Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOHNNIE JACKSON - new 2 year contract at AFC Wimbledon (p44)

1394041424345»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 3
    I think JJ is doing a steady job down there. Not easy because he keeps having his best player sold in the January window. The run of 2 wins in 10 coincides with both first choice strikers being away on international duty and then one of them sold. So he seems par for the course to me and that's pretty much where he was at with us. 

But good manager or bad manager he seems popular enough down at Plough Lane looking at the clip Carly posted above and they are the opinions  that matter right now.
  • Options
    6 bookings per side
    94th minute winner
    just over 8k there 
    fair play for a minge of a club they’ve got some personality when it comes to this fixture and rightly so 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Gribbo said:
    Strange this; my brother in law is an AFC Wimbledon supporter and he's not too keen on Jacko.

Find it interesting looking at his PPM stats though. Jackos at AFC Wimbledon is 1.32. His average as permanent manager at Charlton was 1.53, which obviously got him sacked.

Nathan Jones managerial career PPM is 1.55, but some of that was in the Prem.

For comparison -

1st. Pep = 2.34
    2nd. Ferguson = 2.16
    3rd. Klopp = 2.11

I think that you have to take last season as a rebuilding job. His record this season is much stronger. That Wimbledon squad for League 2 is no better than ours is for League 1. They're challenging for the play offs. We all know where we are.
    I would say we are under achieving rather than them over achieving.

wimbledon claim the small club and poverty card but they have their own stadium, relatively big crowds for that league and have sold a couple of players for biggish fees and invested it well. They are where I would expect them to be
    Agreed. They stayed in L1 for 6 seasons before relegation, so they weren't some minnow out of their depth in a higher division. The new ground has clearly taken a lot of their capital, but it's also delivering bigger gates and corporate income.

Yes Jacko has done a decent job this season, but nothing outstanding. 
    Dear Lord.

Remind me which oligarch or multi-national corporation owns AFCW. 

They stayed in L1 for six seasons while all the time remaining fan-owned. Who built their new stadium? The fans. Even at this level that is a towering achievement. Portsmouth tried it but threw in the towel. Now they are dependent on Mr Disney. 

Portsmouth fans are generally a pretty bone-headed and entitled bunch. It’s one reason why we do well there, we know how easily they turn. (I’ve witnessed it since the mid 70s when I was at Poly there, two of my best mates were die-hards)

Are we as a fanbase becoming more like Pompey and less like AFCW? These two comments suggest so, and I think that is sad. I guess thats what happens when people forget the lessons of history.
    ???

I never knocked the amazing achievement in getting back to Plough Lane, though Kingstonian supporters might feel less charitable, after the sale of Kingsmeadow to Chelsea kicked them out. And the horrible language aimed at Karl Robinson when he was our manager left a sour taste too.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two/attendances

While it clearly isn't the only factor, Wimbledon have the 6th highest average attendances in L2, so you'd expect them to be competitive. The 2 teams either side of them in the table, Harrogate and Accrington, have the 22nd and 23rd highest attendances. Hence as I said, Jacko is doing a decent job, but not outstanding. 
    They didnt go back to Plough Lane. They've never played there before.

Another club did with a similar name. But not them.
    Jesus not his again.

If it happened to us, which I understand was a possibility, I would expect us and our supporters to claim the valley as our home and us as having won the cup, hales as top scorer etc and not MK Addicks or whatever they would be called.
    @Off_it is correct though.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Gribbo said:
    Strange this; my brother in law is an AFC Wimbledon supporter and he's not too keen on Jacko.

Find it interesting looking at his PPM stats though. Jackos at AFC Wimbledon is 1.32. His average as permanent manager at Charlton was 1.53, which obviously got him sacked.

For comparison -

1st. Pep = 2.34
    2nd. Ferguson = 2.16
    3rd. Klopp = 2.11

I think that you have to take last season as a rebuilding job. His record this season is much stronger. That Wimbledon squad for League 2 is no better than ours is for League 1. They're challenging for the play offs. We all know where we are.

wimbledon claim the small club and poverty card but they have their own stadium, relatively big crowds for that league and have sold a couple of players for biggish fees and invested it well. They are where I would expect them to be
    Agreed. They stayed in L1 for 6 seasons before relegation, so they weren't some minnow out of their depth in a higher division. The new ground has clearly taken a lot of their capital, but it's also delivering bigger gates and corporate income.

Dear Lord.

They stayed in L1 for six seasons while all the time remaining fan-owned. Who built their new stadium? The fans. Even at this level that is a towering achievement. Portsmouth tried it but threw in the towel. Now they are dependent on Mr Disney. 

Portsmouth fans are generally a pretty bone-headed and entitled bunch. It’s one reason why we do well there, we know how easily they turn. (I’ve witnessed it since the mid 70s when I was at Poly there, two of my best mates were die-hards)

Are we as a fanbase becoming more like Pompey and less like AFCW? These two comments suggest so, and I think that is sad. I guess thats what happens when people forget the lessons of history.
    ???

I never knocked the amazing achievement in getting back to Plough Lane, though Kingstonian supporters might feel less charitable, after the sale of Kingsmeadow to Chelsea kicked them out. And the horrible language aimed at Karl Robinson when he was our manager left a sour taste too.

While it clearly isn't the only factor, Wimbledon have the 6th highest average attendances in L2, so you'd expect them to be competitive. The 2 teams either side of them in the table, Harrogate and Accrington, have the 22nd and 23rd highest attendances. Hence as I said, Jacko is doing a decent job, but not outstanding. 

Jesus not his again.

If it happened to us, which I understand was a possibility, I would expect us and our supporters to claim the valley as our home and us as having won the cup, hales as top scorer etc and not MK Addicks or whatever they would be called.
    If you were in a pub with John fashanu and mcleoud and asked them who scored more for MK Dons, I think their answers would be the same, what would it be?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Gribbo said:

For comparison -

1st. Pep = 2.34
    2nd. Ferguson = 2.16
    3rd. Klopp = 2.11

Dear Lord.

???

Jesus not his again.

If you were in a pub with John fashanu and mcleoud and asked them who scored more for MK Dons, I think their answers would be the same, what would it be?
    I am not taking sides but Wimbledon and AFC are different clubs, and the new ground is not on the same site.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Gribbo said:

For comparison -

1st. Pep = 2.34
    2nd. Ferguson = 2.16
    3rd. Klopp = 2.11

Dear Lord.

???

Depends on what your view of a "club" is I guess.  Your answer is a very Katrine Meire/RD answer which ignores the emotion, culture and unique nature of football fans.    

Good luck to AFCW. Their fans are a bit snippy but I still like them and hope they can get back to L1 soon.
    Lol. Nice one. We have a difference of opinion so that clearly means I must be like the Belgian freakshow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 3
    And "we" are Charlton 1984 Ltd.
    We aren't the same club as previously existed.
    Sam Bartram never played for "us" and we've never won the FA Cup  :D
  • Options

In 1984 all that happened was the ownership of the club changed. Much as it has on numerous occasions since.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    Off_it said:

In 1984 all that happened was the ownership of the club changed. Much as it has on numerous occasions since.
    I thought the name of the club changed to Charlton Athletic Football Company1984 Ltd? 
    So a new club?
    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Gribbo said:

For comparison -

1st. Pep = 2.34
    2nd. Ferguson = 2.16
    3rd. Klopp = 2.11

Dear Lord.

???

I think that is a pedantic posting to get a reaction. You know exactly what was being said. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Off_it said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Gribbo said:

For comparison -

1st. Pep = 2.34
    2nd. Ferguson = 2.16
    3rd. Klopp = 2.11

Dear Lord.

???

I think that is a pedantic posting to get a reaction. You know exactly what was being said. 
    Thanks for letting me know what I'm thinking.

Only, the thing is, you're wrong. And that's a fact.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    JJ's lot beat Gillingham 2-0 this evening and now sit 7th in the table, a play off place in league 2.

Bias aside, Jackson can do something with Wimbledon if they give him time.
  • Options
    I congratulated him when they beat MK Dons as I know what it means to their fans - he said it was a really great day 😀

L2 table is certainly shaping up nicely at the moment at both ends with Forest Green and Sutton facing off his weekend!  Great stuff and there’s a lot to play for for a lot of teams still.

shaping up to be a cracking last couple of months this season