Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys of Summer 2022

The thread that wasn't going to happen.

But the lockout is over so the Cards 2022 World Series run starts here.

Comments

• Can’t wait. So excited for April 7th. Let’s go White Sox. 
  • Carlos Rodon signs with the Giants. So glad the White Sox didn't extend him a Qualifying Offer or they'd have a draft pick right now.

He'll probably only throw 100-120 innings but at $22m/year and that rotation's depth it will probably work out okay for them.
  • A repeat of this would be nice, plus a little bit more!

• Designated hitters in the National League. 

Games gone.

But would be ideal for Albert to come back and play one last season for the Cards
  • A repeat of this would be nice, plus a little bit more!

Agreed! 
  • Sorry but as a Dodgers fan I can't have that, although we did of course won the NLDS against the Giants last season. Should be another good close race in the NL West.
  • Go Yankess,!!! going to a couple games early August.
  • Bilko said:
    Go Yankess,!!! going to a couple games early August.
    Go Red Sox more like! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Designated hitters in the National League. 

Sad day
  • Agreed. As a traditionalist and supporter of an NL team sorry to see this, but always likely to happen sooner or later.
  • Season opener tomorrow!

Who’s your money on for the WS this year?
    Braves to defend the title? 
    Or maybe serial contenders The Astros or The Dodgers get it done this year? (There hasn’t been a WS that hasn’t involved one of these two teams since 2016, but they’ve only had one win each)
    Some other contenders: Blue Jays, Mets and Cards look decent to me.
    Some are saying The Rays or White Sox could have a good year too.
    Seems there’s not a lot of confidence about the Yankees or RedSox at the moment, but either of those are capable of pulling a good season out the bag.
    The rest of the field seems a bit of a long shot, but the Brewers might have another good year and I have a feeling either the Padres or the Giants (or both?) might be closer to the Dodgers than people think. Maybe the Angels might have something to say about the Astros winning the AL West too.

Some usual suspects, but a real possibility of a very open season.
    Looking forward to it.
    LET’S PLAY BALLLLL!
    😎⚾️

Or maybe serial contenders The Astros or The Dodgers get it done this year? (There hasn’t been a WS that hasn’t involved one of these two teams since 2016, but they’ve only had one win each)
    Seems there’s not a lot of confidence about the Yankees or RedSox at the moment, but either of those are capable of pulling a good season out the bag.
    The rest of the field seems a bit of a long shot, but the Brewers might have another good year and I have a feeling either the Padres or the Giants (or both?) might be closer to the Dodgers than people think. Maybe the Angels might have something to say about the Astros winning the AL West too.

Looking forward to it.
    LET’S PLAY BALLLLL!
    😎⚾️

Red Sox simply don’t have the pitching this year…. They will lose a tonne of games 11-10 though as their line up is stacked!

Think Blue Jays look strong.

Looking forward to it.
    LET’S PLAY BALLLLL!
    😎⚾️

Have you been to a Nats game (sorry, I'm assuming you're still in the DC area)? If not, I hight recommend it.

Also, Nats have one of the coolest jerseys I've seen in years. 

White Sox will be good again this year but they're not going to win anything. La Russa is too old and art in his ways, starting pitching is too thin, and after losing Crochet so TJ they're one bullpen injury away from being light there as well.

The Tigers and Twins also both got better in the offseason so the AL Central won't be the cakewalk it was last year. 

It does feel like this year there are a lot of teams that could be really good hut who also have weaknesses. I could make a case for the Dodgers, Brewers, Braves, Rays, Jays, and Astros winning it. 

My heart says Jays but my head says they're probably a year away and that it will be the Dodgers. I really have no idea. I had resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't have baseball until June with the lockout so I'm just happy baseball is back and the White Sox have a good, fun, young, and incredibly likeable team. I'm going to try and see at least some of their games in San Diego, Seattle, LA, maybe San Francisco, and Oakland. I think I'll be in Florida for work when they're in San Francisco unfortunately.

My family met up in Oakland in September (where my brother and his fiance live) and we went to the White Sox vs A's games. Baseball is such a great live sport. It's so lovely. 

First picture is my family, second is my dad and I keeping score. 

• edited April 2022
    I just looked it up and the White Sox will be in LA (where I grew up and where my parents live) and SF the week I'm probably going to be at a work conference in Orlando. Gutted. I was really looking forward to going to that "new" Giants park. I've been there for a Footy match but I don't think I've ever been for baseball. It is also, as my soon to be sister in law just reminded me, two weeks before their wedding so probably won't be making that. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Have you been to a Nats game (sorry, I'm assuming you're still in the DC area)? If not, I highly recommend it.
    I’m no longer stateside, but yes, while there I did go to a few Nats games. The atmosphere in town was incredible when they won the WS in 2019.
    You’re right about baseball being a lovely live sport. The atmosphere and uniqueness of it all means there’s even enough to entertain the non-sports fans in a group.
    We went to games in DC, Boston, Pittsburgh and Toronto while on your side of the pond (and a few years ago I went to Wrigley, Fenway and the old Shea stadium while on holiday.)
    I’ve got to say, PNC in Pittsburgh is the best baseball stadium I’ve been to, for atmosphere, aesthetics and view (and also because we saw the benches clear for a punch-up on field AND my daughter got on the Jumbotron! 😂 That’s her on top right of screen!)

• I’ve just found out that the game I attended at PNC park was exactly 3 years ago - because it’s just popped up as a memory on my Facebook feed!
    Weird! 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Day off work today so heading to the Brewer game, noon start. Nothing better than some afternoon baseball
  • Sixth time in MLB history, a no hit win a couple of days ago. 
  • And they hit a grand slam in the same game ⚾️ 
  • edited May 2022
    Macronate said:
    And they hit a grand slam in the same game ⚾️ 
    1, 2, 3 & 4. Had to complete the set 😉

Alvarez HR
    Tucker HR, 2 RBI
    Pena HR
    Brantley HR, 3 RBI
    Gurriel HR, 2 RBI
    &
    Tucker HR, 4 RBI

Go ‘stros!
  • Macronate said:
    And they hit a grand slam in the same game ⚾️ 
    1, 2, 3 & 4. Had to complete the set 😉

Alvarez HR
    Tucker HR, 2 RBI
    Pena HR
    Brantley HR, 3 RBI
    Gurriel HR, 2 RBI
    &
    Tucker HR, 4 RBI

Go ‘stros!
    Did they win?
  • Being a Red Sox and Charlton fan at the moment is pretty fucking brutal!
  • edited May 2022
    First Super Albert pitches the 9th in a drubbing of the Giants.
    Now Yadi pitches the 9th in a shellacking of the Pirates.
    Cards have been hot and cold this year but have it in them, with a mix of 3 retiring-Greats, 2 hitting stars at the peaks and a host of young talent, for a memorable year.
    COYRedbirds.
  • The Giants had a bit of a stumble, but have just swept the Dodgers and have won 4 in a row!
    Signs of a resurgence?