Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Some kind of injury has delayed play... Osew maybe
  • Options
    Be hood to bring on Chuks now, always gets a goal off the bench.....oh 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:
    I wonder what Roddy's wage is compared to an academy player at a similar level. 
    What has this got to do with anything
    Taking money away from the club to give to your son is a pretty big deal no? 
    Adkins has picked him, not his old man.
    Chris Powell picked Thuram
    and Nego
    Literally likening TS to Duchatelet... 
    literally likening Adkins being told to pick Roddy to Powell being told to pick those two 
  • Options
    Malmo doing a Golfie.....and they are down to 10 men.

Scottish football is crap. 

To be fair, the Swedish Allsvenskan(top league) is very strong.....................
  • Options
    Adkins is no fool they’ll be additions coming in before window slams shut. Time to judge the team properly will be mid to late September in my humble opinion. 
    Not having a go at you, but it's always baffled me why they don't get all the players signed before the preseason games.

The league should start and end the transfer window 4-5 weeks earlier. 
  • Options
    Just love all the comments re the kids playing, they need game time to both improve & prove that have it at this level albeit against a Dons team loaded with kids. 

Adkins is no fool they’ll be additions coming in before window slams shut. Time to judge the team properly will be mid to late September in my humble opinion. 
    TS must be a visionary - most other teams decide to strengthen during the close season, but we decide that late August  is the best time to bring players in. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes our kids with a few first teamers Vs their first team with a few kids is embarrassing that we're 0-1 down.
    What worries me is that these kids are currently all we have as back up, and they are a long way off being good enough. Should be 3rd/4th choice imo
    I agree it's a concern but 3 weeks left to make sure they're not.
  • Options
    Got every confidence that this team are going to smash the league and with it Powell's points record.......I'm also confident that my accy for ME to win Love Island, Celebrity Big Brother and Dancing on Ice is going to provide me with a much needed retirement fund. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 75'

Substitution

Substitution, AFC Wimbledon. Cheye Alexander replaces Paul Osew because of an injury.

• Options
    I see Ipswich are losing to Newport at Portman Road…
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes our kids with a few first teamers Vs their first team with a few kids is embarrassing that we're 0-1 down.
    What worries me is that these kids are currently all we have as back up, and they are a long way off being good enough. Should be 3rd/4th choice imo
    Some of them should probably be out on loan.
  • Options
    1. 77'

Post update

Offside, AFC Wimbledon. George Marsh tries a through ball, but Ayoub Assal is caught offside.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We are pony. Zero goal threat through the squad. Surely Adkins must of realised that. Stockley for me is not the striker we needed in a 433. You need a finisher and he wins so many balls a 2nd striker would feed on. 
  • Options
    Henegan off for Rudoni?
  • Options
    What worries me is there are not enough goals in the squad. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Some of them should probably be out on loan.
    100%. That’s the problem. Can’t let them go til we get the deals. Puts them at risk of less effective loan spells.

Thats not the best way of developing young talent.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    My womble mate told me they have made 7 changes tonight, its a weak Wimbledon team too.
  • Options
    Ipswich have about 6 strikers and are also struggling to
    find the net. It’s early days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morecambe doing a Golfie away at Blackburn. 
  • Options
    This is a very young Wimbledon side. Bit poor that their kids are better than ours.

Was hoping for a win but now I just hope we don't get any injuries.
  • Options
    Clayden clutching his hamstring... Cramp or a pull?
  • Options
    There's not enough anything in the squad.
  • Options

81' Dobson booked for a foul on Assal. #cafc 0 #afcw 1
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    If we had players with a track record of scoring, as Ipswich do, I wouldn't worry. But we don't. We need a load of fairy dust to be sprinkled so players can start doing what they haven't managed in their careers to date. 
  • Options

82' SUB | Johl Powell replaces Charles Clayden. #cafc 0 #afcw 1
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Basing this purely on tonight, and I appreciate that might not be fair, but I don't think Davison is anywhere near good enough to be our back up to Stockley. 
    But Adkins praised him once during pre season. How could you. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    They scored 2 on Saturday or is this sarcastic?
  • Options
    There's not enough squad.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!