Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Well done Blackpool! After having had to put up with the worst owner in football for so long, they richly deserve it.
    By the way, I rate a certain Belgian as the second worst owner.
    I think there are a couple more ahead of Roland on the worst owner list.

Steve Dale of Bury

& you can't forget our very own Mouthall.

(Certainly Roland is still very much deserving of a high ranking in that shitlist)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Well done Blackpool! After having had to put up with the worst owner in football for so long, they richly deserve it.
    Really? Even in our own history the ESI ownership takes some beating.
    We only had to deal with ESI for about eight months

The Oystons were in charge from 1999 - Yeah they got them into the Premier League but then from 2014 the whole relationship between the Oystons and the fans just completely broke down and is when their troubles began
  • Options
    Interesting that both third place in championship and league 1 has been promoted in play offs this season.  
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The Oystons were in charge from 1999 - Yeah they got them into the Premier League but then from 2014 the whole relationship between the Oystons and the fans just completely broke down and is when their troubles began
    Oh the Oyston’s were way worse than possibly anything else in football history, I was more quereying Roland being ranked second 
  • Options
    OmyG.

After that donkey scored in his own net, have the lights gone out for Blackpool or will the tide turn ?

The latter Sam, But it was certainly a roller coaster ride.
  • Options
    Congrats to Blackpool. Fans thoroughly deserve justice for their suffering. Yates and Dougall admirable. Lincoln?  Seem to rely on the opposition giving away howlers or OGs. Sixteen(?) penalties this season indicate a forward line of Stukas, a la Mode Palais. How many on target attempts today? None. Shame the bar was set so low this season, and Adkins did not arrive sooner......  Blackpool seem very good at playing out a whole game. A good team. Good luck to them!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Oh the Oyston’s were way worse than possibly anything else in football history, I was more quereying Roland being ranked second 
    Agreed, it's not saying much, but Roland is WAY down the worst owner's list.

Yes he massively mismanaged us, but others around the country have been far worse, whether for destroying their clubs or criminal activity
  • Options
    In next season's playoff final, will teams be competing to score an own goal in the first 5 minutes, knowing that they'll then come back to win 2-1  ;)
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Apologies, misread your post...
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Yes he massively mismanaged us, but others around the country have been far worse, whether for destroying their clubs or criminal activity
    Based on SKY's comments about Brentford getting success from the statistical model you could argue that Roland tried to take a similiar approach, only he tried doing it on a minimal budget and with no experienced figures to run it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Based on SKY's comments about Brentford getting success from the statistical model you could argue that Roland tried to take a similiar approach, only he tried doing it on a minimal budget and with no experienced figures to run it
    Not sure about that at all, there were no experienced analysts working for the club - just a kid in his bedroom picking random europeans in the hope that a couple came good. For every Fosu we also had 4 or 5 polish petes. No one had a clue what they were doing and I doubt RD cared how Driesen was finding players, be it stats or otherwise.

At Brentford and Barnsley there are very experienced analysts who are very good at using statistical models to bring success and the whole business is structured around it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Not sure about that at all, there were no experienced analysts working for the club - just a kid in his bedroom picking random europeans in the hope that a couple came good. For every Fosu we also had 4 or 5 polish petes. No one had a clue what they were doing and I doubt RD cared how Driesen was finding players, be it stats or otherwise.

At Brentford and Barnsley there are very experienced analysts who are very good at using statistical models to bring success and the whole business is structured around it.
    Yeah thats what I meant sorry by the minimal budget comment... Brentford used their brains and used the resources available... Roland on the other hand used a poundshop DIY kit to try the same method.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Roland is a terrible owner but he isn't even the worst one in our recent history, with East Street Investments to compete with. I suppose it could be argued he was responsible for the sale to the crooks.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

I think Rolands plan really collapsed when he sold Liege, we went from getting a steady stream of internationals on loan from them, to scrabbling around for whoever Tommy D watched on Youtube/PES. 
  • Options
    I think Swansea

Would like to see Brentford do it despite last season as would be curious to see how they'll cope up there
    Stick dough on them staying up.

But don’t waste any money backing them ?
    All about opinion.
  • Options
    Watching that earlier makes you realise that a bit of defensive stability would’ve seen us through. 
    Losing Innis and Akin for so long is ultimately what did for us. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I did mention before the semi's that no team in red and white stripes ever won the final at Wembley (someone will now prove me wrong), so put your money on Blackpool or Oxford
    Yeah... Brentford yesterday ;)
    I should have guessed it would be you  :)
  • Options
    Roland wasn't even in the same league as the Oysten's. Compared to what some clubs have had to deal with in recent years, even ourselves with ESI, RD shouldn't even get a mention. The club was never at risk of extinction for example.
  • Options
    Blackpool much more 'street wise' than Lincoln .. big changes in store for the Imps as all their young loaness return to their home clubs. It's reported that American investment in the club is expected, an addition to the South African consortium that own the club, This could mean that Lincoln will hold onto their highly rated players .. we will see.
    Blackpool will struggle in the Champ next season, which seems par for most promoted clubs from any division to a higher strata
  • Options
    Very happy for Blackpool, and selfishly that's the right result for us next season too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Last time Charlton won the FA Cup was when Brentford were in the top flight.
  • Options
    That prick Roland was killing our club by a thousand cuts , just cos he paid the bills the damage was nearly terminal cos he managed to find someone who would kill our club by selling us to crooks .
    He’s part of the worse footballing period in our history 8 of 13 seasons in league one , the fella is complete and utter poison and if St Thomas of Sandgaard hadn’t arrived to save us Roland would have been complicit in our death with ESI bullshitters .
    So please just cos he’s not a practising crook don’t make him out to not be a complete and utter disastrous Cnut of an owner for us 
    Nobody is saying he wasn't terrible, just pointing out that there are worse owners than him. Ask a Bury fan, or less dramatically fans of clubs who've fallen out of the EFL completely, like Southend or Luton

• Options
    Disagree. It was shite.
  • Options
    Thanks all, that was brilliant 
    Congratulations @Hertsseasider
    👍🏼🏆
  • Options
    Morecambe or Newport ? ..