Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: England vs Hungary 4th, Germany 7th, Italy 11th and Hungary 14th June 2022

Thought I’d start a specific match thread for Englands 4 Nations League games rather than just fill up the Nations League thread.

Comments

• Not a bad side... Bowen and Justin are going to be the main names to keep an eye on.

Didnt realise that Trippier had been called up, nor that he was back from his Newcastle injury
  • No one never, ever criticise CharltonTV again.

This build up is excruciating.

Opening questions about what Southgate is wearing FFS. Talk about undermining women presenters. 

Then some crap drawing  competition. They're footballers and this isn't Red Nose day.

And yes I have a mute button and I've used it.
  • What Channel is this on please?
  • Rudders22 said:
    What Channel is this on please?
    Channel 4
  • 4 - all England’s games for the next 2 years (Nations League and Qualifiers) will be free to air.
  • Cheers Guys
  • Not a bad side... Bowen and Justin are going to be the main names to keep an eye on.

Didnt realise that Trippier had been called up, nor that he was back from his Newcastle injury
    He’ll be up against Loic Nego.

He’ll be up against Loic Nego.
    Christ keep forgetting that he represents Hungary now.

Hope we're a bit more careful when he breaks into the box today
  • I can not stand Trent. He looked like a corpse during the anthems. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a ball from Nego, the former Charlton star 
  • This Justin looks a fish out of water 
  • Hopefully it’s nerves for Justin. Looks a bit out of place 
  • edited June 2022
    What a ball from Nego, the former Charlton star 
    Disgrace that solly kept him out of the team. Nego was twice the player
  • I like the look of Bowen in an England shirt. Lots of energy and confidence.
  • Bowen looking pretty lively so far
    He was asked last week about Liverpool fans booing the national anthem.

“It’s the city, as a whole, not just Liverpool fans. They remember what the city’s been through and how Liverpool feels regarding the establishment and how we’ve been treated over the years. It’s that feeling of being let down by people in charge and that we haven’t been treated justly.”

So he's not likely to be singing it any time soon.
  • CH 4 opening of the game was fucking awful, dress code, drawings really?? However commentary is quite good!

“It’s the city, as a whole, not just Liverpool fans. They remember what the city’s been through and how Liverpool feels regarding the establishment and how we’ve been treated over the years. It’s that feeling of being let down by people in charge and that we haven’t been treated justly.”

Why make himself available for selection then? 
  • edited June 2022
    Nego is a Hungarian legend.

His first words of English to his team mates at Charlton were: my name is Loic Nego and not full back !
    Heard that from Morgan Fox.

Has scored 30 goals from 200 games for his Latest Hungarian side. Nego not Fox !
  • Sponsored links:

Why make himself available for selection then? 
    He's a footballer playing football. Doesn't mean he has to like the powers that be.
  • What a goal that would've been for hungary

Is this a recent phenomenon as I don't recall any other Liverpool born players refusing to sing the national anthem? Gerrard/Rooney/McManaman/Fowler springing immediately to mind..
  • Needs a Conor Gallagher this. I like Bellingham but he’s struggled a bit here.
  • Bellingham having a stinker 
  • I thought we started fairly brightly first 10 minutes but we've been terrible since
  • Nego crossing has been ridiculous 

Is this a recent phenomenon as I don't recall any other Liverpool born players refusing to sing the national anthem? Gerrard/Rooney/McManaman/Fowler springing immediately to mind..
    Probably doesnt help that there was the Hillsborough Report which cant have been too many years ago - That finally shed a bit of light on to what happened.
  • These are great warm up games tho. This will basically be how our group games are. Let’s see what happens when they run out of gas.
  • edited June 2022
    Given our recent games against Hungary... I'm glad we didnt come up against them @ Euro 2020