Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Six Nations 2023

Six Nations starts today!

The opener is the Owen Derby (my surname) Wales v Ireland 1415hrs (No Delilah allowed).
Think this will be tough for Ireland with Gatland back as coach for Wales, a potential banana skin as it were.

Then England v Scotland at 1645hrs at Twickenham, always an interesting fixture. Looking forward to seeing a different England side under Borthwick.

Finished by Italy v France tomorrow at 1500hrs. I’d love to think Italy will be buoyed by their recent form but unfortunately I can see only a France win here.

Comments

• Needs to change back to five nations with promotion and relegation. 

Used to watch this religiously up to about 8 years ago but for some reason rugby has lost its lustre to me with too many set plays of run and crash, get set, run and crash, reset. 

Now only tend to watch World Cup games. 

Having said that, come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
  • edited February 2023
    Ireland haven't won in 10 years in Wales, going to be a hard game.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Needs to change back to five nations with promotion and relegation. 

Used to watch this religiously up to about 8 years ago but for some reason rugby has lost its lustre to me with too many set plays of run and crash, get set, run and crash, reset. 

Now only tend to watch World Cup games. 

Having said that, come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
    I'm the same.  Used to go to the games many years ago and watched religiously.  I began to lose interest a few years ago as the game became more professional.  Much more crash bang Wallop set pieces than flowing running rugby.  All the adverts painted on the pitch annoy me.  The TV coverage is migraine inducing with constant zoom in. zoom  out, zoom in.  I also (being Scottish) can't quite get excited about a Scotland team that has at least seven of the starting fifteen of non-Scottish origin.  
  • Got tickets for England v Scotland today, really looking forward to going, been a few years since our last visit.
    Enjoy!
    I do love going to Twickenham, great stadium.

I get the moans about Union and to an extent agree. But this tournament always drags me back in.

COYBIG! 🇮🇪
  • edited February 2023
    Got tickets for England v Scotland today, really looking forward to going, been a few years since our last visit.
    Enjoy!

I get the moans about Union and to an extent agree. But this tournament always drags me back in.

COYBIG! 🇮🇪

A rocking Twickenham is an incredible experience - magnificent stadium. Plus all the lead up, drinking in The Cabbage Patch before the game, The White Swan afterwards, or The Albany - so many wonderful memories.

As an aside, the son of my Tax Director at work starts at scrum half today for Scotland - Ben White.
  • bobmunro said:
    Got tickets for England v Scotland today, really looking forward to going, been a few years since our last visit.
    Enjoy!

COYBIG! 🇮🇪

A rocking Twickenham is an incredible experience - magnificent stadium. Plus all the lead up, drinking in The Cabbage Patch before the game, The White Swan afterwards, or The Albany - so many wonderful memories.

As an aside, the son of my Tax Director at work starts at scrum half today for Scotland - Ben White.
    Oooh will keep an eye out for him so 👍🏼
  • bobmunro said:
    Enjoy!

COYBIG! 🇮🇪

Oooh will keep an eye out for him so 👍🏼
    He's a really good player. One position Scotland continue to produce great players
  • Bonus point win for Ireland, great first half for the boys in green. A lot more even in the second.
  • Bonus point win for Ireland, great first half for the boys in green. A lot more even in the second.
    Impossible, even for professionals, not to ease up a bit after the break.

Glad the second half was even.

Wales will be kicking themselves (Gatland was really quite gracious in defeat).
  • Sponsored links:

• No way the Welsh were going to be quite as awful in the second half as they were in the first.
    Far easier than I expected.

Happy Smudge ☘️
  • That wasn’t bad from the resident Scottish South African. 
  • edited February 2023
    That wasn’t bad from the resident Scottish South African. 
    Was a brilliant but not our only resident South African!
    Yep. As per my earlier comment. 
  • Good try for England 
  • That’s enough egg chasing. Now watching men with normally shaped balls. 
  • Oooh good try from yer man White 👍🏼
  • edited February 2023
    That wasn’t bad from the resident Scottish South African. 
    I thought you said 'the' not 'one of the'
  • New coach but zero difference in this England performance. Scotland far superior with ball in hand
  • Not good enough 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    Not good enough 
    Scotland were 😀
  • New coach but zero difference in this England performance. Scotland far superior with ball in hand
    100% this. I was so disappointed with the appointment of Borthwick and I’m even more so after watching that. Dreadful. 
  • Checked in for the last five minutes just in time to see the winning South Af,  sorry Scottish try. Great result and a hat trick if I’m not wrong. 
  • Oooh good try from yer man White 👍🏼
    Ben is a very good player, good job his grandfather was Scottish!

He’ll be playing in Scotland next season, probably Edinburgh.
    I thought you said 'the' not 'one of the'
    Or is it because he qualified through residency? I'm not sure if the other (4?) all qualified through family
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • What a great start!
    I love this tournament 😎