Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groundhopping

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Queens Park V Raith Rovers at Hampden Park.

For such a small crowd it actually was a good atmosphere in the away end.
    I thought Queens Park played at Lesser Hampden nowadays.

Apparently they will play in the main stadium next season as well according to the lady on reception.
    Why is that?  
    Lesser Hampden is being developed at the moment (feels like it’s been going on for ages, not sure if it’s delayed/behind schedule).
    I went past Lesser Hampden , but feel it would be a shame if QP played there. As I said in my post there was a great atmosphere amongst the 1,300 Raith fans who outnumbered the home fans about 2 to 1.
  • Options
    This was taken through a keyhole
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Apparently they will play in the main stadium next season as well according to the lady on reception.
    Why is that?  
    Lesser Hampden is being developed at the moment (feels like it’s been going on for ages, not sure if it’s delayed/behind schedule).
    I went past Lesser Hampden , but feel it would be a shame if QP played there. As I said in my post there was a great atmosphere amongst the 1,300 Raith fans who outnumbered the home fans about 2 to 1.

My mate saw them play there earlier this season.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Why is that?  

At Lesser Hampden?

The reason I went yesterday was to visit the National Stadium. I have previously been to Celtic and Rangers as well as Raith's ground in Kirkcaldy. As Raith are my Scottish team it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

My understanding is QP have an arrangement with the Scottish national team can use Lesser Hampden for training and the FA allow QP use the National Stadium for matches.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    se9addick said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Why is that?  

At Lesser Hampden?

The reason I went yesterday was to visit the National Stadium. I have previously been to Celtic and Rangers as well as Raith's ground in Kirkcaldy. As Raith are my Scottish team it seemed too good an opportunity to pass up.

My understanding is QP have an arrangement with the Scottish national team can use Lesser Hampden for training and the FA allow QP use the National Stadium for matches.
    Definitely Lesser Hampden, he sent pics over.
  • Options
    edited March 17
    Hi All, 

Apologies if this isn't the done thing in here but I have created a product that I think people in this thread may be interested in.

It's called the Groundhopper Notebook, and it is a tool that Groundhoppers can use to record the information and match stats of games they go to. To find out more, visit the post below, which I created here on Charlton Life last week.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/97722/groundhopper-notebook#latest

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  • Options

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    cafctom  nosaid:

I was at PSG Vs Rennes on Sunday.

Have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the noise the PSG supporters make - the ultras specifically. They were 1-0 down for most of the game (before an injury time equaliser), and they didn’t stop singing/bouncing. A couple of different tifos throughout the game too.
    Was it easy to get tickets Tom? If so how much 
    Getting tickets was fairly easy. I managed it through their online exchange site, and got ours for approx 120 EUR each. There were cheaper options though.