Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Queens Park V Raith Rovers at Hampden Park.

For such a small crowd it actually was a good atmosphere in the away end.
    I thought Queens Park played at Lesser Hampden nowadays.

Apparently they will play in the main stadium next season as well according to the lady on reception.
    Why is that?  
    Lesser Hampden is being developed at the moment (feels like it’s been going on for ages, not sure if it’s delayed/behind schedule).
    I went past Lesser Hampden , but feel it would be a shame if QP played there. As I said in my post there was a great atmosphere amongst the 1,300 Raith fans who outnumbered the home fans about 2 to 1.
  • Options
    This was taken through a keyhole
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Apparently they will play in the main stadium next season as well according to the lady on reception.
    Why is that?  
    Lesser Hampden is being developed at the moment (feels like it’s been going on for ages, not sure if it’s delayed/behind schedule).
    I went past Lesser Hampden , but feel it would be a shame if QP played there. As I said in my post there was a great atmosphere amongst the 1,300 Raith fans who outnumbered the home fans about 2 to 1.

My mate saw them play there earlier this season.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Why is that?  

At Lesser Hampden?

The reason I went yesterday was to visit the National Stadium. I have previously been to Celtic and Rangers as well as Raith's ground in Kirkcaldy. As Raith are my Scottish team it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

My understanding is QP have an arrangement with the Scottish national team can use Lesser Hampden for training and the FA allow QP use the National Stadium for matches.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Why is that?  

At Lesser Hampden?

The reason I went yesterday was to visit the National Stadium. I have previously been to Celtic and Rangers as well as Raith's ground in Kirkcaldy. As Raith are my Scottish team it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

My understanding is QP have an arrangement with the Scottish national team can use Lesser Hampden for training and the FA allow QP use the National Stadium for matches.
    Definitely Lesser Hampden, he sent pics over.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    Hi All, 

Apologies if this isn't the done thing in here but I have created a product that I think people in this thread may be interested in.

It's called the Groundhopper Notebook, and it is a tool that Groundhoppers can use to record the information and match stats of games they go to. To find out more, visit the post below, which I created here on Charlton Life last week.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/97722/groundhopper-notebook#latest

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    cafctom  nosaid:

I was at PSG Vs Rennes on Sunday.

Have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the noise the PSG supporters make - the ultras specifically. They were 1-0 down for most of the game (before an injury time equaliser), and they didn’t stop singing/bouncing. A couple of different tifos throughout the game too.
    Was it easy to get tickets Tom? If so how much 
    Getting tickets was fairly easy. I managed it through their online exchange site, and got ours for approx 120 EUR each. There were cheaper options though.
  • Options

Just back from a great weekend in Germany 

Friday night - Hoffeheim v RB Leipzig 1-1
    PreZero Arena
  • Options

Saturday night - Kaiserslautern v Magdeburg 4-1
    Fritz Walter Stadion

Quite possibly the best football atmosphere I’ve witnessed. Absolutely quality 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sunday afternoon - Wehen Wiesbaden v Holstein Kiel 0-1
    Brita Arena

Another good atmosphere in Bundesliga 2
  • Options
    How did you go about getting tickets @cafc4life?

I’ve tried getting tickets to a couple of club games in the past in the Bundesliga and they’re like gold dust. 
  • Options
    all from the respective clubs websites. Kaiserslautern there wasn’t that many available but luckily I bought them in Jan when they went on sale. 

Hoffenheim was €14
    kaiserlautern €27
    wiesbaden €12.50
  • Options
    Hoffenheim is the least supported club in Bundesliga . They are seen as a bit of weird club  as they are a product of lots of money being thrown at them. Situated in a tiny town too, not a big city 
  • Options
    Good to know - thank you. 

The last one I tried doing was St Pauli, who admittedly have an enormous support so was always going to be difficult.

I’ve got 5 stadiums lined up for the Euros, but not the same as seeing the club fanbase. 
  • Options
    I think ST Pauli is notoriously hard to get tickets for as is Union Berlin.

I did Monchengladbach and Fortuna Dusseldorf a few years ago which id recommend.

what Euro games have you got?

im going to Albania v Spain & France v Poland
  • Options
    Managed to go to a St Pauli game back in 2010 when they were in the Bundesliga, thanks to having a friend that was living in Hamburg that knew someone who was able to get a ticket. Amazing atmosphere, one of the best that I've experienced at a game, even though they lost. 

Would love to go back one day, unfortunately my friend has now moved, and given St Pauli look like they're about to get promoted back to the top flight it seems like tickets will probably be like gold dust for a while.
  • Options
    edited May 7
    cafc4life said:

I did Monchengladbach and Fortuna Dusseldorf a few years ago which id recommend.

I have the following:

Hungary v Switzerland (Cologne)
    England v Serbia (Gelsenkirchen)
    Turkey v Georgia (Dortmund)
    England v Denmark (Frankfurt)
    QF1 (Stuttgart)

Will also have tickets for England’s QF/SF/Final if they get that far. If things go to plan in the group stage then the QF would be in Düsseldorf. 

• Options
    cafctom said:
    cafc4life said:

I have the following:

QF1 (Stuttgart)

Will also have tickets for England’s QF/SF/Final if they get that far. If things go to plan in the group stage then the QF would be in Düsseldorf. 

quality - I stayed in Frankfurt this weekend. Waxys Bar worth a visit.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Just back from a great weekend in Germany 

Friday night - Hoffeheim v RB Leipzig 1-1
    PreZero Arena
    It seems a very new ground, recently moved?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Saturday night - Kaiserslautern v Magdeburg 4-1
    Fritz Walter Stadion

Quite possibly the best football atmosphere I’ve witnessed. Absolutely quality 
    Gotta love the executive boxes.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Sunday afternoon - Wehen Wiesbaden v Holstein Kiel 0-1
    Brita Arena

Another good atmosphere in Bundesliga 2
    Able to have a beer during the game it seems, very sociable.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafc4life said:

I have the following:

QF1 (Stuttgart)

If you don't mind me asking, you must have paid a few quid for those tickets.
  • Options
    Yeah beers and bratwurst whilst watching the games
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafc4life said:

I have the following:

QF1 (Stuttgart)

If you don't mind me asking, you must have paid a few quid for those tickets.
    The England ones I got for about 60 EUR as I’m part of the supporters club.

The other ones were between 100-200 EUR.