Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gianluca Vialli - RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Shocked by this. R.I.P. Great player and my age!
  • Options
    Very sad news - much too young. RIP Gianluca.
  • Options
    If there was a Heaven FC, it has just been strenghtened by a couple of great strikers.
  • Options
    Always remember as a kid one of my earliest European football memories was watching the Sampdoria side with him, Mancini and Lombardo.
  • Options
    Always remember as a kid one of my earliest European football memories was watching the Sampdoria side with him, Mancini and Lombardo.
    I imagine Mancini must be devastated- it's only a couple of weeks since Mihajlovic passed away from cancer. Mancini was close to both.

Such a cruel illness.
  • Options
    Awful news. A happy go lucky spirit and a great striker in his day.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bloody hell, didn't know about his illness. What a great player he was, I remember him player/managing chelsea and would always change a game when he brought himself on. What a leader.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Great striker, very good coach, and an all round nice guy by all accounts, and certainly by the way he always came across.

So sad - RIP Luca

P.S. continued best wishes, Beds.
  • Options
    Really saddened by this, RIP
  • Options
    So sad. Vialli was very same age that my wife's twin brother was when taken by this dreadful disease. Fine footballer, coach and person.

RIP 
  • Options
    RIP Gianluca. Awful news! Absolute legend! 
  • Options
    RIP Luca
  • Options
    Such sad news, always came accross as a really nice bloke. RIP
  • Options
    Horrid news. RIP. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice man, great footballer and first Italian to manage in England .. sad loss .. R I P
  • Options
    Had no idea Luca was battling cancer. Very sad indeed! A class act taken too soon - RIP 🇮🇹 
  • Options
    That was a real shock, only 58.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Vialli great player played with a smile
  • Options
    Rip. Far to young and what a player he was and man.🙏🙏
  • Options
    RIP to a fantastic player and a nice man.
  • Options
    Followed him into a bank on St James St once to get an autograph for my mate, sure he thought I was going to rob him, but he just laughed signed the bit of paper I had, was a total gentleman, and what a player.
  • Options
    One of my first favourite players when I was growing up. Such a classy player. I have a really vivid image of him playing for Chelsea against Tromso in the Cup Winners' Cup when I was about 7 years old. Chelsea conceded twice inside 20 minutes and then a ridiculous blizzard came down. The pitch was pretty much unplayable, any semblance of football stopped and Ruud Gullit spent the entirety of that time screaming for someone to call the match off. Vialli was the only player on the pitch though who played like the pitch was a carpet. Still had everything in his arsenal and he scored two fantastic goals where he sat down more Tromso players than there were fans in the stadium. Beautiful close control in arctic snow, all in that legendary bright yellow kit. Chelsea lost that match 3-2 and it was only Vialli that kept them alive. They won the second leg 7-1 (Vialli got a hattrick) in normal conditions but I think a sense of injustice and knowing they were still in the tie is what allowed Chelsea to tear them apart so actively. If not for Vialli that first match would have ended 3-0 as not even Gianfranco Zola could find his feet in those conditions, which is saying something. That's one of my earliest football memories and it has stayed with me as an incredible display of individual calm and brilliance with everything stacked against him, which if you saw his pundit performances appears to be how he approached life as well as football. A real loss
    Always enjoyed watching that Chelsea side. They were a fairly likeable club back then, largely because of players like Vialli. 
  • Options
    Wow. I’m shocked by that. RIP