Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    Never seen Moeen so relaxed in talking about cricket

• Options
    Bangladesh are 3-1 chasing a target of 40.
  • Options
    Toss and start of play in Sydney delayed by 30 mins.
  • Options
    Australia win the toss and elect to bat
  • Options
    Australia win the toss and elect to bat
    Don't mind that. At least I won't see an England batting collapse before I go to bed
  • Options
    Bangladesh 34-2
  • Options
    If Bangladesh can beat NZ, surely England can beat Australia...
  • Options
    They're going off for rain in Sydney.

8-0 after 4.3 overs.
  • Options
    Surprising they don't have English style covers that can be wheeled on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rain stops play

I knew that clubs in Australia don't have English style covers but it almost seems primitive to see hessian and plastic sheeting being employed at even the highest level of cricket down under. That said, the grounds people are incredibly efficient in getting them down - almost the speed of a Formula 1 tyre change 
  • Options
    Covers start coming off and then it starts raining again.
  • Options
    And there out again. Would like to see Anderson tempt Harris and Warner - he's not making them play
  • Options
    Anderson also has a somewhat dodgy haircut. When in Australia.................
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Off for rain again. 

That's it for me for tonight, I'm off to bed. I thought I might get to see 2 hours of play.....but no.  Supposed to start at 11.30, but rain delays the start until midnight. Then off for 30 mins after just 4 and a half overs & back out again after a 30 min delay.....only to go back in again 35 mins later. 50 mins play for the morning session. 

This is in Australia. I thought it only rained in Manchester.......
  • Options
    Off for rain again. 

That's it for me fir tonight. Supposed to start at 11.30, but rain delays the start until midnight. Then off for 30 mins after just 4 and a half overs & back out again after a 30 min delay.....only to go back in again 35 mins later. 

This is in Australia. I thought it only rained in Manchester.......
    I'm giving up as well!
  • Options
    Lunch served 6 mins early
  • Options
    54-1 during another rain break.

Broad had Warner caught in the slips from around the wicket just a few balls before the most recent interruption. Good to see Broad still terrorising him.
  • Options
    The bowling doesn't appear to have been great.

18 extras in less than 30 overs.
  • Options
    Woke up hoping to catch the last hour. 2.3 overs and off fit rain and that's stumps...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    Green has been immense, always think something will happen when he comes on

Although that statement isn't so spectacular when we lose a wicket every other over
    mentioned before the series that green would be a big player for australia, think i got some lols at the time - firmly think he's going to be their talisman all rounder in the future. 
  • Options
    Ruddy English weather.
  • Options
    If we can get Smith cheaply in the first spell tomorrow, I will take that as a win. Getting their top three all out for less than 50 is already an achievement in itself!
  • Options
    when i saw the close of play score, I thought we must have been bowled out for 150 
  • Options
    So, on reflection, who won day one?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Considering how flat it looked, i'd say England. But its moot as we won't get anywhere near 200 when we bat
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I'd say pretty even.
    Maybe England just shade it , but only just 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I'd say pretty even.
    Maybe England just shade it , but only just 
    This is what I think
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The bars and caterers at the SCG who raked it in when people were waiting for play to resume!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The bars and caterers at the SCG who raked it in when people were waiting for play to resume!
    said on the radio the ground was sparsely populated