Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Minutes Actually Watching - Charlton v Oxford

Interested to know if anyone who attended today spent less time watching than I did.  I finished a flat beer about 11 minutes into the first half, then left for a beer after the second goal on 33 mins, a record personal low of 22 minutes before I made my way back local, can anyone beat it??

Comments

• Interested to know if anyone who attended today spent less time watching than I did.  I finished a flat beer about 11 minutes into the first half, then left for a beer after the second goal on 33 mins, a record personal low of 22 minutes before I made my way back local, can anyone beat it??
    Watched 1st half.
    Was at the Station at 4.30.

• left after 3rd goal - street was heaving 
  • Left at 3-0 - unusual for me, but it was unwatchable. 
  • I noticed the Oxford player 9 do down 'injured' after 10 minutes. 

Every man jack Oxford player ran to the bench for instruction whilst the Oxford physio team dutifully ignored their patient.  I know it goes on, but this was a bit blatant imo and the ref was conned yet again.

I don't know if you noticed or not, but we all went over to Jacko and Jason, thing is Gobbo had a plan B,...we just concentrated on the water bottles..
  • Was going to go but was persuaded by my wife to meet her brother and his wife in Greenwich. We went to see the painted hall in the Old Naval Hospital. Absolutely fantastic thing to see. Started out being pissed off at not going to football but ended up so pleased to (a) see this and (b) to miss the football.
  • Went for PSA test, looked up the team list and buggered off home.
  • Sponsored links:

• The guy who sits next to me comes in at 20 minutes, leaves at 35, then doesn’t return until 70 minutes every week without fail. Except for today, when he was there for kick off and came back almost on time for the second half to see the horror unfold. And that is why you stay at the bar 
  • About the moment it left the Oxford players foot for the third
  • Interested to know if anyone who attended today spent less time watching than I did.  I finished a flat beer about 11 minutes into the first half, then left for a beer after the second goal on 33 mins, a record personal low of 22 minutes before I made my way back local, can anyone beat it??
    You must have been in my row. Never had to move so many times during a game to let people in & out. 

Can't stand it. One if these days I'm going to refuse to let people past. A half of football is 45 min long Are you that much of an alcoholic that you cant spend 45 mins without supping a pint ? Or if it's your bladder then go see a GP.......or don't drink 3 beers before a match. 

Rant over  !!!

Yeah good luck with that mate.
  • I noticed the Oxford player 9 do down 'injured' after 10 minutes. 

Every man jack Oxford player ran to the bench for instruction whilst the Oxford physio team dutifully ignored their patient.  I know it goes on, but this was a bit blatant imo and the ref was conned yet again.

All teams do it. If we are somehow winning a game with minutes to go, Jason Pearce will have one of his customary injury collapses. Indeed I was watching a non league game a few weeks ago where I heard the home manager telling his keeper to have an injury, to break the momentum of the match!
  • Hands up anyone who left after 5-1 down, only to wish perhaps they should have stayed?
    Deserves more lols
  • Sponsored links:

You must have been in my row. Never had to move so many times during a game to let people in & out. 

Can't stand it. One if these days I'm going to refuse to let people past. A half of football is 45 min long Are you that much of an alcoholic that you cant spend 45 mins without supping a pint ? Or if it's your bladder then go see a GP.......or don't drink 3 beers before a match. 

Rant over  !!!

Not being funny, but how can you expect people to watch that shit without having had a good drink before hand? 
  • Everyone gets a "like" in this thread.  You are my heroes for even considering going today!
  • Got there 5mins late. Left at sending off. If on my own would have left on the second goal.
  • edited February 2022
    For the record I got to my seat 20 mins before kick off & left after the final whistle. Waited to boo the players off & I was especially waiting for Jacko to come over but he was conspicous by his absence. No fist pumps from him today I see.......

Managers & players are all for the adoration when its going their way, but when its not they are all too quick to hide.
  • I didn’t hear any booos as the players left the pitch 
    a few on the final whistle 
    I was pissed had 2 pints so maybe I mistook the boos for clapping 

Robinson fist pumped with the Oxford fans oooerrrr 
  • Stayed til the bitter end but left sharpish.

who did the tunnel jump? 

:-) 
    Karl Robinson 
    Did the West Stand roof wobble like Spurs new place?
  • I wanted to leave but my don’t leave before the end just in case you miss something philosophy stopped me. I didn’t miss anything!!!

• Went for a drink on 35 minutes, and stayed downstairs.
    @clb74 showed me the trains were running okay so left with her.
  • How long before they announce 21,000 to an empty stadium?