Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Tennis 2020

Comments

• Options
    Terrible time to stop play lol,at least give Dan 1 chance to get that final point before pulling them off 😂

Forcast doesn't look good either
    These pampered tennis players....

Something to do on the rain break I guess.
  • Options
    Norrie and Evans now gone

And just like that in 24 hours all 4 brits now gone
  • Options
    Norrie and Evans now gone

And just like that in 24 hours all 4 brits now gone
    Saving themselves for Paris. When Novak and Serena are occupied on the hard courts, the Brits will be getting decisive practice on clay...
  • Options
    Anyone else got problems with Amazon Prime?
  • Options
    Not me
  • Options
    Djokovic could be done here

Got broke to go 6-5 down in the first set and in anger smashed a ball and the backboard it hit a line judge and they are now discussing what happens next

But he could be defaulted 
  • Options
    Djokovic just hit a line judge with a ball in a strop, could be in trouble....
  • Options
    I remember a young Tim Henman getting disqualified for hitting a ball girl in similar circumstances. 
  • Options
    Djokovic just hit a line judge with a ball in a strop, could be in trouble....
    Think the rules are clear its disqualification 

He will say it was an accident which it was he didn't aim it at her, but I don't know if that will give him a reprieve or not
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Djokovic is disqualified officially 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn’t someone do that in the Davis Cup against GB, whacking the umpire on the head after slamming a ball in anger!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Think he was a little bit unlucky, wasn't that hard and wasn't aimed deliberately, but the rules are clear.

That said, I'm not a fan of his, and it makes the draw very interesting so oh well....

• Options
    proper opened it up now

Anyone could win this with Djokovic out and not Rafa or Federer 
  • Options
    He's not had a great year has he, what with the vaccine stuff, the Covid breakout at his tournament and now this.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Big, big chance for Theim and Zverev amongst others, Auger-Aliassime has looked very good too.
  • Options
    Now guaranteed to have a new Grand Slam champion in men's singles for the first time in six years.
  • Options
    Djokovic has really gone down in my estimations in recent times.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Not sure if its true but I just read the last Slam without either, Federer, Rafa or Djokovic in the Semi Final was Roland Garros 2004 which was 64 slams ago
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    It makes it more interesting 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a twat. Surely that was the only way he wouldn't win this tournament. 
  • Options
    What a joke decision, i know they are the rules but he instantly apologised. You can tell he didn't mean it a clear accident. Crazy, not a Djoko fan but feels a bit harsh and gutted for him.
  • Options
    He had done the same earlier in the set. 
  • Options
    Didn’t someone do that in the Davis Cup against GB, whacking the umpire on the head after slamming a ball in anger!
    In 2017, Shapovalov vs Kyle Edmund
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4e1L-NcIqc

• Options
    That was powder puff stuff. 
  • Options
    In 2017, Shapovalov vs Kyle Edmund
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4e1L-NcIqc

Shapovalov is still in the tournament too, would be ironic if he wins a Grand Slam as a result of someone else doing something similar.
  • Options
    Haven't seen the footage, was it intended or just an angry response to something  ?
    Did He deserve to be disqualified ?
  • Options
    Haven't seen the footage, was it intended or just an angry response to something  ?
    Did He deserve to be disqualified ?
    No it wasnt intended he just got broke to go 6-5 down in set 1 and hit the ball against the backwall and caught her.

Did he deserve to be disqualified yes because thats the rules