Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2023 - Rome

Comments

• Options
    Americans need 8.5 tomorrow to retain.

Europe 4 to win.
  • Options
    I’m assuming the classless prick is getting booed because he just walked all over the putting line?
  • Options
    Does that mean Cantaly and Clark done a golfie there...?
  • Options
    Did he really leave that last putt short ffs pathetic 
  • Options
    Not sure Europe will get 4 points in the singles. I think the Yanks are feeling like we did on Saturday evening at Medinah. Really hope I’m wrong 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Not sure Europe will get 4 points in the singles. I think the Yanks are feeling like we did on Saturday evening at Medinah. Really hope I’m wrong 🤞🏼🤞🏼
    If the yanks do as well in the singles as we did in Medinah we will win the Ryder Cup.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    If the yanks do as well in the singles as we did in Medinah we will win the Ryder Cup.
    No it would be 14-14 and they'd retain it.
  • Options
    Luke Donald will front load and try and get this sewn up early. If youre Zach J, who do you put out early on? Homa and Cantlay seems to be the only 'in form' players. The class of Sheffeler may come through and Keopka on his day is as good as any. It will be really interesting to see who's put out in the top 5 or so groups.
  • Options
    I’m assuming the classless prick is getting booed because he just walked all over the putting line?
    Apparently there was a further row later on as Rory was getting in a car to leave the course and Shane Lowry had to step in and push Rory into the car.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Luke Donald will front load and try and get this sewn up early. If youre Zach J, who do you put out early on? Homa and Cantlay seems to be the only 'in form' players. The class of Sheffeler may come through and Keopka on his day is as good as any. It will be really interesting to see who's put out in the top 5 or so groups.
    Ours will be Rory, Rahm, Hovland, Hatton, Fitzpatrick I reckon. They have to go big otherwise its game over so I suspect it'll be Scottie, Homa, Cantlay, Harmon & Schauffele. We have enough beyond that to bring it home. Four points is nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently there was a further row later on as Rory was getting in a car to leave the course and Shane Lowry had to step in and push Rory into the car.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12973637/furious-rory-mcilroy-restrained-by-shane-lowry-after-car-park-confrontation-with-team-usa-caddie

• Options

11.35 AM | Jon Rahm vs Scottie Scheffler

11.47 AM | Viktor Hovland vs Collin Morikawa

11.59 AM | Justin Rose vs Patrick Cantlay

12.11 PM | Rory McIlroy vs Sam Burns

12.23 PM | Matt Fitzpatrick vs Max Homa

12.35 PM | Tyrrell Hatton vs Brian Harman

12.47 PM | Ludvig Åberg vs Brooks Koepka

12.59 PM | Sepp Straka vs Justin Thomas

13.11 PM | Nicolai Højgaard vs Xander Schauffele

13.23 PM | Shane Lowry vs Jordan Spieth

13.35 PM | Tommy Fleetwood vs Rickie Fowler

13.47 PM | Robert MacIntyre vs Wyndham Clark

• Options
    We've got enough to take that.
  • Options
    Aberg to hole the winning putt.....
  • Options
    Just a heads up to anyone watching in UK that first match tees at 10:35 our time
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    No it would be 14-14 and they'd retain it.
    Sorry I wrote that when we had halved the last game. 
  • Options
    Hope it doesn't come down to that last game...
  • Options
    Mike said:
    It won't 
  • Options
    5 wins, 2 halves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Mike said:
    If it does, I'd rather have Macintyre over Clark to hole a six footer.
  • Options
    Don't believe we wont get the 4 points we need. I think the US might get more points than Europe but not enough to win/ retain the Cup. 

However, I don't think the row tonight will help us.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Nightmare scenario is only getting a couple of halves out of Rahm and McIlroy from the first six and we’re only a point ahead of the Americans relying on Aberg, Straka, Hojgaard, Lowry, Fleetwood and MacIntyre…
  • Options
    I trust we are all looking forward to a nice relaxing stress free day.Personally ,I am one of the millions who could not sleep last night thinking about Fitzpatrick dropping that last putt short,what a difference that would have made.I pray we get these 4 points early,but I have my doubts,the USA guys where pretty awesome yesterday afternoon in finishing off the holes,they hardly missed a putt.If a sea of red appears early on we will have problems,I doubt Scheffler and Koepka willl play as bad again as they did yesterday.All in our hands,bring out the valium.
  • Options
    playing today so going to miss it all. Confident we’ll me fine, in the main it was more the case of us coming off levels than the US stepping up. But certainly less pressure on the Yanks today. 

Rory really looks to me like someone who needs a break from the game. 
  • Options
    The top 4 games look the key to me as I would expect Europe to win 3 and possibly all 4 if Rose can beat Cantlay. After that it gets more difficult. Homa & Harman will be tough to beat and I have no idea how the bottom 6 will go. Will be a fascinating day as always.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I reckon Rahm has hold his putt hearing the noise 

No idea why Sky are showing the 2nd groups tee shots when Rahm has an important putt. 
  • Options

No idea why Sky are showing the 2nd groups tee shots when Rahm has an important putt. 
    Told ya....!
  • Options

Tricky for Sky at the start. You can't beat the theatre of that first tee for every start.
  • Options
    Handbags!