Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: England vs Hungary 4th, Germany 7th, Italy 11th and Hungary 14th June 2022

Comments

• Options
    Mason Mount really frustrates me. People talk about how talented he is and I agree he’s skillful and talented - in fact I feel like he should be one of those names where everyone is happy he’s in the team - but I now always feel underwhelmed by his inclusion because he never seems to do anything exciting or even just anything all that positive. I’d far prefer Grealish, Saka or Sterling as an attacking option.
  • Options
    Pretty poor since the first 15m. 
  • Options
    I’m not watching.  Out of curiosity, who have C4 got in commentary duty?  Not Mattersmug surely?
  • Options
    I’m not watching.  Out of curiosity, who have C4 got in commentary duty?  Not Mattersmug surely?
    Steve Bower and Rob Green
  • Options
    Steve Bower and Rob Green
    Cheers👍
  • Options
    Very similar to the qualifier against them. They’re well organised but hopefully after 60 mins we can find the gaps.
  • Options
    This is where we miss Luke Shaw. If England were on it then a player like Shaw would attack and Nego would be in his own half, not in open space and putting in superb crosses. Justin James is the new kid on the block and looks a tad nervous. England haven't got hold of this game and Hungary won on points that 1st half.
  • Options
    This Channel 4 coverage is shit 
  • Options
    Oh ffs.
    Why do tv people keep employing Michael Owen?
    Monotonous, boring, captain obvious.
  • Options
    Michael Owen, the personality vacuum, oozing charisma there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some budget channel 4 got 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Saka comes on to get behind Nego and force him back.
  • Options
    Oh ffs.
    Why do tv people keep employing Michael Owen?
    Monotonous, boring, captain obvious.
    As soon as you get past about 30 caps for England, you're basically guaranteed a TV job, unless you're a Gazza type with too much baggage.

Doesn't matter how boring you are, how many inane comments you make, or how many other journalist types would have a lot more interesting things to say.

See Ashley Cole, Steve McManaman etc.
  • Options
    CH 4 opening of the game was fucking awful, dress code, drawings really?? However commentary is quite good!
    Steve Bower is a regular Match of the Day commentator, albeit the one who gets Southampton vs Palace rather than Liverpool vs United!
  • Options
    Feel asleep for the last 20 of the half. Overdone the lemon drizzle cake and Victoria sponge. 
    Nothing to with he 15 cans of Stella boss?  😉
  • Options
    Typical Southgate performance this. 
  • Options
    Look a bit tired and lethargic. Just make 3 changes 
  • Options
    There ya go lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hahahaha that’s a disgrace
  • Options
    Deserved goal tbf they been the better side second half
  • Options
    Deserved goal tbf they been the better side second half
    Been the better side for most of the game - Have we forced their Goalkeeper into a proper save?
  • Options
    That's never a penalty, might wake us up though.
  • Options
    We will be alright as VAR is there to overturn ridiculous refereeing errors .....
  • Options
    Fell asleep 20mins in. Woke up just as they scored.
  • Options
    How's that Hungarian missed that?!
  • Options
    England poor, piss poor miss by Hungary
  • Options
    England started off slowly and now we are falling away. The players look like they just want a holiday.