Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• How tall is he?
  • How tall is he?
    5’10” 🙁😬
  • Great news if he's fit.
  • This is the guy that broke his leg in a car crash - not clear how much it affected him.
  • 18/19 months since his last pro game, how long will it take him to get match fit.

Not moaning as we needed a left back as cover for Purrington but genuine question, after that long without a pro game how long would it take to get match fit, obviously he has been training but managers always say there is a big difference between training and being match ready u need games for that
  • Not played much football in the past five years.  I'll reserve judgement.
  • Ex Palace.
    A black mark.
  • Sponsored links:

• We must be confident as he's allegedly been training  with us a couple of weeks.
  • Odd career, even before the crash. That put him out for an entire year. 

• A much needed LB BUT he's not played for ages - why didn't he play a single game last season?

We need international clearance too, how does that work, and how long will it take?
  • Great news, Good Luck Pape.
  • If he's any good and fit you'd expect him to start Saturday yes after trialling with us for so long? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Said said they other day watched him in a in-house match, made some decent tackles, how match fit he is who knows ?
  • Considering the good business we ended up doing in the summer window, I trust Adkins and Gallen to know if he’s the right fit for the squad and club. Look forward to seeing him play. 
  • Got pedigree but never fulfilled his potential it would seem. The sort of gamble that could massively pay off tho a la arter.
  • Oggy Red said:
    18/19 months since his last pro game, how long will it take him to get match fit.

Not moaning as we needed a left back as cover for Purrington but genuine question, after that long without a pro game how long would it take to get match fit, obviously he has been training but managers always say there is a big difference between training and being match ready u need games for that
    He's recently done a pre-season at Palace, I believe.

And he's been at least a week on trial at Sparrows Lane.
    Played in full-on training games with the 1st team squad.

Passed his medical.
    The management team must have liked what they've seen.
    Costs nothing is what they like 
  • Loves a party around his gaff by all accounts!
  • Think this is another gamble abit like CBT but another who should / will want to prove themselves something the management wanted
  • Obviously hasn't played for a while, but i'll look past the stats and put my trust in the guys who've been watching him train for the past few weeks.

We clearly haven't rushed into signing a left back so i doubt they'd have signed this one if they weren't sure. 
  • I should think Purrington is close to a return and Pape will play in that silly cup and perhaps some game time with the youngsters until he is more up to speed. If Purrington is not ready to start Saturday I would expect it to be Gunter continuing.