Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Chase-ITV [Paddy versus The BEAST! - Match Thread]

Comments

• Options
    Any suggestions for the actual application form? Should you go for a lighthearted self deprecating jokey approach ? 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    in the 90’s I was on standby for Going for Gold

One Saturday I popped out for 15 minutes and my house mate had taken a call from production team to see if I could go up to Manchester on the Monday to replace someone who pulled out. By the time I got back  in Touch they had filled the space. 

I also didn’t make it to the auditions for 100 percent  on channel five as had a hangover. 
    Used to love watching Going for Gold, had a great theme tune - Was probably the first Quiz show I got into

That and Strike It Lucky, my Mum wrote to ITV complaining when they moved the show to later in the evening and after my bedtime
    Hans Zimmer wrote the going for gold theme tune; probably his best work 
    Wow I didnt realise that!!... Bloke is up there with John Williams for me!!
    Agreed. The gladiator soundtrack is a work of genius 
  • Options
    I see that Tipping Point are looking for contestants for the next series. I've submitted my application. Will have to wait and see if I can make it one stage further than being the studio standby. Would be good to meet Ben Shephard properly as we only shook hands last time.
  • Options
    Who wants to be a millionaire is looking too
  • Options
    The look on his face when he realised what he said
  • Options
    Any tips on what to put in your initial application from those who've made it onto some of these shows
  • Options

Absolutely praying something like this happens to @PaddyP17 ...

Poor bloke, sure everyone he knows will be reminding him for a long time about going on national TV and asking Bradley Walsh if he could pull him off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One more day
    One more day
    One more day
  • Options
    I've been on 3 shows. Pointless - won the show but f*cked up jackpot question for £1k. Previous contestants had Ryder cup question and won 8k!! 
    Eggheads - we got thrashed and I took on Kevin at sport. God he takes a long time to answer (15 minutes all told) but he beat me fair and square.
    Two Tribes - quiz show hosted by Richard Osman. Won show but again lost jackpot round - my dad knew the answers though when asked at home!! (the Beatles numbers ones, i thought She Loves you was, turns out first hit not a number 1!).

Richard Osman was lovely on both shows, eggheads all super friendly and came to chat. Found Alexander Armstrong quite offish and didnt come over to say hi, but maybe it had been a long day, we were the last show on.

Applied for loads of others but got close and not made it. Great experience I recommend to all, after all if you win its free money and you get travel paid for plus make up done! (and as a bloke I loved it, especially the bit where she said "let's take that shine off your head! How cheeky!).
    Have to dispute that mate.
    She Loves You was number 1 for 6 weeks and best selling single in 1963
    Love Me Do was first hit, followed by Please Please Me (which was number 1 in some charts but not the one that matters)
  • Options
    I keep waiting for tomorrow....
  • Options
    Tomorrow we'll discover
    What our Paddy on The Chase has in store
    One more dawn
    One more day
    One. Day.  More.
  • Options
    What time and channel please? Never watched before but now on tenterhooks. 
  • Options
    Predictions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    7 in the cash builder

takes the middle offer and progresses with ease

Loses in the the final chase after failing to push back the chaser by incorrectly answering a question on UK/Ireland border policy

Goes home to find he is locked out of the house by Seth
     :D 
  • Options
    Brilliant 😂😂
  • Options
    I’ve never seen this show, but actually can’t wait. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    ITV1, 5pm!
    Not sure about the shirt.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    He would never be locked out of the house by me.
    Brexit explained Why does the Border matter and what is the backstop
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    ITV1, 5pm!
    Not sure about the shirt.
    i think its a great shirt  :D