Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Chase-ITV [Paddy versus The BEAST! - Match Thread]

Comments

• Options
    But the important question @PaddyP17 is did you manage to make Bradley corpse at any point?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Funnily enough Paddy, I am half way through my application.

What was the process once you sent off the application ?
    Good luck! Some of the details are a bit hazy but this is basically it -

So someone gave me a phone call (this was like a couple of months after my application), asked a bit about me and then you do a quick-fire one minute general knowledge set of quiz questions, much as you would during the cash builder.

Then they'll email you if you're through to the next stage (again took a while), which is another phone call to establish a bit more about you etc, and a much longer set of questions.

After that it's a video audition (would normally be in person) with about eight others or so. You play a game to warm up, then do a version of the multiple choice round, then you have to talk about yourself to camera. If you're successful there, you then go through to do a version of the "Final Chase" basically, and your likelihood of being selected to film is pretty high from there I believe.

It's a very well-oiled machine and I really enjoyed the overall experience.
    Is it a case of not being too good or too bad? Or if you do really well, you are more likely to get a chance. Watching the odd tipping point, I think the level is a lot lower than the chase so assumed they try to get the lower abilities, where the chase seems to have a good mix.
    Ability is relatively immaterial, as people across the intellectual bell curve will audition, and strength of personality is a big factor. If you do really well... I mean, they're not exclusively gonna have a host of people queuing up to take their money, as that would be quite boring!

But I guess you're probably more likely to make the cut if you're clever, so that the show has the feel-good stories of people winning the absolute lot.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Did you tell Bradley to change the script to stop trying to make us think The Vixen is a looker.
    Well I would
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    So I'm on this soon!

February 3rd, ITV1, 5pm. 

Whether the Charlton chat gets included is up to the editors, but a couple of football questions definitely pop up.
    Look forward to this, cheers mate. 

Any Chase fans see the absolute SORT that was on there recently? Pepe her name was. 
    Yes. I missed her intro, what was her heritage as could have been been Asian, Mediterranean or South American to me. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    MrOneLung said:

So someone gave me a phone call (this was like a couple of months after my application), asked a bit about me and then you do a quick-fire one minute general knowledge set of quiz questions, much as you would during the cash builder.

Then they'll email you if you're through to the next stage (again took a while), which is another phone call to establish a bit more about you etc, and a much longer set of questions.

After that it's a video audition (would normally be in person) with about eight others or so. You play a game to warm up, then do a version of the multiple choice round, then you have to talk about yourself to camera. If you're successful there, you then go through to do a version of the "Final Chase" basically, and your likelihood of being selected to film is pretty high from there I believe.

cheers Paddy. 

Would say the date is in my diary, but as working from home I see it every day as part of the ITV quiz triumvirate from 3:00 to 6:00 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    MrOneLung said:

cheers Paddy. 

Would say the date is in my diary, but as working from home I see it every day as part of the ITV quiz triumvirate from 3:00 to 6:00 
    The viewing figures for those programs must be amazing these days 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone I used to work with went on The Chase, and didn't do very well!

He tried to keep it secret at work but told one of his friends on social media which I noticed, so I was able to glory in his ineptitude  :D
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Dizzle said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    So I'm on this soon!

February 3rd, ITV1, 5pm. 

Whether the Charlton chat gets included is up to the editors, but a couple of football questions definitely pop up.
    Look forward to this, cheers mate. 

Any Chase fans see the absolute SORT that was on there recently? Pepe her name was. 
    Yes. I missed her intro, what was her heritage as could have been been Asian, Mediterranean or South American to me. 
    I can’t remember them referencing it mate. I might try to re-watch the episode. Just to try and find out if they did ask. God knows how I’ll explain it to the missus. Just look at her for gawd sake

Nice! But why chase what you could never catch?
  • Options
    She’s unreal 
  • Options
    Good luck Paddy.  I like the Chase.  My wife literally hates it.  So we compromise with me copying the final 10 minutes daily to watch alone later.
  • Options
    Love The Chase and will make sure I watch it on the 3rd. Good luck Paddy, hope you gave us all a good name! 
  • Options
    Meet the beast one night in Sheffield prior to our FA Cup game. He is one lump.
    Strangely I may have played Aussie rules football against him many years ago. I sure I read he used to play in the British league around the same time I did.
  • Options
    Wow brilliant, nice one Paddy! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    So I'm on this soon!

February 3rd, ITV1, 5pm. 

@PaddyP17

Do you know what episode it will be?
    It’s on TVNZ1 every day at 5pm.
    Today’s episode (Tue 19 Jan) was ‘Season 14 episode 3’.

• Options
    Todays episode on ITV is listed as Season 14 Episode 72 so it appears you are around 10 weeks behind.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well done for getting on The Chase. I have a pretty decent strike rate of making it onto TV quiz shows over the last 5 years but, despite making it to 4 London auditions, I can’t get on The Chase. Something like less than 1% of people who apply for the show get as far as the face to face audition stage of the selection process. Of that number, no more than 10% are shortlisted and, of that, about 5% actually get to take part in a recording. 

If you work out the maths on the probability of getting as far as meeting Bradley, you should be very proud of yourself. I hope you won big. 
  • Options
    Out of interest @meldrew66 what shows you been on and what sort of successes and failures you had?

And what were the ‘celeb’ involved like in person?
  • Options
    always fancied going on the Chase, some days I can answer loads of stuff - other days it's a real lot of guesswork.

Love Tipping Point as well, alot more luck needed on there though
  • Options
    in the 90’s I was on standby for Going for Gold

One Saturday I popped out for 15 minutes and my house mate had taken a call from production team to see if I could go up to Manchester on the Monday to replace someone who pulled out. By the time I got back  in Touch they had filled the space. 

I also didn’t make it to the auditions for 100 percent  on channel five as had a hangover.