Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BETTING THREAD 2020 -2021 SEASON

For those of us who like to lay bare our conflict with the bookies, and sharing our ups and downs, and thoughts on value bets.

I am kicking off with a £100 single on Charlton win at Crewe 6/4 generally.

Barrow, Cheltenham, Port Vale £20 treble
Salford, Northampton, Sunderland £20 treble and £3 all six

Norwich and Notts Forest £20 Double.

Be Lucky. 

Comments

• Think Charlton are a great price today. 

Expecting Southampton to have a great season so think they will stuff those Nigels.

Charlton/Southampton/ Fleetwood  & Peterborough 22/1.

Heres hoping for a win for the good guys.

• Freebets knocking around today.
    PP £5 for Liverpool game.
    Ladbrokes £1.
    Sky bet 5p fpr £5 free bet on Liverpool game.
    Sky £2 free bet,
  • Charlton to win the league 12/1  £20

• clb74 said:
    Charlton to win the league 12/1  £20

I took the 4/1 for promotion. Certain we will finish top 6 at 5/4. Personally reckon we will be the team to beat by December/ January onwards.
  • edited September 2020
    clb74 said:
    Charlton to win the league 12/1  £20

14/1 with Unibet 
    5/1 Promotion with Betfair and Paddy Power

Bonne as low as 12/1 but 20/1 with Paddy Power who also have Washington at the same price, to be league 1 top scorer.

An if you fancy Charlton win the league and Bonnie top scorer in league then 100/1 with SKYBET. 
  • Finished in front last week, so no complaints. 

UNIBET still have the Addicks at 14/1 to be Champions , whist most other firms moved their 12/1 into 11/1. Top price for promotion is now 4/1. 

This week.

Charlton Hull £25 double
    Norwich Orient £25 double. £10 fourfold and £5 trebles. 

Little late with this one.  National South betting had Ebbsfleet At 5/1 behind Havant favs at 4/1. Dartford at 8/1. Fleet played Aldershot at home , lost 3-0. A week later the same Aldershot team lost 3-0 at Dartford. A few have latched onto that result and Darts now in to 6/1. But, still value in my opinion. 
  • edited September 2020
    Finished in front last week, so no complaints. 

UNIBET still have the Addicks at 14/1 to be Champions , whist most other firms moved their 12/1 into 11/1. Top price for promotion is now 4/1. 

This week.

Charlton Hull £25 double
    Norwich Orient £25 double. £10 fourfold and £5 trebles. 

Little late with this one.  National South betting had Ebbsfleet At 5/1 behind Havant favs at 4/1. Dartford at 8/1. Fleet played Aldershot at home , lost 3-0. A week later the same Aldershot team lost 3-0 at Dartford. A few have latched onto that result and Darts now in to 6/1. But, still value in my opinion. 

The pessimist in me says the 20/1 to be relegated with BetVictor is potentially more value!

• edited September 2020
    Had a big win last weekend and pissed up me thought it'd be good to carry on...

That eagle on the last made me feel a bit more comfortable! 
  • Article I have wrote for the weekend. Hull to beat Crewe. 19/20 great price for the win

https://footballbettingadvice.co.uk/2020/09/18/hull-looking-to-cruise-past-crewe/ 
  • Article I have wrote for the weekend. Hull to beat Crewe. 19/20 great price for the win

https://footballbettingadvice.co.uk/2020/09/18/hull-looking-to-cruise-past-crewe/ 
    Nice work. Hull certainly look a decent bet tomorrow at evens on the exchange. 

PP certainly chucking the free bets around at the moment. Another £5 for Chelsea-Liverpool on Sundsy
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Well done mate! You can afford to buy Charlton now 
  • 7 team accy, 6 win on Saturday, was on to win £156 from a £2 bet if Newcastle could beat Brighton... Onto next week.
  • NFL: point in every quarter of the 6pm/9pm/9.25pm games - 120/1
    came in last night
  • cafc4life said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Nice one, can see account restriction coming your way.... 
  • cafc4life said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Nice one, can see account restriction coming your way.... 
    Not on the Betfair Exchange though
  • anyone got a wolves shirt i can borrow? 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    anyone got a wolves shirt i can borrow? 
    You got the euromillions numbers for tomorrow 
  • Did you lay it at all. 
  • No, went to cash it out at 948 with 2 minutes to go and literally told myself, out loud, to "grow a pair" and let it run. What a prick
  • Sponsored links:

• ouch unlucky mate
  • Man City do a Charlton on you,  and feck up your night. 
  • Can someone explain the betfair screenshot to me please. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Can someone explain the betfair screenshot to me please. 
    Had 2-1 City for 875 quid 😩
  • But what’s all the ‘back’ and ‘lay’ stuff?
    Don’t worry if it will take hours to explain.
  • Back is just to put a bet on it to win. When you lay it, you are acting as the bookie and offering those odds, so in effect, you're betting on that outcome not to happen 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Back is just to put a bet on it to win. When you lay it, you are acting as the bookie and offering those odds, so in effect, you're betting on that outcome not to happen 
    I get betfair exchange but never really gone onto it properly, what would you say the pros/cons are? Is it more for big bettors or is it worth it for small punts? 

My mate is on a hot streak won over £6k last couple of months, betting mainly on tennis and football. He has been staking alot to get there but on a good run still and in his words has found a system that works. I am following briefly with his bets from £30 yesterday, first bet came in Djokovic/Halep + City. He said to stick until we get to £1k, but im going to cash out at £500, just going with as he is in good form and only £30 initial stake. My betting is alway hit or miss, usually do ok but not big profits and stake £5-£25 max normally 
  • Uboat said:
    But what’s all the ‘back’ and ‘lay’ stuff?
    Don’t worry if it will take hours to explain.
    If you are trading or backing and laying (or even laying and backing) it's no different to buying a commodity be it a share, house, painting or whatever and then selling it for more. Although, on an exchange, you can choose to just lay back your initial outlay for a reduced profit - or have what's known as a "flat book" where you win the same amount whatever the outcome (or any variance in between).

A simple example - I am assuming zero commission (this is what Betfair take from any profit) but this can be anything between 2% and 5% depending on the status of your account.

You've backed Stoke to win the Championship at 11.00 (i.e.10/1) on Betfair. With 10 games to go they are 4.00 (3/1) so you can:

(1) Let it run for potential profit of £1,000 or a loss of £100

(2) Lay your stake back at 4.00 (3/1) which means that you have your £100 back in your account and a potential profit of £700 if they win but nothing if they don't

(3) Lay a flat book - you take your £100 back and whatever the outcome you will profit by an additional £175

(4) Take your stake and a bit of profit but leave yourself with a potential extra return should they win - e.g. you lay back £200 at 4.00 which gives you your original stake of £100 back plus another £100 guaranteed return should Stoke not win the Championship but an extra £400 should they do so 
  • WH boosted KDB to have two shots or more on target last night to 4/1.  It came in after 18 minutes, beautiful stuff.