Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    This is all reminding me of the Ben Watson hype with added one-of-our-own. Let's see what's left of his engine shall we? A playing career can take it out of you somewhat
    That said he's a couple of years younger than I thought!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Think that would leave us needing a left back, back up right sided centre back, and striker.

If we can use five loans, three have been taken (Famewo, Lee and Arter) so either one of those 3 is a permanent signing or just not happening. I think the LB and striker are going to be prioritized given Adkins' seems to be impressed by Elewere.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    This is all reminding me of the Ben Watson hype with added one-of-our-own. Let's see what's left of his engine shall we? A playing career can take it out of you somewhat
    That said he's a couple of years younger than I thought!
    5 years younger and 4 years younger than when he signed.

Totally different situation. At league one he should have a couple of years at least of being a top player l.
  • Options
    Will be a very good signing. The sort of player we need in that midfield. Yes he does like a challenge. But him Gilbey and Lee will be wxcell as a midfield 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Really like Arter, or at least I used to. Concerned that rock bottom Forest are willing to let him go? Worried of a Watson/Arter midfield pairing? But then again, can it be worse than what we have already. If he has been brought in to add guidance to the younger midfielders what does that say about Watson? Dempsey or Lowery would have been preferable but a budget is a budget.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Although Arter is 31 and Watson is 36. Ronaldo is 36 and still has an engine. I'd still take him.
  • Options
    Was watching Burton v Cheltenham last night... Dont think we'd stand a chance in hell, but remember him facing us last season; Lucas Akins would be a great Aneke replacement

Very similar type of bulldozing player
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Would be one hell of a signing in League One. That would pretty much sort out the midfield and we could then aim on getting in a left back and hopefully, another striker.

Arter at this level, well done all for getting that done, seriously impressive.
    Definitely another striker. We are weak as piss up front at the moment outside Stockley. Need an Arter level signing up top, and also at left back.

I think the squad is lacking right sided Cb cover for Inniss personally but could look at an U23s loan signing from a prem club here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he has signed on loan, does anybody know when? Is he eligible for today’s game?
  • Options
    Agreed. Always nervous that Inniss could easily pick up a mid/long term injury, leaving Gunter/Elerewe exposed. 
  • Options
    If he has signed on loan, does anybody know when? Is he eligible for today’s game?
    Its not been announced on the OS yet.

So in that case I'd be extremely surprised if we've kept it quiet since midday yesterday.
  • Options
    A midfield of Arter Gilbey and Lee behind a front 3 of Kirk Stockley and DJ… I can’t imagine there are too many teams that have better in this league.
  • Options

So in that case I'd be extremely surprised if we've kept it quiet since midday yesterday.
    Fair enough but that's what we have been fed for ages isn't in "lots going on behind the scenes", nice and quiet, so who knows, could all be cleared paperwork wise for today :*
  • Options

Fair enough but that's what we have been fed for ages isn't in "lots going on behind the scenes", nice and quiet, so who knows, could all be cleared paperwork wise for today :*
    I'll certainly be having a little giggle when the team sheet gets announced if he's on there

I dont see why teams dont do it more... e.g. we didnt say anything about Forster-Caskey's injury ahead of the Sunderland game until that moment, so why not do it with signings as well if everything has been signed off in time.
  • Options
    Think that would leave us needing a left back, back up right sided centre back, and striker.

I agree but if we signed someone like Omole then Adkins could see him as LB and CB cover. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is why I'd advise caution for now. Admittedly, Arter has shown he can do it at a much higher level - but were Sunderland fans wrong about Dobson?
  • Options
    Arter would be a great signing at this level, add to that the “unfinished business”. He is getting on a bit though. 
  • Options
    My mood has been lifted with the news that Harry Arter might be joining 

• Options
    Arter certainly has all the signs of being a very good signing

Just being a little bit cautious for the time being that he's not going to be another Ben Watson and his best days are behind him - Unfortunately it gets to a point for all where players just cant perform to the level expected.
  • Options

I agree but if we signed someone like Omole then Adkins could see him as LB and CB cover. 
    Think we need a quality out and out left back - especially for Adkins current system. 
    I don't disagree, I think we need a LB and a CB. But if we only sign one I can see us signing one that can play both, particularly given rumours of Bridge and Omole who both fit that. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This is why I'd advise caution for now. Admittedly, Arter has shown he can do it at a much higher level - but were Sunderland fans wrong about Dobson?
    Yes, they were.
    We haven’t given him someone to pass to in midfield who can then make plays. Dobson sits in front of the back four well and collects the ball to pass it on. Since the Wednesday game, we’ve simply reverted to our back four lumping it up to Stockley
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I’ll be the voice of caution here…

flopped at his last three clubs (Cardiff, Fulham, Forrest) Now considered an injury prone and Forrest fans are delighted to get rid (and they are shite)

He’s 31 does he still have the hunger after earning Prem money? and means we now likely won’t be in for Dempsey or Lowery now.

Not exactly one for the future. I predict this doesn’t end well. Would much rather one of the above personally - young & hungry and a permanent.
    I'll be curious to see what happens with Tom Lowery if he remains @ Crewe beyond the Window.

He's clearly not going to play, even for the U23s if he doesnt sign a new deal

So does he sign something with a bit of a pathetic release clause so they get something for him next season... Or does it drag on and Crewe end up selling him for even less come January, a bit like what we were forced to do with Doughty.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!