Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY T.V

Comments

• Options

Interesting use of the label 'Free' in there!!  
  • Options
    I think that you're all mad.

Even if we suddenly doubled our income I would still refuse these prices out of principle. All the money just ends up paying the mega rich footballer millionaires who don't deserve it. All those Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle etc clubs and players can get stuffed - I refuse to pay the w*****s.

Terrestrial TV and broadband is enough. On terrestrial TV there are still 5-7 hours of football a week. Sure, missing the Champions League was hard at first when they took the highlights off ITV but now I don't miss it.
    Why don't those players deserve it? They entertain millions every week.
  • Options
    Is entertaining the pinnacle of worth and reward?

Besides, as we saw in 2020-21, take away the fans from the stadium, and the spectacle virtually dies. 
  • Options
    Currently pay £67 (Sky TV but no kids or multiroom,). Letter to increase to £75. Call could reduce to £72. Got onto cancellation team offered £58 for an 18 monthy contract. so lowere than currently paying. 
  • Options
    Still £57 more than I would give them
  • Options
    Mine has just gone up from £53 to Just under £70.00, usually I haggle and get it back down, can't be bothered this year as I don't watch sky sports, the premier league bores me
    so no interest there. 
    Thinking of going down the Freeview route plus Netflix for £11.00 per month.
    Once that is sorted out, Sky will get a months cancellation notice.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    fmaddick said:
    @JohnBoyUK Do you find the skyq (and the multi room boxes) play nicely with the bt broadband (eg non sky internet?). 

I’m considering the switch to sky from virgin for tv, but sky don’t offer speeds over 50mb where I live so internet would have to be a different provider 
    No issues at all.  All my boxes are connected by ethernet.
    The thickness of our internal walls and what the walls are made of made it impossible to have them over wifi.

(See the what router thread!)
    Just read this, I was wondering how thick are your walls?
    I do like wired connections, hard to wrong with them. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I'm currently paying a whopping £151 for TV, phone and Broadband. I have tried the "I'm leaving" trick to try and reduce my bill in the past and, just my luck, they called my bluff and offered to cancel my service there and then. So, I have been reluctant to try it again. I am seriously thinking of buying a Freesat recorder box and actually cancelling my TV subscription which will save me £111 a month.
  • Options
    I'm currently paying a whopping £151 for TV, phone and Broadband. I have tried the "I'm leaving" trick to try and reduce my bill in the past and, just my luck, they called my bluff and offered to cancel my service there and then. So, I have been reluctant to try it again. I am seriously thinking of buying a Freesat recorder box and actually cancelling my TV subscription which will save me £111 a month.
    Did you just speak to the call centre or get through to the retention team?

If you didn't get through to the retention team, try again when your contract is up. If you do that, I will be amazed if you don't get offered a deal.

And as others have said, call their bluff and cancel (especially your tv). They will phone you and offer you a new price before your contract expires.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Mine has just gone up from £53 to Just under £70.00, usually I haggle and get it back down, can't be bothered this year as I don't watch sky sports, the premier league bores me
    so no interest there. 
    Thinking of going down the Freeview route plus Netflix for £11.00 per month.
    Once that is sorted out, Sky will get a months cancellation notice.
    The Freeview route? Freeview’s free anyway. So £11 a month for Netflix?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Our sports pack is £30! How have you got this so cheap? 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    clb74 said:

Our sports pack is £30! How have you got this so cheap? 

• Options
    charltonkeston said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    fmaddick said:
    @JohnBoyUK Do you find the skyq (and the multi room boxes) play nicely with the bt broadband (eg non sky internet?). 

I’m considering the switch to sky from virgin for tv, but sky don’t offer speeds over 50mb where I live so internet would have to be a different provider 
    No issues at all. All my boxes are connected by ethernet.
    The thickness of our internal walls and what the walls are made of made it impossible to have them over wifi.

(See the what router thread!)
    Just read this, I was wondering how thick are your walls?
    I do like wired connections, hard to wrong with them. 

Thick...they don't even know their 2 x table and they think Palace is where the king lives 😉.
  • Options
    Received an email telling me that my subscription is changing - changing being the operative word!

• Options
    Just cancelled my sky subscription after 22 years, they did'nt like it . Tried with offering me broadband and landline calls for £4 less a month
    than it is costing me now, so interesting to see @raith-c-chattonell post with the increase in April.

Will not miss there service and should have done it long ago.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Want to phone sky tv about changing my programmes any advice to get an Bitish phone number
    It might be a bit of a struggle getting through but here's a Bitish number for Sky:

;)

• Options
    Finally got around to ringing Sky today. Spoke to someone in India who, I must admit, did there best to reduce my bill as I am out of contract.
    I'm currently paying £151 a month but all they would offer is a £40 discount for two months then it rises by £15. The remaining 16 months of the contract would only be a £25 reduction.
    A new customer signing up for an 18 month contact with the exact same package is £97. I've been with them for 23 years and they wouldn't reduce any more. So I've told them I am going to buy a Freesat recorder then cancel my entire package next month.
    Let's see if anyone makes contact to try and keep me.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    Really don’t get people paying £1500 plus to watch TV.
    Ditched both the BBC licence and sky many years ago.
    Now get more than both offered for £50 per year.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Really don’t get people paying £1500 plus to watch TV.
    Ditched both the BBC licence and sky many years ago.
    Now get more than both offered for £50 per year.
     shhh don't tell everyone, if sky had no money we wouldn't have a stream ect
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finally got around to ringing Sky today. Spoke to someone in India who, I must admit, did there best to reduce my bill as I am out of contract.
    I'm currently paying £151 a month but all they would offer is a £40 discount for two months then it rises by £15. The remaining 16 months of the contract would only be a £25 reduction.
    A new customer signing up for an 18 month contact with the exact same package is £97. I've been with them for 23 years and they wouldn't reduce any more. So I've told them I am going to buy a Freesat recorder then cancel my entire package next month.
    As I've posted before, you've got to get past the first person you speak to in the call centre. That person will offer you a deal - as he has done- but it will not be a good one.

You must insist you want to speak to the retention section. If they won't transfer you - as sometimes they won't- hang up and try again.

Once you get thru to the retention centre the person you speak to will offer you a much, much better deal. 

Try again tomorrow - ring first thing and insist on speaking to the retention section. I will bet you get a much better offer.

• Options
    As I've posted before, you've got to get past the first person you speak to in the call centre. That person will offer you a deal - as he has done- but it will not be a good one.

You must insist you want to speak to the retention section. If they won't transfer you - as sometimes they won't- hang up and try again.

Once you get thru to the retention centre the person you speak to will offer you a much, much better deal. 

Try again tomorrow - ring first thing and insist on speaking to the retention section. I will bet you get a much better offer.

You don't even have to ring up once cancelled.
    They will ring you back of email you
  • Options
    I will try again tomorrow as Virgin Media do a very good package for £75 a month for 18 months. I don't like Virgin Media though but will threaten to move to them. I did ask for the retention dept but the lady in India insisted she was the right person to speak to
  • Options
    I will try again tomorrow as Virgin Media do a very good package for £75 a month for 18 months. I don't like Virgin Media though but will threaten to move to them. I did ask for the retention dept but the lady in India insisted she was the right person to speak to
    Good luck. They has happened to me before - someone refusing to put me through. Just remember insist on speaking to the retention team or hang up and try again.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Ring 151 if you have landline, or the freephone number if not, and when it asks what you are calling for say "leaving" or "retentions"  then go through the next few questions saying/answering same. Do this in day hours and you hopefully get to retentions.
  • Options
    I've just negotiated my new deal for pretty much everything at £105 per month. Anyone doing better than that ?
  • Options
    Just left Virgin and moved to BT.
    Virgin really didn't make much effort to keep me so something's changed..
    Bit gutted as Virgin really had improved their TV system in the last couple of years
    My initial thoughts on BTs box and system isn't the greatest. In fact it's pretty sh*t. Broadband is much better than I expected though and that's probably the most important thing for me these days
    But hey ho. The whole package is under half of what I'd be paying if I'd stayed with Virgin.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    I've just negotiated my new deal for pretty much everything at £105 per month. Anyone doing better than that ?
    IPTV, £4.16 per month 👍🏻
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    No Sky, just Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+, about 30 quid.