Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Panini Stickers - 2022 World Cup

Comments

• World Cup 2022: Completing Panini sticker book could cost £883

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62724334
    Worked it out it cost us roughly £400 to complete the euro 2020 book.  
  • edited August 2022
    The boxes are unavailable on the panini site at the moment, however you can get them on groupon for less than the panini site with free delivery.  

I’ve got a box of 100 packs being delivered today with an album, 6 additional stickers and 5 bonus packs.  Works out roughly 79p a pack as opposed to 90p, recommended if you’re serious about completing.  

This also means if I allow my lad to open two a day I’ve got 53 days of good behaviour.  
    Loads on ebay for £70 BIN last time I looked. 
  • I just bought 50 packs on eBay for £37.

That headline about it possibly costing £800+ is so misleading. Shame really, because I like a lot of Kieran Maguire’s output.
  • edited August 2022
    Anyone serious about completing, I’d recommend signing up to Sticker Manager. 

Pretty easy way to swap doubles with other people via post if you don’t know many people personally who are doing the album.
  • shine166 said:
    follett said:
    Good to see Wollacott has a sticker. Does anyone know where to buy the hardcover album on its own?
    This is as good as youl get, great price inc 16 packs, I'm gonna grab one myself

https://www.panini.co.uk/shp_gbr_en/fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-hardcover-album-multi-set-bundle004286kbuk15ah-uk02.html
    Perfect! Last time I checked the only had it in a bundle for over £100, that's much more reasonable
  • The boxes are unavailable on the panini site at the moment, however you can get them on groupon for less than the panini site with free delivery.  

I’ve got a box of 100 packs being delivered today with an album, 6 additional stickers and 5 bonus packs.  Works out roughly 79p a pack as opposed to 90p, recommended if you’re serious about completing.  

This also means if I allow my lad to open two a day I’ve got 53 days of good behaviour.  
    Ebay eventually ends up being pretty good and can sometimes get them around 50p a pack

• Could never have too many football stickers as a lad! (Found this in the loft recently)
  • Last time I did one of these was Brazil 2014, when I had a lot more disposable income! Really good fun for the kids and obviously the big kids amongst us too. Probably managed to complete over half of it, but was only one sticker off completing Italy, which really annoyed me. Won't be doing it this year, but I do occasionally buy my 7yr old the prem league 'adrenalin' cards when we go shopping.  Bit like match attacks, but there is an app linked to the cards where you can play online and earn points to buy digital packs. It's made by panini, but not sure if there is something similar for the WC. My boy loves it, but we've picked up way to many Palace players so far, I have to keep telling him he can't pick them in his squad lol
  • Used to love these but just can’t justify the cost now.  Good luck to those doing it
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Huge moment in our house, the 3 year old stuck his first ever Panini sticker lastnight. 
    I don’t let my 4 year old do it, it plays havoc with my OCD.  
  • shine166 said:
    Huge moment in our house, the 3 year old stuck his first ever Panini sticker lastnight. 
    Hes got a normal book with my swaps, ain't coming near mine 😅. 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Excellent parenting, letting them think they’re in control 👏🏻 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Exactly! Sneaking in some education too and learning flags. 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Won't have a clue what the Italian flag looks like then! 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Won't have a clue what the Italian flag looks like then! 
    Haha nah, he can find it on a globe though.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    We did the same during the euros, he knew the north Macedonia flag before he’d even heard of Brazil or Argentina.
  • My resolve to not buy the stickers is lessening by the day. Has anyone got Jojo Wollacott yet?
  • My resolve to not buy the stickers is lessening by the day. Has anyone got Jojo Wollacott yet?
    No but we’ve got Chris Gunter..
  • World Cup 2022: Completing Panini sticker book could cost £883

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62724334
    Was literally going to post this, this is based on the law of averages. I think its something like £120 if you can be lucky and get every card and no duplicates. Heard this on the radio yesterday, given the cost side of it alone its a no from me... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Had my first set of swaps turn up in the post today. Quite fun to see it in action, and actually quite easy.

No but we’ve got Chris Gunter..
    I'm so so sorry
  • I have Wollacott (plus a double), as well as Gunter and Jonny Williams.

Another ex-Addick is Milos Veljkovic, who plays for Serbia.
  • Gribbo said:

Almost as bad as having Assombalonga on your shirt.  
  • Gribbo said:

He's a bit young to be doing that unsupervised.

• Waste paper bin in the front room?
  • Is it not just a normal bin?
  • He’s from Middlesbrough give him a break 
  • edited November 2022
    JaShea99 said:
    Is it not just a normal bin?
    If it is a normal bin, ie for everything including perishables, in the front room, it's got to be even worse than a bin just for waste paper in the front room