Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ged Roddy MBE appointed as Technical Director - resigned (p26)

Comments

• Glad he's not been brought in to do a role thats similar to Steve Avory's as wasnt that his role @ Reading?
  • he's certainly got an impressive CV.....good that TS specifically mentioned him working with LB, SG and SA
  • Sounds great on paper, and he seems to have seen our potential
    along with Thomas, so, hopefully a good appointment.
    Thomas seems to be getting his people in place
  • In 1995, I attended trials for the South of England Universities representative side, which was held at Bath Uni and which he was running. I played a blinder. He didn't select me. Cock.  ;)

slipped under the radar then ;)
  • I wonder if he'll act a bit like a Tommy Driesen where Gallen will partly need his approval to get a signing over the line

Only this time we have someone a bit more sensible and experienced doing that role
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't say I've heard of him but he certainly has an excellent CV. Looks a good appointment.
  • In 1995, I attended trials for the South of England Universities representative side, which was held at Bath Uni and which he was running. I played a blinder. He didn't select me. Cock.  ;)

slipped under the radar then ;)
    Didn't we all?
  • Looks a good appointment, but there may be some overlap with the current roles of Gallen and Avory
  • edited October 2020
    aliwibble said:
    So, what does a technical director do exactly?
     Well I think the training ground/academy renovation would be high on his list.
  • aliwibble said:
    So, what does a technical director do exactly?
    I’m glad someone asked!
  • Sponsored links:

• Floebot said:
    Sounds like six of one, half a dozen of another, always two sides
    to a story,  lets see how things progress first, sounds like could
    be good
  • se9addick said:
    In 1995, I attended trials for the South of England Universities representative side, which was held at Bath Uni and which he was running. I played a blinder. He didn't select me. Cock.  ;)

He probably recognised your form would be rather sporadic!  
    He knew me well then!
  • edited October 2020
    where does this leave Basey ? .. back doing the washing ?
  • edited October 2020
    where does this leave Basey ? .. back doing the washing ?
    Doesnt his role provide a link between the U23s and Senior team, supporting youngsters players out on loan?

So his role is a bit between Bowyer and Euell
  • This is more similar to a DOF role right?