Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gianluca Vialli - RIP

Passed away today apparently 

rip fella.  Quite magnificent football and seemingly decent chap 

Comments

• Options
    RIP Gianluca... I thought the way they spoke @ the Euros, as though he'd won the battle against Cancer
  • Options
    wow - didn't even know he was ill, just looked up, was only 58

Great player and far too young

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Gianluca, great player and always came across as a lovely fella.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    wow - didn't even know he was ill, just looked up, was only 58

Great player and far too young

RIP
    Pancreatic cancer. He'd already had chemo back in 2017 but had been in remission.

RIP

• Options
    RIP. Great player and seemed an overall nice guy. Scott Minto spoke about him on talk sport a week or so ago and said he was brilliant and that they were still friends. 
  • Options
    Sad. I've never really liked Chelsea, but I was excited to see him play when he came over here. A top quality player and seemed a nice chap too
  • Options
    Top bloke and footballer RIP.
  • Options
    WOW - shocker

Seemed a lovely fella

RIP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really sad, so young a great footballer and apparently and more importantly a good man R.I.P
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    RIP, taken far too young. I knew the cancer had returned, but had no idea it had progressed so far.
  • Options
    Oh that’s sad. RIP. Very good player and a decent manager for Chelsea. 
  • Options
    Dreadful news. Great player and always seemed a really nice bloke too.

RIP. 
  • Options
    So sad and so young. As others have said he always seemed to be a very nice fella. Thoughts with all his friends and family. R.I.P. <3
  • Options
    Loved him as a player and seemed a really lovely bloke.

Very sad news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP luca
  • Options
    RIP - one of the first influx of foreign players Chelsea got in that period in the mid 90s, when I was in my early teens.   Great player.  Very sad and far too young 
  • Options
    That's a real shock. Like many have said seemed like a really nice guy and a brilliant footballer. RIP 
  • Options
    Shocking news. So many deaths this of people you’ve grown up with, watched on TV RIP GianLuca
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Way too young, very sad. RIP
  • Options
    Awful news.
    RIP 💔
  • Options
    Awful news, RIP Luca
  • Options
    Have just said the same to friends that many have said above here. He always came across as a really lovely fella.  Bloody horrible disease and 58 is no age at all.  Rest in peace Luca.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Christ, I knew he'd been unwell but that's a shocker. 

RIP
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    Quality at his peak with Juve and Chelsea’s best manager before the Russian came in. 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Really sad, 58 is far too young.  Knew he had cancer but you always hope for good news.

RIP.