Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Got all excited when I saw this come up tonight during the England game, as I love to see the ‘minnows’ against the big teams, then I realised Charltons in it!

Not sure whether we’re one of the minnows or not, so whose it going to be, who do you want us to draw?

Comments

• I thought I was seeing things when it got advertised

Why do ITV have it as thought the BBC had the coverage, they've certainly been showing the Qualifying Rounds
  • The road to Wembley starts here….

• ITV bigging up the 1st round draw!
  • It’s shared between ITV and BBC this season.

new 4 year deal starts this season. No longer on BT
    That's really good news.
  • There are 8 eighth tier (step four) teams left in the last round of qualifying...

Marine AFC
    Marske Utd
    Pontefract Collieries
    Stamford AFC
    Bedfont Sports
    AFC Sudbury
    Hastings Utd
    Chertsey Town
    Hastings would be an unreal draw. Zero idea how they would manage to make the ground suitable for the size of us coming down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel a 2-1 loss to Chertsey Town
  • Chertsey have to get past Southend yet ...  How about Dartford or Bromley?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/scores-fixtures

• Really don't want to think again about who Charlton might exit against before Palace and Millwall even enter the competition. 
  • edited October 2021
    Bound to get another League 1 team......and probably 1 we have just played or about to play. Away.

My money is on either Accrington or Rotherham. 
  • Or it'll be home to a dull L2 team, like Northampton or Swindon that we've played plenty of times in recent years anyway
  • If Ebbsfleet go through them at home.
  • Sutton Utd or someone like Harrogate or Barrow
  • edited October 2021
    There are 8 eighth tier (step four) teams left in the last round of qualifying...

Marine AFC
    Marske Utd
    Pontefract Collieries
    Stamford AFC
    Bedfont Sports
    AFC Sudbury
    Hastings Utd
    Chertsey Town
    Hastings would be an unreal draw. Zero idea how they would manage to make the ground suitable for the size of us coming down there.
    Hastings are away at Maidenhead of the National League so would be a decent upset if they can get through to round 1 but with both Maidenhead and Southend struggling to get going this season, you can't rule out anything for Hastings and Chertsey.

Maidenhead Utd (5) v Hastings Utd (8)
    Southend Utd (5) v Chertsey Town (8)
    AFC Sudbury (8) v Dartford (6)
    Bedfont Sports (8) v Kidderminster Harriers (6)
    Stockport County (5) v Stamford AFC (8)
    Pontefract Collieries (8) v Halifax Town (5)
    Marske Utd (8) v Gateshead (6)
    Marine AFC (8) v Wrexham (5)

• Sponsored links:

• If it was Hastings away,cant see it happening no segregation etc.The grounds just up the road from me would love it though.
    Dont want all those Sarf London Herberts around Hastings at the weekend.
  • edited October 2021
    An away game with a 13.00 kick off on a Sunday where the choo choos are f*****.
    A bit like Mansfield a few seasons back.
  • When we won it Charlton was a First division club and more First division clubs than PL clubs have won it so the odds are in our favour before we start…
  • The winner of the Halifax Town Pontefract match would be good...... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The winner of the Halifax Town Pontefract match would be good...... 
    better than the team they beat, clearly…
  • Looking out for who Rotherham and Burton draw to see if we can play them on second round day should one of them get knocked out. 

Also want Crewe out as we have them away on 3rd round day. 

Obviously resigned to our usual early exit. 
  • Looking out for who Rotherham and Burton draw to see if we can play them on second round day should one of them get knocked out. 

Also want Crewe out as we have them away on 3rd round day. 

Obviously resigned to our usual early exit. 
    Rotherham game already rescheduled, https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/615d6ae9f3d84/fixture-against-rotherham-rearranged-for-november-2nd
  • Well at least we don’t have to worry when the 2nd round draw is. No doubt will rest players as usual just in case the team is getting any momentum going.