Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV & Film Quotes You Use In Everyday Life

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    IT person at work's surname is Hewston so whenever I have an IT issue I say  "Hewston, we have a problem."
    Going slightly off topic, but then this is Charlton Life, the customer relations person from whom we've just received an email is called Laura Hastle.

(If you don't get it, thing Cilla Black).
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    We use a lot from The Simpsons in my family, particularly:

"You don't win friends with salad" - to anyone that dares to order or eat salad

"It's still good, it's still good" - in any situation but generally if someone drops food

"Shaving my shoulders" - at any mention of shaving or shoulders

I find that The Simpsons and Friends have quotes for any and every situation!  
    Has to be sung, especially by father and son.  AAjr and I use it a fair bit, Ms AA looks on in bewilderment.
  • Options
    "YOU CAN READ MINDS?!?"

When someone tells me they're a chiropractor, immunologist, or any other type of funny word
  • Options
    I'm getting the word, Nonce.
  • Options
    Mrs Stig is watching Holiday on the Buses (again) tonight. It's full of quotes we use: "Would you care for a beer"?  (Wilfred Bramble) is without a doubt the most used. "It's like the moon coming over the mountain" (Blakey) if someone's got a fat arse. "Ere Lil, they fink ov everyfing" (Arthur Mullard) on the surprisingly commonplace occurrence of seeing a toilet bowl out in the open somewhere. "You must be demented" (Queen Watts) if sex is off the menu. "Just because there's snow on the roof, doesn't mean the fire's gone out" (Doris Hare) if it isn't.  
  • Options
     'O for Awesome'.
    Said by boxer David Tua in the NZ version of Wheel of Fortune.

• Options
    Very common one, in a John Wayne accent, "A man gotta do  what a mans gotts do," when going off to you know where.