Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pape Souaré - signed by Morecambe (p9)

Comments

• @Grapevine49 took the words right out of my mouth 

Was it while he was kissing you?
    https://youtu.be/_wO8toxinoc
  • We needed a LB, he has a decent pedigree. May work out very well and he will get my support when he plays; but I can't get that excited about a 30+ ex Palace player with a recent record of injuries and lack of game time.

Oh, and makes me laugh that posters come on here, make no comment on the player but just dig out other fans.  The most tiresome bit of this site as of late.
    express doubts about a signing - "FFS how dare you criticise a player before you've seen them play for us"

say a signing will be brilliant - it's perfectly ok to praise a player before you've seen them play for us
  • Will he get a Governing Body Endorsement to play in England? 
  • Rothko said:
    Will he get a Governing Body Endorsement to play in England? 
    I hope so, his own body looks wrecked.
  • edited September 2021
    After the constant injuries to Wiggins which saw his career finish just shy of his 30th birthday; Page who just couldn't stay fit as he lost confidence in his own body when at Cafc, now its Papa Souaré turn to try to put behind him not only the injuries from the car accident but a bad shoulder injury as well. Can he have the belief which can affect the mind as well as the body after injury set backs ?

The LB position at Charlton yet again is the fragile position; even Purrington has had his share of niggles.

In Pape case it may be a risk worth taking but let's not blame our medical staff if yet again the risk back fires.

Ryan Inniss had a history of his body struggling with the demands of Professional football, and Jonny Williams as well.

As Palace are an established Premier club who left Cafc behind a decade ago, we are not rivals, sad to say, and Steve Parish has always tried to help his players and ex players who aren't 1st team find new employment. (In the future I hope we are rivals again but sending the palace down is ancient history )

Good luck Pape Souaré because you will need it despite the fact that you were better than the 3rd tier when fit.

• Hope it works out for him and us and he proves to be a useful addition. 
  • They must have seen enough quality and tenacity in training to give him the contract, else would have moved to another option as a free.
  • Guess we'll primarily use him for the Papa Johns Trophy?
    Let’s hope he can deliver. 
    If he's rubbish, it might be a bit of a Souare spot given his Palace links
    Oh gawd FA…..that’s a truly pathetic effort 😵‍💫
  • We needed a LB, he has a decent pedigree. May work out very well and he will get my support when he plays; but I can't get that excited about a 30+ ex Palace player with a recent record of injuries and lack of game time.

Oh, and makes me laugh that posters come on here, make no comment on the player but just dig out other fans.  The most tiresome bit of this site as of late.
    express doubts about a signing - "FFS how dare you criticise a player before you've seen them play for us"

say a signing will be brilliant - it's perfectly ok to praise a player before you've seen them play for us
    I don't think anyone is saying that he will (definitely) be brilliant. A lot depends on his fitness and state of mind but IF we can get him back to his best then he's a player whose done well in higher divisions.

Personally I think this seems like a good signing inasmuch as Adkins has a reputation for positivity and a physio background so is theoretically well placed to bring the quality out of Souare.

• Sponsored links:

• Sounds decent and with a pre season at Palace, a trial at Cov and a week or so with us he should be up and running fairly quickly. Will turn out to be a good bit of business hopefully. 
  • After the constant injuries to Wiggins which saw his career finish just shy of his 30th birthday; Page who just couldn't stay fit as he lost confidence in his own body when at Cafc, now its Papa Souaré turn to try to put behind him not only the injuries from the car accident but a bad shoulder injury as well. Can he have the belief which can affect the mind as well as the body after injury set backs ?

The LB position at Charlton yet again is the fragile position; even Purrington has had his share of niggles.

In Pape case it may be a risk worth taking but let's not blame our medical staff if yet again the risk back fires.

Ryan Inniss had a history of his body struggling with the demands of Professional football, and Jonny Williams as well.

As Palace are an established Premier club who left Cafc behind a decade ago, we are not rivals, sad to say, and Steve Parish has always tried to help his players and ex players who aren't 1st team find new employment. (In the future I hope we are rivals again but sending the palace down is ancient history )

Good luck Pape Souaré because you will need it despite the fact that you were better than the 3rd tier when fit.

You forgot Kelly Youga.
  • After the constant injuries to Wiggins which saw his career finish just shy of his 30th birthday; Page who just couldn't stay fit as he lost confidence in his own body when at Cafc, now its Papa Souaré turn to try to put behind him not only the injuries from the car accident but a bad shoulder injury as well. Can he have the belief which can affect the mind as well as the body after injury set backs ?

You forgot Kelly Youga.
    Holmes-dennis was another LB with injury issues I recall

You forgot Kelly Youga.
    Holmes-dennis was another LB with injury issues I recall
    and Rhoys Wiggins, especially as he's another with Palace links

A fair view of the player.

Problem with the second bit, is some of us find the constant stream of negativity to be the most tiresome bit of this site of late. 
  • Be interesting to hear from the chap whose mate plays/trains with the squad what the thoughts of other players are of him. I can't remember the poster's name?
  • Even if he isn’t at the level he was before his accident, he’ll be facing teams like Crewe and Cheltenham rather than Liverpool & City. He’s been training with us long enough for NA to determine if he’s up to it.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    We needed a LB, he has a decent pedigree. May work out very well and he will get my support when he plays; but I can't get that excited about a 30+ ex Palace player with a recent record of injuries and lack of game time.

Problem with the second bit, is some of us find the constant stream of negativity to be the most tiresome bit of this site of late. 
    You have a point but it's very hard to try and stay positive when we are stuck in league one for the 8th season in the past 13 years 
  • Looked v good at Palace before the crash
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    We needed a LB, he has a decent pedigree. May work out very well and he will get my support when he plays; but I can't get that excited about a 30+ ex Palace player with a recent record of injuries and lack of game time.

You have a point but it's very hard to try and stay positive when we are stuck in league one for the 8th season in the past 13 years 
    Those stats suggest it's our home then!  :#
  • https://youtu.be/HcUcUle-l7E Found this interview with him on BBC after the crash, seems like a likeable chap
  • mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Exactly 
    Break out the happy pills 😣
  • mendonca said:
    Be interesting to hear from the chap whose mate plays/trains with the squad what the thoughts of other players are of him. I can't remember the poster's name?
    @VFR4life Any inside comments?
  • welcome Pape .. and get fit soon
  • mendonca said:
    Dazzler21 said:

2021-22 | Lge 1 

At least until next season. 
  • From PL to Lique 2 (his last loan at Troyes). Coventry kept Martin Crainie on trial for longer. Lets hope a change of scenery suits him well.