Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

will be the 1st time in 6 years i haven't been but have a few bets on. 

envoi allen in the marsh looks bombproof.

will upload full ante posts in a while. 

Comments

• will be the 1st time in 6 years i haven't been but have a few bets on. 

envoi allen in the marsh looks bombproof.

will upload full ante posts in a while. 

Same for Honeysuckle......
  • Fancy duffel coat in triumph hurdle 14-1
  • have lots of multiples on involving
    envoi allen marsh
    shishkin arkle 

think epatante will be hammered by honeysuckle in the champion

have a speculative 16/1 on first flow for the qmcc as chacun as good as it is is short v short. 

• Envoi Allen
    Shishkin
    Honeysuckle 

All look hard to beat.
  • Shishkin to win by four + lengths 2/1
  • Not really got much on ante post at the moment. The ones I'd want to be on board now are all smash-up jobs so it'll be multiples once we know they're there safe and sound probably. Though I have got Al Boum Photo/Shishkin/Envoi Allen as a muggy short odds treble. I honestly can't see another horse getting close to ABP for the Gold Cup. Kemboy's win was nice last week but hardly threatening.

A few others - I have Escaria Ten both for the Ultima and Kim Muir. Has since confirmed Ultima as the target and my 20/1 now looks pretty with best price 10s; 8s for the KM has gone but oh well I'm not fussed - I knew what I was getting into. I'm also playing One For The Team in that one, who was unsuited by very tacky ground LTO.

I might opt out of my position on Brave Way in the Mares' Novice Hurdle (40s); unfortunately can't do that with Ballyadam in the Supreme but 12s is still longer than we have - maybe Appreciate It could mess up? - and I have Sir Gerhard but then Kilcruit crushed it at the DRF to blow open the Bumper. McFabulous for the Stayers' is done (though 12s isn't a disgrace).

I don't know if I'll add anything other than Paisley Park to my book just yet. Possibly Min for the Ryanair, taking a chance that the PU was very very precautionary. And... ooh, I might opposite Chacun Pour Soi for the hell of it. Nube Negra would be my choice - I don't think that absolute dismantling of the field in the Desert Orchid was any sort of accident.
  • edited February 2021
    Had a few mad pokes. The maddest of all being SAINT CALVADOS in the Gold Cup. The front few in the market are fair enough but this thing is a mad price imo. Should've won the Ryanair last year which had A Plus Tard in behind him.
    Question mark over stamina is fair but haven't really had a proper chance to find out. Was in hospital few weeks before King George which was slowly run and he actually ran a bit like a stayer but still travelling all over the field. Then unseated at the weekend but again was going fine at the time. Got big prices on exchange but 50s NRNB is just the wrong price. If they chicken out and go Ryanair you get your money back and if he goes there is no way he has only a 2% chance of winning. Can certainly see him travelling well into it....then it's just finding out about stamina!
    Quite like Fury Road in the Stayers too
  • Of the hotpots think Appreciate It (Supreme) is the one most likely to falter, perhaps Metier could stake a claim in the Betfair if it goes ahead this Saturday? Chacun looks solid, though surely Altior is an each way punt at circa 8/1, hard to see him out the three. Would side with Epatante over Honeysuckle (CH) and Shishkin over Energumene (Arkle) for what it's worth, but can't see anything getting close to Concertista (Mares), Kilcruit (Bumper) or Zanahiyr (Triumph).

At bigger prices, would fancy Mint Condition (33/1 NRNB) if he goes for the AB on the Friday, plenty of experience and showed he was a graded horse when unlucky at Warwick last time. On the same card that day, Next Destination looked like a real NH Chase horse (10/1 NRNB) so hope Nicholls goes for that over the RSA (or whatever it's called now). Min also looks far too big now for the Ryanair at 7/1, I'd be inclined to forgive him that last run at Leopardstown and conditions should be perfect in this race.
  • only one ante post so far .. Al Boum to do the treble .. am very tempted by an Al Boum Photo/Honeysuckle double even at skinny odds
  • Sponsored links:

• the drf the weekend has everyone loving the irish horses - chelts is going to be very different ground to lepordstown, nickys horses he always has tuned for chelts. 
  • goshen is back after that performance today 
    goshen, epatante and honeysuckle in the champ hurdle should be a cracker. 
    it's time to do away with the mare's weight allowance .. the two probable favourites for the Champ hurdle will be carrying less weight than their male rivals .. wrong
    it's time to do away with the mare's weight allowance .. the two probable favourites for the Champ hurdle will be carrying less weight than their male rivals .. wrong
    In this particular race or across all horse racing? 
    In this particular race or across all horse racing? 
    I'd say all racing ..  the handicap system is enough to ensure as even a race as possible, though some might disagree ((:>) 
    I think it's worth doing so in Grade 1s, but I'm not too sure about across all races just yet. This is mainly because we need to see more mares in training (rather than just for breeding) in general, so the more we can do to incentivise that the better.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    goshen is back after that performance today 
    I think it's worth doing so in Grade 1s, but I'm not too sure about across all races just yet. This is mainly because we need to see more mares in training (rather than just for breeding) in general, so the more we can do to incentivise that the better.
    well in that case, if most mares are not deemed good enough to take on the lads, there should be more races exclusively for mares ?
  • Champs just run a cracker at Newbury
  • PaddyP17 said:
    I agree, although I’m not convinced 7lbs is right - maybe a move back to 5lbs over the sticks.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    well in that case, if most mares are not deemed good enough to take on the lads, there should be more races exclusively for mares ?
    Yeah, one's been added to the card at Cheltenham this year to be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big rumours kilcruit is out of the bumper. 
    I had eileeendover backed nrnb 
  • Champs just run a cracker at Newbury
    Definitely given how short a trip it was!
  • Looks like it’s going to be firm this year. No rain on the horizon. 
  • Looks like it’s going to be firm this year. No rain on the horizon. 
    I would expect good going - and they will water to ensure it isn't on the firm side of good.
  • Have just been given a tip for the Foxhunters,not a race I have a great view or insight on!
    Bob And Co and can get anywhere from 6/1-9/1 apparently,haven’t looked myself
  • Have just been given a tip for the Foxhunters,not a race I have a great view or insight on!
    Bob And Co and can get anywhere from 6/1-9/1 apparently,haven’t looked myself
    Most bookies are 5/1.
    Hills best on oddschecker @ 11/2
  • It came to pass for me in the foxhunters

shame the amateurs aren’t allowed this festival. 
  • Shocking stuff from elliot

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/elliott-issues-unreserved-apology/189661

a couple of weeks when training a good few faves for the festival. 
  • Shocking stuff from elliot

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/elliott-issues-unreserved-apology/189661

a couple of weeks when training a good few faves for the festival. 
    Just seen it. Looks genuine to me.

It seems a lot of people in racing at the moment are doing a lot of damage to the sports image.
  • Awful photo. No excuse.