Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    Morcambe. The brother of a friend of @Len\'s_little_girl is the Morcambe skipper.

That said an old housemate of mine is a big Newport fan so mixed feelings.
  • Options
    Thanks all, that was brilliant 

good luck next season - you deserve some success.

Will the Oystons be invited to the first home game  :wink:
  • Options
    Morecambe or Newport ? .. 
    Newport preferably, but not too concerned for same reason given as my buddy @clb74.  Although have not been with Charlton have been as a neutral before.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Was there today, in-laws are all Blackpool. Made sure the Charlton has some presence 
    Blimey Joe, you're sporting the salt n pepper look a bit early 😃
  • Options
    Morecambe for me, especially given the fact they've spent the majority of their years fighting for survival in League Two so feels a bit like us in 98. If they dont come up this year I'll be surprised if they are in contention next year... Whereas Newport have been in the Play-Offs for three of the last four years so fully expect them to be challenging again next term
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Well done Blackpool! After having had to put up with the worst owner in football for so long, they richly deserve it.
    By the way, I rate a certain Belgian as the second worst owner.
    Really? Even in our own history the ESI ownership takes some beating.
    We only had to deal with ESI for about eight months

The Oystons were in charge from 1999 - Yeah they got them into the Premier League but then from 2014 the whole relationship between the Oystons and the fans just completely broke down and is when their troubles began
    Oh the Oyston’s were way worse than possibly anything else in football history, I was more quereying Roland being ranked second 
    Apologies, misread your post...
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Well done Blackpool! After having had to put up with the worst owner in football for so long, they richly deserve it.
    By the way, I rate a certain Belgian as the second worst owner.
    Really? Even in our own history the ESI ownership takes some beating.
    We only had to deal with ESI for about eight months

The Oystons were in charge from 1999 - Yeah they got them into the Premier League but then from 2014 the whole relationship between the Oystons and the fans just completely broke down and is when their troubles began
    Oh the Oyston’s were way worse than possibly anything else in football history, I was more quereying Roland being ranked second 
    Agreed, it's not saying much, but Roland is WAY down the worst owner's list.

Yes he massively mismanaged us, but others around the country have been far worse, whether for destroying their clubs or criminal activity
    Based on SKY's comments about Brentford getting success from the statistical model you could argue that Roland tried to take a similiar approach, only he tried doing it on a minimal budget and with no experienced figures to run it
    Not sure about that at all, there were no experienced analysts working for the club - just a kid in his bedroom picking random europeans in the hope that a couple came good. For every Fosu we also had 4 or 5 polish petes. No one had a clue what they were doing and I doubt RD cared how Driesen was finding players, be it stats or otherwise.

At Brentford and Barnsley there are very experienced analysts who are very good at using statistical models to bring success and the whole business is structured around it.
    I think Rolands plan really collapsed when he sold Liege, we went from getting a steady stream of internationals on loan from them, to scrabbling around for whoever Tommy D watched on Youtube/PES. 

True, who can forget Yohann Thuram- Ulien ?  :D

• Options
    Morecambe - used to watch them when we lived up there - come on the Shrimps
  • Options
    Nice from the whole crowd re: applause for Mbulu.
  • Options
    Newport. My second team (fiancee is from there) and I absolutely love them. Always love their cup runs, which largely pays for how well they do in the league.

Ellison, 42, scored an absolute scorcher to keep them in the semi final, and he has serious "history" with the manager of Morecambe, earlier in the season, scoring and screaming profanities at him... 

Having said that, Newport have one of the most dull fanbases I have seen in my life. Went to watch them in the FA Cup at the Den a couple of years ago, and their fans are so pathetically dull it is unreal. 
  • Options
    No way was that a pen 1 0 Morecambe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should be carded for that dive, disgraceful.
  • Options
    There should be VAR in this, that is a shocking dive and decision to then give the penalty
  • Options
    Yeah thats not a penalty 
  • Options
    Would rather go to Morecambe away than Newport though 
  • Options
    Would rather go to Morecambe away than Newport though 
    “Morecombe, Accrington, Fleetwood” has a lovely ring to it
  • Options
    It was outside the box, but it’s no Frank Lampard.
  • Options
    Watching it live it looked an obvious penalty but bloody hell he has conned the referee there. To think Bobby Madley was Premier league. However I think the lino advised the referee on that penalty as he didn't give it straight away.

• Options
    Considering it is at Wembley there is no excuse not to have VAR
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2021
    Diabolical decision for penalty. A blatant dive & outside the penalty area. A stinker of a decision from referee Madley. A pity Morecambe will gain promotion from it. Newport made most of the running but lacked quality in front of goal. They will regret their clear missed chance. Charlton will have nothing to fear from Morecambe next season. A good play offs for Lancashire coast teams. 
  • Options
    FT: Morecambe 1-0 Newport

Pleased for Morecambe but didnt really care who won in this game

Just a shame that it was decided by that moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not watched the game or seen the penalty, but if everyone is saying it wasn’t one, that’s such a sad way to finish a game that’s gone all the way to extra time. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    On a side note away from the penalty decision, impressed that the goal scorer has played 46 league games out of 49 this season. Scored 16 goals too. 
  • Options
    So the top team in each three Divisions have won the Play-Offs this year

3rd | 3rd | 4th...

Bet Torquay are hoping they can continue that theme
  • Options
    Tuesday night in Morecambe in January anyone?
  • Options
    So the top team in each three Divisions have won the Play-Offs this year

3rd | 3rd | 4th...

Bet Torquay are hoping they can continue that theme
    From my limited knowledge, I’d imagine it’s actually rare how often that happens. 
  • Options
    On a side note away from the penalty decision, impressed that the goal scorer has played 46 league games out of 49 this season. Scored 16 goals too. 
    He'll sign for Charlton, pick up an injury in training and will be out for the season!!
  • Options
    Disgusting to lose like that. Never a pen in a million years. 
  • Options
    I thought both teams were very poor. 
  • Options
    Credit to Morecambe. Nearly relegated every single season to the conference and now promoted to League 1. Fair play to them. 
  • Options
    Newport woz robbed .. where's VAR when it's needed .. perhaps in games as important as play off finals, VAR should be used .. whatever .. well done Morecambe and another visit to the far west coast next season for us, not Fleetwood n Blackpool, Morecambe n Fleetwood .. nice little ground .. the Shrimps could be a little club that's going places ..

All done for another season