Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Tennis 2020

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Nadal absolutely dismantling Djokovic early on in the first set of the French semi final. Mad.
  • Options
    Nadal absolutely dismantling Djokovic early on in the first set of the French semi final. Mad.
    This lasted well. 
  • Options
    Ha gotta say Novak did very well to recover and never really looked back. After the opening 20 minutes it looked like another Nadal procession.
  • Options
    Really hope Tsitsipas wins it, but I can't see it.
  • Options
    Yeah, Djokovic was unbelievable and once he took the second set I felt Nadal looked beaten. I would like to see Tsitsipas win but can't see Djokovic losing now. 
  • Options
    Already bumped this once so will bump it again.

Tsitsipas leads Djokovic 7-6 6-2.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    And Djokovic wins in five sets. 6-7 2-6 6-3 6-2 6-4

Tennis just ain’t fair with these guys around...
  • Options
    Federer, Nadal and Djokovic now have 59 grand slam titles between them. This is crazy when you think there’s only 4 per year so that’s almost 15 years worth of titles for just those 3 players. Only 4 other players have won a major since 2009.

By winning the French though, Djokovic now has a serious chance of becoming the first man since Rod Laver to win all 4 in one year.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting whether Novak is considered the "GOAT" if he overtakes Roger and Rafa at the top of Grand Slam winners. Only 1 behind now, and you can't see him not winning at least one of the next 2
  • Options
    Federer, Nadal and Djokovic now have 59 grand slam titles between them. This is crazy when you think there’s only 4 per year so that’s almost 15 years worth of titles for just those 3 players. Only 4 other players have won a major since 2009.

By winning the French though, Djokovic now has a serious chance of becoming the first man since Rod Laver to win all 4 in one year.
    Tough ask with such a quick turnaround before Wimbledon.

Wouldn't put it past him though.

Bit gutted for Tsitsipas yesterday, really like the way he plays and seems a nice guy from what I've seen & heard so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be interesting whether Novak is considered the "GOAT" if he overtakes Roger and Rafa at the top of Grand Slam winners. Only 1 behind now, and you can't see him not winning at least one of the next 2
    You cant really split them, other than to maybe knock Nadal down a little as so many have been at French open.

Will give it to Federer purely because a backhand shot is a one handed shot and he plays it properly

• Options
    Currently i'd go Federer as the best. From 2005 to 2010 he was incredible, reaching 18 out of 19 grand slam finals. Ridiculous consistency. I wonder how much longer he can go on though, he's 40 soon!

Nadal was so dominant on one surface so can't be considered the best overall. 

However i fully expect Djokovic to win 4-5 more majors and finish way out on his own as the best by the time he's done.
  • Options
    Currently i'd go Federer as the best. From 2005 to 2010 he was incredible, reaching 18 out of 19 grand slam finals. Ridiculous consistency. I wonder how much longer he can go on though, he's 40 soon!

Nadal was so dominant on one surface so can't be considered the best overall. 

However i fully expect Djokovic to win 4-5 more majors and finish way out on his own as the best by the time he's done.
    On the other hand Federer is older than the other 2, so had an initial period of dominance in the mid 2000s against far weaker players before the other 2 were around. Once they came on the scene, the rush of Grand Slams slowed down

Federer
    Up until 2010 - 16 Grand Slams
    2011 onwards - 4 Grand Slams

Nadal
    Up until 2010 - 9 Grand Slams
    2011 onwards - 11 Grand Slams

Djokovic
    Up until 2010 - 1 Grand Slams
    2011 onwards - 18 Grand Slams

I hasten to add that I prefer to watch Federer, but on results it's hard to make an objective case for him being better than the other two.

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57473711

Wimbledon's men's and women's finals will be played in front of full capacity crowds - the first UK outdoor sporting events to do so since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
    The tournament, starting on 28 June, will begin with 50% ground capacity.
    That will then rise throughout the tournament before the two finals on the 15,000-capacity Centre Court.
    Wembley will also be able to host matches at 50% capacity - around 45,000 - for the knockout stages of Euro 2020.
    Those events are being treated as fan pilots - exempt from strict capacity limits despite the government's decision to delay the easing of all remaining coronavirus restrictions until 19 July.
  • Options
    Djokovic for me wins everywhere except clay when all are at their best, so is the better player. Nadal on clay is a beast, and that final against Federer in the dark at Wimbledon was epic. In terms of all round legend status, the length of time Federer has been at the top is Incredible. This is a golden age make no mistake