Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v AFC Wimbledon | Tuesday 10th August | 7:45PM | Match Preview | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @ValleyGary he's at left back
    How we playing @Croydon ?
    fuck me,  no wonder we're losing with VG at right back and Croydon in a free role
  • Options
    82 | Ollie Palmer comes on for Aaron Pressley. #AFCW
  • Options
    Squad is too weak - pathetic we cannot compete in a game like this
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    What worries me is there are not enough goals in the squad. 
    Ipswich have about 6 strikers and are also struggling to
    find the net. It’s early days.
    They scored 2 on Saturday or is this sarcastic?
    I meant tonight against Newport.
  • Options
    Meet the new boss...
  • Options
    Isnt that the 4th substitute Wimbledon have used?

I thought it was 3 this season.

If so, can't we demand they are kicked out?

PS yes, getting desperate. 
  • Options
    Same as the old boss!
  • Options
    Said that last season....and then we lost our top goal scorer.

But then a player who could only score 3 for Forest green last season is now deemed good enough to be his replacement.
  • Options
    Thomas needs to get the cheque book out....and fast.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes our kids with a few first teamers Vs their first team with a few kids is embarrassing that we're 0-1 down.

It's the first round of the league cup at home v a beatable team. We should put out a strong side.

I get that it's a nothing game for many, but for many of us we value the cup comps even if you know you'll never likely win the cup and it's disappointing seeing us fail every time.

Seeing the Millwall highlights and them giving it a go in the cup as they always do and no reason why we shouldn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    There's not enough squad.
    True, but where are our midfield goals with what we have? Out injured is the answer. When a team has a small number of goal threats, they are easier to stop. You put Dobson, Clare and Morgan together and they average about a goal a season between them through their careers. Players can step up, but proven goals is just Stockley.
  • Options
    Isnt that the 4th substitute Wimbledon have used?

I thought it was 3 this season.

If so, can't we demand they are kicked out?

PS yes, getting desperate. 
    Yes, four subs used
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    If we had players with a track record of scoring, as Ipswich do, I wouldn't worry. But we don't. We need a load of fairy dust to be sprinkled so players can start doing what they haven't managed in their careers to date. 
    I agree we need more. I do think Stockley and DJ/Washington will get a fair number this season.
  • Options
    Regrettably, absolutely spot on.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I'm so annoyed we are going to be out of this prestigious event.

It's the League Cup. Still a prestigious event for many of us and would like us to do well. 
    Going back to 1965 when we lost a game against 92nd in the league at home Bradford City we have been crap in this Cup....it is depressing.  Bradford even had a fat keeper called Roly and we could not beat him. This was amazingly a 3rd round game in November.  Aston Villa beat Bradford City 7-0 in the next round.
    That would be ex-baker Jim Rollo ... not Roly.
    Was it. Age dims the memory or are you joking?
    Oldham Athletic Jimmy Rollo 25 10 G (premierfootballcards.com)
  • Options
    That bench is desperately short of attacking options if we need to chase the game, but fine for closing it out
    As has proven to be the case
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    If we had players with a track record of scoring, as Ipswich do, I wouldn't worry. But we don't. We need a load of fairy dust to be sprinkled so players can start doing what they haven't managed in their careers to date. 
    I agree we need more. I do think Stockley and DJ/Washington will get a fair number this season.
    But they need threats around them or teams focus on stopping them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    I think that's extremely hopeful. Stockley a good player but bar Exeter not the best goalscorer. DJ looks good but not sold he gets more than 5.
  • Options
    Just had a message from my boy who's at the game "This is proper shit Dad". At least Thomas is there to see our lack of depth
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Shambles. Don’t buy all this 3 weeks left till the window closes. We have a threadbare squad with no or little sign of adding to it.
    Exactly. 
    But some on here will say at least we have a club  to support. 
    Yawn 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Seven mins added
  • Options
    The sun is shining, it’s good to talk, walking is brilliant … and Charlton’s cup pedigree remains intact 
  • Options
    Seven mins adde
    Why, just why? End it now ref.
  • Options
    Do not want penalties, so hope we do not equalize, 90 minutes + is enough
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    We desperately need some pace to go beyond Stockley and a player that has a good touch. 

We win so many knockdowns and produce nothing. There was no point chasing Stockley with our current set up I’ll be honest.
    This I said 10 mins ago on here Stockley needs to play in a 2 for me.
  • Options

90+1 Seven minutes added... #cafc 0 #afcw 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!