Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Minutes Actually Watching - Charlton v Oxford

Comments

• Interested to know if anyone who attended today spent less time watching than I did.  I finished a flat beer about 11 minutes into the first half, then left for a beer after the second goal on 33 mins, a record personal low of 22 minutes before I made my way back local, can anyone beat it??
    Tbh 22 minutes is pretty impressive.

• Left on 80 minutes - first time I have ever left before final whistle - many many others had done the same - Harvey Gardens was heaving with early leavers

Prob gonna swerve Tuesday - can’t see anything other than a defeat against MK
  • 3 of us met in the Rad just after 12.
    At about 2.30 we decided to just stay and carry on drinking and give the game a miss.
    It was the correct decision apart from a hangover this morning. 
    Oh and two of us are going to Sheff wed next Saturday so it says a lot about how shit we are at the moment that we decided to give yesterday a swerve. 
  • clb74 said:
    Interested to know if anyone who attended today spent less time watching than I did.  I finished a flat beer about 11 minutes into the first half, then left for a beer after the second goal on 33 mins, a record personal low of 22 minutes before I made my way back local, can anyone beat it??
    Tbh 22 minutes is pretty impressive.

I’m a fan that used to laugh at those who leave early to beat traffic or catch a train, so for me to leave as early as I did is fitting to how bad things are.
  • Managed to make it to 0-2 before heading to the bar. Was ducssing how early we'd be leaving at half time, which is shocking really! Back in my seat for ko, witnessed the third goal and was about to leave, then Clare got himself sent off and that was it for me. Off back to the pub. 
  • Those of you who have never left before the final whistle kind of have my respect, in the same way I respect competition eaters. 

That yesterday wasn't close to being the worst performance farted out by a Charlton team. We were a million times worse under any of the shills shitarse employed and going back to Pardew there were some absolute stinking wet shits laid on the pitch 

There is a liberation from getting more and more wound up from the time the team is announced, to seeing the opposition have an ex player of ours starting, to enjoying the chat and beer with mates in the pub, to light drizzle, low winter sun, a big crowd full of plastics who don't know where their seat is or what stand they are meant to be in, who are up and down like fucking yo-yos, to a depressingly low and sparse crowd. All of these have made me either sack the game off completely and stay boozing, to sack the first half off early and drink watching us capitulate on a screen with a rancid pint of whatever is being pissed out of the concourse bars, to leaving and getting the train home whilst enjoying a 4 pack of red-stripe and a kebab 

I'm far from a plastic fan and have sat out my share of awful games and in fairness until they scored we were playing magnificently but crucially too many players then gave up so I forgive any of you who binned it off and welcome you to the 23 minute drinkers club 
  • edited February 2022
    I wanted to leave but my don’t leave before the end just in case you miss something philosophy stopped me. I didn’t miss anything!!!

I went on 67 mins. I didn't miss anything apart from more freebies continually walking up and down in front of me, another very good Oxford goal, presumably more passing it around at the back with nothing to aim at from Charlton and queues for the station with tons of understandably boisterous Oxford fans. 
  • I never leave a game early. Ever.

Never know what you might miss.......

Players fighting each other (Hales/Flannigan)

A worldy that is talked about forever 

But mainly so I can show my displeasure by booing etc.
  • edited February 2022
    Normally get the 17:06 to London Bridge. 
    Caught the 16:50 yesterday. 
    Left the match at 16:40. First time I’ve left more than a minute or two early.
  • on the rare occasions that I fancy a beer, I go to a pub .. might seem eccentric, when I go to a football match, I watch the game
  • Sponsored links:

• I never leave a game early. Ever.

Never know what you might miss.......

Players fighting each other (Hales/Flannigan)

A worldy that is talked about forever 

But mainly so I can show my displeasure by booing etc.
    You enjoy booing - well who could have imagined that !!!
  • I left when the 3rd went in.
    It's the earliest I've ever left voluntarily.
    I decided visiting the wife in hospital would be more fun.
  • Been a supporter for 55 years and never left a ground before the final whistle. Seen some dire games in rain and snow long before seats and roofs on stands but still stay to the end.
  • I never leave early unless it's an absolute necessity, on Saturday I had work at 6 and it's a 50 minute journey from The Valley, so usually enough time as long as I'm sharp off the mark, but Saturday I was off when the fourth went in
  • Left on 75....partly due to the train situation as it took me 3 hours from Basingstoke to get there, and partly due to the game...
  • I didn't go Saturday, really didn't fancy it and Fridays storm gave me an easy excuse to do something else like clear up the garden.
    Many years back I tried to leave the Brighton ground at half time, we losing 5-0. The police wouldn't let me leave.
    Nowadays I leave when I've had enough regardless of the time on the clock. The pub is more inviting and warmer.
    I pay to be entertained not tortured.
  • Wasn't there thank god and decided to work.

Earliest I've ever left is when we were 3-0 down at half time against Barnsley I think from memory.
  • I was told I looked 'very lonely' huddled there behind the goal after the full-time whistle
  • Stayed to the end.  Only ever left before the end 3 times

Millwall at Upton Park - 15 minutes before the end
    Wolves FA Cup 98 - 3 down and wasn't prepared to miss the train home after an awful night
    Middlesboro - protest on 70 minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Why were people clapping Clare as he walked off? Embarrassing 
  • Been a supporter for 55 years and never left a ground before the final whistle. Seen some dire games in rain and snow long before seats and roofs on stands but still stay to the end.
    But did you go to the game?
  • Said to my boy that we'd leave if it went 3-0 as we might as well beat the traffic,it went 3-0 but so many left,we stayed until the end as the traffic would've been shite😂
    But did you go to the game?
    No, didn’t go last Saturday, I was commenting generally 
  • Like Wigan, I decided a good nights sleep was more important, so I went to bed knowing Id wake up to disappointment.
  • Embarassed by the team's performance and also mine in the number of minutes having watched it.
  • I stayed until the end. If nothing else I got to see Campbell's debut, so when he's knocking them in for Chelsea/Arsenal/Palace/Accrington in the Premier League, I can say that I saw his debut and immediately spotted his potential.
  • edited February 2022
  • I stayed to the end convinced I was going to witness the modern equivalent of the Charlton v Huddersfield 7v6 game.
  • I was actively working on trying to leave at 2-0, but the son wouldn't have it, but agreed to 3-0. Which to his credit he was out of the family stand quicker then I could get up. He's learning, 3 and out is the way forward.