Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV & Film Quotes You Use In Everyday Life

Comments

• A man in my position can’t afford to be made to look ridiculous.
  • Since Mr Sandgaard came on the scene I have been known to say 'rock on Tommy' once or twice.
  • Mine are usually from sitcoms........

"What is the point"......Basil Fawlty when he it putting up the moose head only to have to stop to answer the phone......to find its Sybil asking if he has put the mouse's head up yet..!
  • Great call Golfie. I often find myself saying "I'm doing it, I'm doing it".
  • Every time my wife does or says something daft I call her a ruddy hooligan and have done for the best part of 30 years. This winds her up no end and always shouts back that she isn't a hooligan. To this day she has not twigged it's Hodges catch phrase from Dads Army!
  • vite vite...vite vite vite.

From Escape to Victory when the man on the ladder comes up through the bottom of the changing room bath - used whenever I'm trying to get the kids off their arses.
  • A favourite of mine (before these PC days I add hastily) you dirrrrty old man. Mind you I suppose a lot of you wouldn’t have heard or seen that classic British comedy series. 
  • Sausage.

SAUSAGE!!!!!!????? 😫😫😫😫😫

😜😂😂
  • A favourite of mine (before these PC days I add hastily) you dirrrrty old man. Mind you I suppose a lot of you wouldn’t have heard or seen that classic British comedy series. 

I actually do say that quite a bit at work.
  • Sponsored links:

• it puts the lotion in the basket and it does as its told 
  • Usually to young, hipster barman in craft pub,
    *clicks fingers*
    'In a thin glass...'
    Michael Caine in Get Carter.
  • Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit ....
  • edited September 2020

• edited September 2020
    "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

Francis Urquhart, from House of Cards. Played brilliantly by Ian Richardson.
  • vite vite...vite vite vite.

From Escape to Victory when the man on the ladder comes up through the bottom of the changing room bath - used whenever I'm trying to get the kids off their arses.
    ‘Hold on lads, but we can still win this...’ 
  • You’re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off
  • "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"

Francis Urquhart, from House of Cards. Played brilliantly by Ian Richardson.
    I use that a lot too. Another one I use is "They said it of a lot of nutcases too" from Bedazzled. Usually out of context, which hopefully makes it even funnier.  
  • “Get the f*** outa here” Eddie Murphy in Beverly hill cop, as I stood next to my wife at the front door waving to a departing mother in law was a personal favourite. 
  • Another couple that used to come out regularly at work were:
    ”nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition”
    and after someone got a bollocking -
    ”He was a hard man.  But fair”

stretching to radio, one I use occasionally 
    “you can’t get the wood, you know”
  • Sponsored links:

• "You're a big man, but you're out of shape, for me this is a full time job"

Jack Carter, get Carter 
  • I often get called a " stupid boy".
  • CatAddick said:
    Another couple that used to come out regularly at work were:
    ”He was a cruel man.  But fair”

Spiney Norman fixed it for you and if you make the same mistake again, he’ll nail your wife’s head to the ☕️  table
  • CatAddick said:
    Another couple that used to come out regularly at work were:
    ”He was a cruel man.  But fair”

Spiney Norman fixed it for you and if you make the same mistake again, he’ll nail your wife’s head to the ☕️  table
    Ha ha.  I actually work with someone who has the surname Norman and sometimes he’s referred to as spiney
  • I use this regularly for the most trivial things. Said in the same way Carrey does, much to the missus' annoyance.
    https://youtu.be/nDiJhqhYuog
  • edited September 2020
    Wilma said:
    We use a lot from The Simpsons in my family, particularly:

"You don't win friends with salad" - to anyone that dares to order or eat salad

"It's still good, it's still good" - in any situation but generally if someone drops food

"Shaving my shoulders" - at any mention of shaving or shoulders

I find that The Simpsons and Friends have quotes for any and every situation!  
    We also use the salad one a lot in our house.

Me and my daughter also do the woo hoo when something good happens and she also does USA USA as well.
  • "King Kong aint got shit on me"
  • Stig said:
    On the Peep Show front, I like a good, "no logo on the foam" if I have a Guinness at home. Haven't plucked up the courage to say it in a pub though.
    Super Hans quotes are brilliant, i actually worked with a guy that would roll them out with perfect timing non stop and had me in stitches.
    Would wind up plumbers with "plumbings just Lego innit"
    And even said to a woman "Have you ever owned a parrot?...."
  • We use “Someone order a Chinese?” when someone turns up late on a night out.