Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US Open Tennis 2020

Day one of the second tennis major of the year...

Cam Norrie comes back from two sets down to beat 9th seed Diego Schwartzman.

Kyle Edmund (ranked 44) will be up against Alexander Bublik (ranked 54) shortly.

Comments

• Tomorrow Andy Murray is back, facing world no. 49 Yoshihito Nishioka.

Dan Evans (23rd seed) will play against world no. 113 Thiago Seyboth Wild.
  • edited August 2020
    No Federer or Nadal in the draw for this tournament - the first time that that has been the case for a major since 1999.

Top eight seeds:
    1. Novak Djokovic
    2. Dominic Thiem
    3. Daniil Medvedev
    4. Stefanos Tsitsipas
    5. Alex Zverev
    6. Matteo Berrettini
    7. David Goffin
    8. Roberto Bautista Agut
  • Not a great start for Edmund

3-1 down in the first set
  • Strange to see Dan Evans as a seed.
  • edited August 2020
    Edmund lost the first set 6-2.
  • Strange to see Dan Evans as a seed.
    Theres a semen joke in there somewhere 
  • edited September 2020
    Edmund won in four sets. 2-6 7-5 7-5 6-0

He will be playing against Djokovic next round... lol

Norrie five set score for those interested: 3-6 4-6 6-2 6-1 7-5

He’ll be up against world no. 103 Federico Coria in the next round.
  • Murray went two sets and a break down but fought back to win the third set on a tie break.

Now deep in the fourth set and we are on serve
  • Murray saves match point on his own serve at 5-6 to force another tie break.
  • Konta beat Watson in straight sets in a battle of the brits 
  • Sponsored links:

• Going the distance... Murray wins the fourth set tie break 7-4
  • edited September 2020
    Evans also wins in a little over 2 hours of play. 6-2 6-1 7-5.

Four men flying the British flag through to the second round.
  • edited September 2020
    -Kyle Edmund will face Novak Djokovic [1]

-Cam Norrie will face Federico Coria [unseeded]
    -Andy Murray will face Felix Auger-Aliassime [15]
    -Dan Evans [23] will face Corentin Moutet [unseeded] or Jiri Vesely [unseeded]

There is a possibility of a third round match between Murray and Evans if both were to win their second round match.

-Jo Konta [9] will face Sorana Cîrstea [unseeded] in the women’s draw.
  • Murray wins!

4-6 4-6 7-6 7-6 6-4
    The definition of a champion.  He doesn't know when he is beaten.  One of the most incredible comebacks I have seen.
  • I turned Murray off when he was 2 down and into the tie breaker, i thought no way was he coming back even if he sneaked it. Struggled early on and with his legs gone now. So happy he won, found out last night from one of my mates lol Not really holding much hope for the next round a top 16 player and after last nights efforts. 

Great to see the other England lads + Konta doing well, hopefully we can get a couple through at least. Konta has a chance outright too. 
  • Edmund wins a first set tie break against Djokovic... Novak’s streak of 19 straight tie breaks won has just been broken.
  • Edmund wins a first set tie break against Djokovic... Novak’s streak of 19 straight tie breaks won has just been broken.
    Lost in four sets. 6-7 6-3 6-4 6-2
  • Norrie wins in straight sets 6-3 6-4 6-4.

Will be playing Alejandro Davidovich Fokina in the third round. He’s ranked 99th in the world and just knocked out the 24th seed in four sets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit gutted I’ve missed out on following this year, is the tennis on Amazon, BT or sky this year?
  • Bit gutted I’ve missed out on following this year, is the tennis on Amazon, BT or sky this year?
    Amazon prime video
  • Whilst Amazons coverage is good and on most TV's , it feels an anticlimax. Some of it should be split with sky really, i have Amazon but also just feels odd its not on Eurosport/Skysports. 
  • Konta wins the first set against Cirstea.
  • edited September 2020
    Konta wins the first set against Cirstea.
    She lost in three sets. 2-6 7-6 6-4
  • McBobbin said:
    Bit gutted I’ve missed out on following this year, is the tennis on Amazon, BT or sky this year?
    Amazon prime video
    Thanks for that managed to download Amazon Prime app on Apple TV, I’m all in! 

As Thomas S would say.
  • Our internet went sown about 15 mins  ago and still down. Evans had break point in 3rd . What is happening please
  • edited September 2020
    redman said:
    Our internet went sown about 15 mins  ago and still down. Evans had break point in 3rd . What is happening please
    Evans is 1 point away from forcing a tie break but there is a rain delay

Its currently 1-1, 6-5 to Moutet but Evans is serving and 40-30 up
  • Terrible time to stop play lol,at least give Dan 1 chance to get that final point before pulling them off 😂

Forcast doesn't look good either
  • edited September 2020
    Felix Auger-Aliassime beats Murray in straight sets. 6-2 6-3 6-4. 

Ruthless performance. He produced an ace on every third point on serve (24 aces from 70 points).