Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Panini Stickers - 2022 World Cup

The new album comes out today. 

I haven’t partaken in this since the 90s but have decided to give it a go for a bit of nostalgia.

Anybody else getting involved?

Comments

• My daughter gave me a freebie Euro 16 album that came with a couple of packs of stickers she'd picked up from a supermarket when she was out with my wife.

I started collecting them but the problem at my age was I didn't have a load of mates I could swap my doubles with (got, got, need, need badly). It ended up costing me a fortune as I resorted to getting all my missing ones off eBay.
  • cafctom said:

I haven’t partaken in this since the 90s but have decided to give it a go for a bit of nostalgia.

I always nearly get drawn in but then bottle it. It's just so expensive 
  • Cool - Who did Southgate pick ? 
  • cafctom said:

I could be tempted, its like crack cocaine this stuff, be warned!
  • edited August 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    Cool - Who did Southgate pick ? 
    Walker | Trippier | Alexander-Arnold | James | Lamptey | Wan-Bissaka | Livramento | Maguire | Mount | Kane
  • edited August 2022
    You can buy a box of 100 packs on ebay for £70/offers, although you cant squeeze the packs hunting for shinies if you do that.
  • It's a long time since I collected these (on behalf of my sons of course) but the last time I did it I was really disappointed with the quality of both the book and the stickers when compared to those of say 50 years ago - I still have them going back that far. Has the quality decreased over the years or am I just being too nostalgic? 
  • Obviously Panini are without doubt the kings of sticker albums, but this will always be the best sticker albums of all time - https://worldsoccertalk.com/2021/07/16/orbis-world-cup-1990-the-greatest-soccer-sticker-album-of-all-time-video/

My completed version is somewhere in my parents' loft. £125 on eBay.
  • Sponsored links:

• I bought the hardback book with 100 packs and a couple of other little bits for about £120.

Its a lot, but probably worthwhile if you know you’ll end up buying that amount along the way anyway 
  • Used to love these, when I cleared out my dads house about 5 years ago I found all my old one's, including the 82, 86 and 90 world cups and a handful of league ones 82-85.

The anticipation as you opened the packets.......

I could well be tempted!

https://www.panini.co.uk/shp_gbr_en/fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-mega-bundle-bundle004286b5100tma-uk02.html
  • MrLargo said:
    Obviously Panini are without doubt the kings of sticker albums, but this will always be the best sticker albums of all time - https://worldsoccertalk.com/2021/07/16/orbis-world-cup-1990-the-greatest-soccer-sticker-album-of-all-time-video/

Was this the one in a folder? If so i loved that as a kid.
  • With money being a bit tighter than normal, sadly I'll be giving these a miss this year. 
  • My daughter gave me a freebie Euro 16 album that came with a couple of packs of stickers she'd picked up from a supermarket when she was out with my wife.

I started collecting them but the problem at my age was I didn't have a load of mates I could swap my doubles with (got, got, need, need badly). It ended up costing me a fortune as I resorted to getting all my missing ones off eBay.
    You mean you had mates when you were younger?

Surprising.
    ;-)
  • Panini have lost the license with uefa to topps going forwards so for the first time in decades they will not do be doing many more after this one. Makes it maybe worth it for one more nostalgic time.
  • MrLargo said:
    Obviously Panini are without doubt the kings of sticker albums, but this will always be the best sticker albums of all time - https://worldsoccertalk.com/2021/07/16/orbis-world-cup-1990-the-greatest-soccer-sticker-album-of-all-time-video/

I always preferred Merlin ones as a kid. Found some of my old ones in my mum's loft recently. 
  • PopIcon said:
    MrLargo said:

Was this the one in a folder? If so i loved that as a kid.
    Yes mate, big ring binder. Sadly the punched holes in the paper don't survive that well in the long term. Completed a couple of Panini Division 1 albums as a youngster, bit this one was the pinnacle of my sticker career.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll never forget my first sticker book in 1978. I just loved the smell of them, the anticipation of getting my next pack, the delight in the morning of finding a pack under my pillow for the 5p put there the night before, going into the local corner shop after school, lying down in the living room to stick them in, gazing wonderingly at the players and badges. Life as a child in the 70s was a wonderful, magical place.
  • Spent quite a bit of time filling in the album today. Bloody hell, it’s addictive. 
  • I bought a full box for the South Africa World Cup and ploughed through the whole lot in one go, which was a mistake. Better to ration it to a pack or two per day. 
  • For anyone with kids who you’re collecting them with.  Huge tip.  

During the euros I bought a box, I rationed my boy to 4 packs per day, BUT, when he was naughty I took some or all 4 packs away for the day, needless to say he was angel for the next month or so.  
  • Better still, one pack by default, more for little jobs, or payment🙂
  • Good to see Wollacott has a sticker. Does anyone know where to buy the hardcover album on its own?
  • edited August 2022
    follett said:
    Good to see Wollacott has a sticker. Does anyone know where to buy the hardcover album on its own?
    This is as good as youl get, great price inc 16 packs, I'm gonna grab one myself

https://www.panini.co.uk/shp_gbr_en/fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-hardcover-album-multi-set-bundle004286kbuk15ah-uk02.html
  • edited August 2022

World Cup 2022: Completing Panini sticker book could cost £883

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62724334
  • The boxes are unavailable on the panini site at the moment, however you can get them on groupon for less than the panini site with free delivery.  

I’ve got a box of 100 packs being delivered today with an album, 6 additional stickers and 5 bonus packs.  Works out roughly 79p a pack as opposed to 90p, recommended if you’re serious about completing.  

This also means if I allow my lad to open two a day I’ve got 53 days of good behaviour.