Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SKY T.V

Want to phone sky tv about changing my programmes any advice to get an Bitish phone number

Comments

• edited January 2023
  • Thank You
  • edited January 2023
    last time i renegotiated my contract (18 months ago) I used 
    I anm due to ring up again as my contract is up shortly. They want to put my subscription up to £75 per month. Interested what others are paying.
  • I am now with Sky and am paying just over £100 a month but that includes TV. Phone & Broadband. I used to be with Virgin Media, but they cut off my phone a number of times when I used it more than a certain amount each month so I ditched them. I have not had the same problem with Sky and am also paying less per month than I did with Virgin Media.
  • My contract recently came up for renewal and they wanted to increase it from £67 to £83/month. I have been quite successful in pushing back on increases the last couple of times even going as far as giving them notice of cancellation. They weren't for budging this time and frankly I couldn't be bothered to go through the normal dance of negotiations, so have accepted the £83. Full package with sports, cinema, Netflix, kids, Paramount etc. Am sure there will be others paying less.
  • We phoned up on Monday.
    The wife realised we were paying £97pm and had been out of contract for some time.

£79 for Sky Signature with Sky Sports and Netflix free, including all the QHD and Sky Q Multiroom (3 boxes) additional costs etc.
    Admin fee of £20 waived too when she said she was refusing to pay it as was was Sky Platinum or something or other.

We do our FTTP with BT for £55pm (500mb speed) with unlimited calls on the digital voice landline.

I wanted to get rid of the landline as I dont use it but got overruled.
  • I have sky Q with HD and sports HD with basic broandband and a landline with phone anytime.I tried to delete HD but if I did that I could accsess Hard Drive programmes.
    I am now paying £91.50,But in April its going up to £108.If I cant get a better deal sky will have to go
  • I pay 83 quid, incl broadband, one mini box, but no movies or bt sport
  • We let our mobile deals run out and refuse to upgrade our iPhone 6 & 7 plus phones, we currently pay £13 unlimited calls and texts per month.
    Sky fecking hate me. :)
  • @JohnBoyUK Do you find the skyq (and the multi room boxes) play nicely with the bt broadband (eg non sky internet?). 

I’m considering the switch to sky from virgin for tv, but sky don’t offer speeds over 50mb where I live so internet would have to be a different provider 
  • Sponsored links:

• fmaddick said:
    @JohnBoyUK Do you find the skyq (and the multi room boxes) play nicely with the bt broadband (eg non sky internet?). 

I’m considering the switch to sky from virgin for tv, but sky don’t offer speeds over 50mb where I live so internet would have to be a different provider 
    No issues at all.  All my boxes are connected by ethernet.
    The thickness of our internal walls and what the walls are made of made it impossible to have them over wifi.

(See the what router thread!)
  • Was paying £83 just for tv plus Sky/BT Sports a few months ago, they then advised if was going up to £100 so cancelled. 

Left it a month or so and got various offers from Sky so went back on the same package for £63 a month, 18 month contract. 
  • Derek1952 said:
    Want to phone sky tv about changing my programmes any advice to get an Bitish phone number
    Are you subscribing using Bitcoin? 
  • edited January 2023
    See the cost of living crisis hitting home.
    Anyone paying a grand a year to watch TV need to have a serious talk with themselves.
    Or if it means that much, perhaps get out more.
  • Useful threads these so people can gauge potential overpayments, etc.

We're £72 a month. TV only...Sky Q, one Sky mini. All channels - Sports, movies, UHD, top level Netflix, etc etc. No BT Sports or Kids pack.
  • Just renewed, we have broadband (100mpbs download speed) - sky glass, 2 mini boxes and all the add ons with sports etc bar movies for £120 a month. Went into bluewater to do it and got a better rate than over the phone
  • R0TW said:
    See the cost of living crisis hitting home.
    Anyone paying a grand a year to watch TV need to have a serious talk with themselves.
    Or if it means that much, perhaps get out more.
    During previous financial crisis, Sky did very well. It seems people decided to give up on going out and spent more money on home entertainment. I wonder if that will happen again. Hope not lol. 
  • Could of had sky cinema for £6 a month aswell 
  • iaitch said:
    Was paying £83 just for tv plus Sky/BT Sports a few months ago, they then advised if was going up to £100 so cancelled. 

Left it a month or so and got various offers from Sky so went back on the same package for £63 a month, 18 month contract. 
    This. 
    Just cancel and they will soon be ringing you up and your top up with a better deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    iaitch said:
    Was paying £83 just for tv plus Sky/BT Sports a few months ago, they then advised if was going up to £100 so cancelled. 

This. 
    Just cancel and they will soon be ringing you up and your top up with a better deal.
    After I took the offer above they then sent even better offers.
  • Was paying £80 a month and cancelled it recently. Told them I only wanted sport channels but they couldn't do a deal that didn't involve getting their other stuff, which has cost them a customer.
  • edited January 2023
    If you feel the person you are speaking to isn't being helpful and playing hard ball, cut the call off and speak to somebody else complaining your last call was cut off.

Plus, if you feel you are being pushed into a corner to cancel, cancel. You can always ring back in a few days saying you have changed your mind if you say you want to cancel for the end of the month to give you time to get BT sport or Virgin working. Ultimately they want your money.
  • If you feel the person you are speaking to isn't being helpful and playing hard ball, cut the call off and speak to somebody else complaining your last call was cut off.

Plus, if you feel you are being pushed into a corner to cancel, cancel. You can always ring back in a few days saying you have changed your mind if you say you want to cancel for the end of the month to give you time to get BT sport or Virgin working. Ultimately they want your money.
    The secret to getting a good deal is to get past the first person you speak to in the call centre. He or she will offer you a deal but it won't be the best one you can get.

Instead, insist on speaking to the disconnect/retention section. It can sometimes be difficult but if the person you are speaking to won't do it, try again as mutley says. The retention section will offer you a much better price than someone in the call centre can.
  • Iptv folks. 65 for the year! Crazy how much sky and bt are asking for now 
  • Swisdom said:

It’s about to go up by about £15 a month as my deals expire so it’s clearly time to re-negotiate! 😳

Oh yeah - also got £50 a month on top for 2 mobile contracts for my kids!

• Iptv folks. 65 for the year! Crazy how much sky and bt are asking for now 
    Yes but IPTV nicks the programmes it broadcasts. A lot of people won't be comfortable with that.  
  • I think that you're all mad.

Even if we suddenly doubled our income I would still refuse these prices out of principle. All the money just ends up paying the mega rich footballer millionaires who don't deserve it. All those Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle etc clubs and players can get stuffed - I refuse to pay the w*****s.

Terrestrial TV and broadband is enough. On terrestrial TV there are still 5-7 hours of football a week. Sure, missing the Champions League was hard at first when they took the highlights off ITV but now I don't miss it.