Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV & Film Quotes You Use In Everyday Life

Prompted by Huskaris' comment from another thread, are there any quotes from popular culture that you use in everyday life?

I use a lot from Phoenix Nights, "I lost my hair worrying about yours" is a favourite.  I've also had a couple of mates have colonoscopies lately, so the old "give it a wipe, it's filthy" get's trotted out. I can't go for a slash without Mrs Stig copying Denise Royle and asking me to have one for her. 

Huskaris said:
Literally every time I see a kebab shop, I do the gog "I want a kebab Jeremy"

Comments

• edited September 2020
    I am a regular user of Harry Hills  “Good Luck With That” 
  • One that always sticks with me is John Candy in Cool Runnings. "If you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it"
  • I demand some booze!
  • We want the finest wines available to humanityWe want them here and we want them now!
  • I prefer a flan
  • I'm a bugger for this to my mixture of pride and shame.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." gets trotted out quite regularly whenever there's a danger of underestimating something. 
  • edited September 2020
    "Badges, we don't need no stinking Badges!

Badges substituted by alternative items.
  • Sponsored links:

• The long way round (Doctor Who)
  • "We've come on holiday by mistake."

Still makes me laugh to this day.
  • Entent cordiale 
    and delboys other french sayings.

• From The Matrix:
    "Guns, lots of guns".
    Substitute whatever we need lots of.  Similar to the bigger whatever from Jaws.
  • edited September 2020
    Not really a phrase but when someone mentions something or someone we don't know (but maybe we should) we use the shrug of the shoulders and subtle hand movements used by Stephen Toast in 'Toast of London' when another actors name is mentioned.
  • Stig said:
    Prompted by Huskaris' comment from another thread, are there any quotes from popular culture that you use in everyday life?

I use a lot from Phoenix Nights, "I lost my hair worrying about yours" is a favourite.  I've also had a couple of mates have colonoscopies lately, so the old "give it a wipe, it's filthy" get's trotted out. I can't go for a slash without Mrs Stig copying Denise Royle and asking me to have one for her. 

Huskaris said:
    Literally every time I see a kebab shop, I do the gog "I want a kebab Jeremy"

Re Peep Show, every time we get a ruby I am minded of the "4 naan Jeremy, that's insane?!" bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feJlRDLX0iQ
  • One I use constantly with my chefs:

You use language like that again, son, you'll wish you hadn't!

(Vinnie, lock stock)

• On the Peep Show front, I like a good, "no logo on the foam" if I have a Guinness at home. Haven't plucked up the courage to say it in a pub though.
  • Julius "Groucho" Marx, can't remember which film, when Ms AA asks me to dance and I'm not in the mood:
    "I'd dance with you until the cows come home. On second thoughts, I'll dance with the cows until you come home".
  • I can't help but think of the salute game from HIMYM when I hear "major mistake" or similar.
  • Sponsored links:

• You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment...
  • When offered a coffee "I take it black, like my men"

Unfortunately, most of the younger generation haven't seen Airplane!
  • You’re eating maggots Michael
  • "Don't touch him up, knock him out" Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
  • McBobbin said:
    When offered a coffee "I take it black, like my men"

Airplane has few good ones. A few of my family use the “Jim never has a second cup of coffee at home” gag whenever a second drink is offered when visiting.

• I use ”Schnell, schnell kartoffelkopf!!” From Blackadder goes forth as a way of venting at shit drivers without swearing in front of my daughter. 
  • I use Del Boys “shut up you tart” quite regularly on the girlfriend. Her reaction is a bit different to Rodney’s most of the time though.
  • If anything gets smashed in our house it gets the Planes, Trains... quote, "They can buff that out no trouble".
  • McBobbin said:
    When offered a coffee "I take it black, like my men"

Airplane has few good ones. A few of my family use the “Jim never has a second cup of coffee at home” gag whenever a second drink is offered when visiting.
    And don't call me Shirley.