Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Six Nations 2023

Comments

• Come on Italy!
  • Unlucky Italy. Great effort against a good side.
  • Borthwick needs to get his selections right (which he failed to do yesterday), otherwise Italy could well win next week .. from almost nothing they have developed  a very combative team, big, direct and not afraid to attack from anywhere .. they gave France a serious fright today
    Ireland were awesome against (an admittedly) poor Wales yesterday and Scotland showed that wining is always about taking your chances and not being afraid to attack from deep (like Italy) .. 3 away wins, VERY rare
    France in Dublin next week, winner takes it all ? .. probably
  • Ahhhhhh Italy, you came so close!
  • Atoje had a strangely quiet game…..unfortunately.
    Had he been up to his usual very high standard, I think we’d have come away with a victory, so close were the two sides on the day…..an on form performance from him would have tipped the scales….IMHO.
    Great game that could have gone either way, neither side deserved to lose.
  • Great effort by Italy, they might fancy their chances next week against England.
  • I feel sorry for anyone who just does not get how great this tournament is.

I am English through and through, like nothing better than Scottish, Welsh, Irish and French calamaties but I sat there yesterday marvelling over the spectacle. Great match.
    Yeah I’m the same, I really enjoy watching International Rugby but I’m a lot more magnanimous in defeat for England than I am with football. Scotland were fantastic yesterday 
  • I feel sorry for anyone who just does not get how great this tournament is.

I am English through and through, like nothing better than Scottish, Welsh, Irish and French calamaties but I sat there yesterday marvelling over the spectacle. Great match.
    Yeah I’m the same, I really enjoy watching International Rugby but I’m a lot more magnanimous in defeat for England than I am with football. Scotland were fantastic yesterday 
    Really? I personal don't mind losing in the rugby as opposed to the football, but each to their own
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    I feel sorry for anyone who just does not get how great this tournament is.

Really? I personal don't mind losing in the rugby as opposed to the football, but each to their own

• Some game in Dublin, great win for Ireland in a tough match, but I'll remain nervous in the upcoming fixtures.
  • Some game in Dublin, great win for Ireland in a tough match, but I'll remain nervous in the upcoming fixtures.
    I mentioned about a year ago that France have a great first 15 BUT their bench is nowhere near as strong .. also the French seemed to run outta puff .. Ireland have a superb 23, even 30, they are all skilful, brave, totally committed and have 2 or 3 genuine contenders for every position .. one of the best squads ever and I'll be surprised if they don't win the World Cup
    I mentioned about a year ago that France have a great first 15 BUT their bench is nowhere near as strong .. also the French seemed to run outta puff .. Ireland have a superb 23, even 30, they are all skilful, brave, totally committed and have 2 or 3 genuine contenders for every position .. one of the best squads ever and I'll be surprised if they don't win the World Cup
    That's it, you've doomed us....😁
  • oh flower of Scotland, when will we see your like again …….
  • Wales mullered by Scotland but strangely a much changed and young Welsh pack looked promising and will get better over time (a rare commodity in top level international sport) .. the Scots, like the Irish have been together for a few years and it shows .. be interesting to see how England go against the improving Italians .. good start, Borthwick has dropped the hopping and skipping Smith and picked a proper stand off and centres .. we will see
  • 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 
  • Happy today with our result against Wales

• Sponsored links:

• Great game!
    But I have to laugh at all the hype over Lowes try (wether you believe his foot touched the green stuff or not). Wingers score tries like that week in week out in League 🤷‍♀️

Wales really are poor aren’t they? Definitely no Gatland bounce happening there.

Looking forward to the England game today, let’s see what it brings.
  • t b h I thought immediately that Lowe's foot was in touch, but it was i m o a VERY close call .. the various angles shown to Barnes by the TV replay referee were inconclusive .. only after the game did another angle, not shown to Barnes for some reason, showed Lowe's foot SEEMINGLY in touch .. Barnes gave Lowe the benefit of the doubt and though at the time the scores were close, I still believe that Ireland would have won
  • t b h I thought immediately that Lowe's foot was in touch, but it was i m o a VERY close call .. the various angles shown to Barnes by the TV replay referee were inconclusive .. only after the game did another angle, not shown to Barnes for some reason, showed Lowe's foot SEEMINGLY in touch .. Barnes gave Lowe the benefit of the doubt and though at the time the scores were close, I still believe that Ireland would have won
    Barnes may have got that call wrong, but also the yellow card? Think it should have been red. 
    Barnes may have got that call wrong, but also the yellow card? Think it should have been red. 
    Most of Bushes Bar shared your opinion my friend.
    Himself and I thought it was a decent tackle 🤷‍♀️
    The new rules will probably see it as a red next season.
    Most of Bushes Bar shared your opinion my friend.
    Himself and I thought it was a decent tackle 🤷‍♀️
    The new rules will probably see it as a red next season.
    agree with you and disagree with the Rt Hon Guinness lol .. as you say the new tackle laws (reverting back to the laws when RU was strictly (lol) amateur) will see that as a red .. wait for many more serious injuries as defenders try to go in low and take a knee or boot in the kisser or get a broken neck from the impetus from a 16+ stone attacker
  • Crikey, Italy are frustratingly inconsistent aren’t they?

England looked a lot better.
  • France prop Uini Atonio has been cited for his tackle on Ireland hooker Rob Herring. 
  • France prop Uini Atonio has been cited for his tackle on Ireland hooker Rob Herring. 
    Oooh.
    Seems my take on tackling in as old as me now 😫🤷‍♀️🤣🤣
  • pragmatic England did the biz over Italy but were not all that .. I was pleased to see Farrell selected again at stand off, but what t f was he doing kicking ball away from well inside the Italy 22 .. not once, but 3 times ? .. speculative chips in the hope that the winger could outpace the defenders .. Farrell wore a head bandage all through the game, perhaps he was still a trifle concussed ? .. forwards were in goodish nick once more, not so much the backs

England/Borthwick seemed to be still suffering from 'Jonesitis'  .. too much kicking for 'territory', too many apparently pointless substitutions which lost team momentum and cohesion, e.g. Smith on at s/o for 8 minutes ?.. WHY? .. and an obsession with (another itis) 'Tuilagiitis' .. a centre driving into the opposition with no thought of finding space or (heaven forbid) a pass .. I doubt VERY much if this will do against France or Ireland .. even the under the cosh Welsh with their new young pack might find it not too hard to deal with .. we will see
  • I did wonder the same Lincs about the number of times Farrell kicked, when in good position and seemingly with numbers around him.  Couldn’t imagine Sexton doing the same.