits remembering the past is always welcome on here or so they tell youngsters like me : - )
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Henry welcomed epsomaddick first, so everyone followed suit.

He is the pied piper of CL! ;-)

Oh yeah, welcome! (to Henrys tune)
  • Options
    Enjoy the site,there is a few internet bullies on here just keep yourself to yourself and it should be ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]Henry welcomed epsomaddick first, so everyone followed suit.

He is the pied piper of CL! ;-)

Oh yeah, welcome! (to Henrys tune)

Shhhhh! - don't tell Nick Gray.

He's having his dose of Henry bashing on 606 again today I see!
  • Options
    This rumour was also on Your Views on the OS, but has now been removed.
  • Options
    I was at the 85/86 game - all started to go wrong then a 30 ish yard own goal and it all started going right. I didn't get much of a welcome either but hopefully my credentials have been increased a bit with that. Now i've just got to think of something interesting to say or come up with a £100 million takeover package.
  • Options
    If i was a sensitive sort i could get the hump with your post Bexley Dan. But as i am not i will take in the spirit i am sure it was meant.
  • Options
    I've been waitng 4 years for my welcome.

Perhaps people are trying to tell me something .....?

;o)
  • Options
    wasn't meant as a dig at you epsom. I don't see a problem with your post and even if it turns out to be unfounded, all you've done is passed on the news and said it could be boll*x. even if you're a wind up (which i don't think you are), who cares, it ain't wound me up.
  • Options
    Rumours are just that, rumours. We all know the score as regards that.

But it's summer, we're bored....and I, for one, want to hear every last rumour that is circulating about the club. It's what the internet was made for!

Cheers Epsom, and welcome.

P.S Can I just be contrary and say that I like the long threads as it gives a sense of continuity and often tells a story of how something has developed over time which can be great if you've got time on your hands! Seeing seven threads on the same topic is just poor practice and must drive the site mods bananas, so I can see the need to keep the thread numbers down.