Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone that applied in the Oval ballot for England 2022 games heard anything yet?
    Website says entrants will be informed shortly.
    Ballot closed 12th November.
    I was informed on the 19th November and bought tickets that month

The Lord's ballot is still open
  • Options
    Has anyone that applied in the Oval ballot for England 2022 games heard anything yet?

Bloody hell. My mate and I applied and neither of us heard anything.
  • Options

Not heard re oval here either. 
  • Options
    More stats to astonish us .. thank you M Atherton in the Times .. 

since Joe Root's debut in 2012 none of the 24 batsman/wks selected for test matches to bat from nos 1 to 7 averages more than 38 per innings .. the one with the highest/best average of the 24 will probably surprise you.

In the 2021 County Championship, only 1 batsman in the top 10 run scorers made the Ashes squad ((bit deceptive as, of course, most of the (so called) top players were centrally contracted and/ or played a lot of one day cricket and very little cc cricket ))
    .. that batsman was the 10th highest scorer with 861 c c runs, Ollie Pope

• Options

It was all done in November, I'm surprised they didn't send a rejection email

By the time I bought mine, the first 3 days had sold out already
  • Options

Not heard re oval here either. 
    Miscommunication here. We haven’t heard but then we didn’t enter. That’d be why. 

Tickets will become available before the match so don’t think you have no hope of going. They’ll have held loads back for packages, hospitality, restricted view etc. 
  • Options
    Am I missing something?   Australia 5/4 on Skybet to with the fourth test.  I thought they would be about 2/9 or some such.  The SB fiver has been duly laid. 
  • Options
    Am I missing something?   Australia 5/4 on Skybet to with the fourth test.  I thought they would be about 2/9 or some such.  The SB fiver has been duly laid. 
    Have you checked the weather forecast?
  • Options
    Have you checked the weather forecast?

But they might only need two days play in total

I actually expect us to do better and them to take their foot off the gas. We will then hear from Root, the England management and the ECB saying that we're not as bad as people think we are and that there's no need to change anything in the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Khawaja for Head the only change for the 4th Test for Australia so no Hazlewood or Richardson
  • Options
    Sydney:

Australia XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland

England XI: Haseeb Hameed, Zak Crawley, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, Jimmy Anderson

• Options
    lol why have we dropped robinson?
  • Options
    lol why have we dropped robinson?
    Shoulder injury. Not sustained due to carrying the entire bowling attack!
  • Options
    Sydney:

Australia XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland

England XI: Haseeb Hameed, Zak Crawley, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, Jimmy Anderson

Looking at those two teams, I reckon, on current form, only Root, Anderson and Stokes would get in their side and the latter is probably a questionable one 
  • Options
    Jhye Richardson gets 5-42 in the second innings of the 2nd Test, and hasn't played since![
  • Options
    Like the infamous Adil Rashid one!

Anyway, should be a thriller tomorrow. Might watch it. Bangladesh have been absolutely pathetic for a few years and Pakistan made incredible mincemeat of them just a month ago so to win away in NZ would be astonishing
  • Options
    Draw is now shorter than 1/2... Aussies 11/4. That seems mad to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sydney:

Looking at those two teams, I reckon, on current form, only Root, Anderson and Stokes would get in their side and the latter is probably a questionable one 
    Agree I think Root and Anderson for Khawaja and Boland are the only certainties there. Stokes v Green and Buttler/Bairstow v Carey are toss ups.
  • Options
    Alex Carey absolutely walks into the England side, lol
  • Options
    Sydney:

Agree I think Root and Anderson for Khawaja and Boland are the only certainties there. Stokes v Green and Buttler/Bairstow v Carey are toss ups.
    Green's bowling has been a revelation this series. 

Anderson gets ahead of Boland, but not Hazlewood in Aussie conditions...
  • Options
    Green has been immense, always think something will happen when he comes on

Although that statement isn't so spectacular when we lose a wicket every other over
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Leuth said:
    Does he? Decent short form player but not exactly stellar with the bat thus far (19.4 average) and I can recount a couple of slip ups with the gloves too.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Does he? Decent short form player but not exactly stellar with the bat thus far (19.4 average) and I can recount a couple of slip ups with the gloves too.
    His keeping has been better than Buttler's though
  • Options
    Looks like constant rain for 4 of the next 5 days 
  • Options
    NZ 160-8, only 30 ahead of Bangladesh on day 5
  • Options
    Matt Smith (the BT presenter not Dr Who actor or hundreds of footballers by that name) is a very good link man. He's had to temporarily suspend deliver groceries for Tesco which is just as well because last night he was covering the Grimsby/Halifax game and notionally has five days presenting the Ashes!