Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre, Match & Post (p14) Thread| Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic (PJ2R)| Tues 22 November 2022

Comments

• Options
    How many coaches are VE running to this one ?
    Have we sold enough tickets to fill a coach?
  • Options
    Neither club really wants this fixture tonight .. 
  • Options

We’ve got a great record against teams from Devon on a Tuesday night this season.  

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Practice penalties and park the bus, all behind the ball with the exception of Campbell and Kanu who should be allowed to do what they want.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    How many coaches are VE running to this one ?
    1 minibus
    Just been downgraded to 1 black cab.
  • Options
    I’d be inclined to play some of our young lads - Henry, Chin, Mitchell, Deji, Kanu etc - none of the senior pros (apart from AMB) were fit to wear the shirt against Port Vale!
  • Options
    I just want to see a good, honest, hard-working performance from the team tonight. 100% from everyone.

A good result would be a bonus but a repeat of the showing against Port Vale will only make me question Garner`s  ability to motivate the squad and demand consistent performancies from some players.

Come on Charlton, you have already shown us this season that you can fight and beat the top teams in League 1. Regardless of who plays tonight, please find that committment again and restore our belief that this season can still bring us something to celebrate. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    RedChaser said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedChaser said:
    But it's only us who have injuries...

I would play the best team I could tonight.  Although I doubt anyone will be watching.
    So would I if they weren’t running on fumes 😉. It’ll be much of the same mixture of youth and bench regulars I expect. And Plymouth will be doing the same by the sound of things. Not all injury driven though Schumacher will be prioritising promotion now and resting a few key players.
    I don’t get the running on fumes thing. They’re supposed to be athletes and I just don’t think playing a couple of games a week is a valid excuse for poor performances. Especially as they had a clear week before Saturday. 
    I hope they can stay in the cup competitions as long as possible as they’ve provided a bit of much needed light relief this season. 
    this .. sounds to me like Garner getting his excuses in first .. and wins mean money (as well as much needed confidence), and we need all we can get
  • Options
    It may not be the most prestigious of the cups we're in, but as a L1 side, it probably represents our best chance of winning any silverware this season and I want us to win.  After Saturday's no show, I want to see a positive reaction because right now the Club needs a lift. We won't have had much time to train, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    im only watching if JFC and Lyle are playing
  • Options
    Very young defence and even younger subs bench …. Oh well that’s one cup out the way 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Looks like a lineup to give us a good game, full of youth with a few first teamers, so def worth watching, may actually see some exciting open play...
  • Options
    I don't see why either AMB or McG (if he's recovered from concussion) can't play this game. Both could do with extra game time
  • Options
    That side also highlights the imbalance of our squad, when we can rest so many players yet still play Morgan, JFC and Payne.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    they have kept 4 from Saturday I believe. 
  • Options
    im only watching if JFC and Lyle are playing
    Sweet, he’s better in a two up front though alongside his partner Tate 😉

• Options
    Extra time tonight @ForeverAddickted?
  • Options
    Don’t forget it’s AN EARLY KICK OFF @ 7.00pm
  • Options
    Glad Whitaker isn’t playing for them - he’s bloody brilliant 

Really hope the young lads do themselves proud tonight.  I’ll be cheering from home in my lucky onesie
  • Options
    no they have 7 but for some reason didn't come out in my copying across!
  • Options
    Obviuosly they will be clear favourites but will be interesting to see how our youngsters cope. Be great experience for them 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Swisdom said:
    Glad Whitaker isn’t playing for them - he’s bloody brilliant 

Really hope the young lads do themselves proud tonight.  I’ll be cheering from home in my lucky onesie
    On the bench for them