Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League table talk

Comments

• Options
    No chance we'll win on Saturday, the players looked totally dejected at the final whistle which I haven't seen since the Middlesbrough home game - there's no long break to get over it this time though. Best hope for a Cardiff away style draw and just pray that Luton and Hull fall victim to the curse of neither team wanting to lose.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    No chance we'll win on Saturday, the players looked totally dejected at the final whistle which I haven't seen since the Middlesbrough home game - there's no long break to get over it this time though. Best hope for a Cardiff away style draw and just pray that Luton and Hull fall victim to the curse of neither team wanting to lose.
    A day less recovery time than Wigan too
  • Options
    I think we might get a bounce on Saturday,  simple fact it's a cup final , wins and we are safe we really need to get all the negative thoughts away and just go all out for the win.
  • Options
    One potential positive, Brentford played Wigan then us at home in consecutive games and put Wigan comfortably to the sword, we made it very hard for them. Whether that's any way to measure our chances god only knows.
  • Options
    How about season end:

Charlton 48 (draw with Wigan)
    Huddersfield 48 (2 defeats)
    Hull 48 (beat Luton)
    Luton 48 (beat Blackburn)
    Wigan 47 (2 draws)
    Barnsley 46 (beat Forest)
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    How about season end:

Hull 48 (beat Luton)
    Wigan 47 (2 draws)
    It looks doable...Saturday could see us safe...just one more point please 😭😭😭
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    How about season end:

Hull 48 (beat Luton)
    Wigan 47 (2 draws)
    Why, just why would you do that to me!!

As you know on the final day there will be twists which'll see us in the bottom three at one stage, out of it and safe the next, oh we're into added time @ Barnsley lets hope they dont get the goal that keeps them up at our expense
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    How about season end:

Hull 48 (beat Luton)
    Wigan 47 (2 draws)
    Why, just why would you do that to me!!

As you know on the final day there will be twists which'll see us in the bottom three at one stage, out of it and safe the next, oh we're into added time @ Barnsley lets hope they dont get the goal that keeps them up at our expense
    Think it would be best if on the last day all Charlton fans found a nice safe internet free space to hide in until the game has finished 
  • Options
    As it stands going on to Saturday. 
  • Options
    Surely Wigan should be on 45 points too. They can't now get relegated with 57 points so by this time next week the season will be over & they will be docked 12 points. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely Wigan should be on 45 points too. They can't now get relegated with 57 points so by this time next week the season will be over & they will be docked 12 points. 
    As I understand it, they will only be docked the 12 points if it relegates them. Otherwise they keep the points now and start on minus 12 next season.
    That will then help the teams like Coventry who haven't earnt their place.

See, the EFL know what they are doing.
  • Options
    As I understand it, they will only be docked the 12 points if it relegates them. Otherwise they keep the points now and start on minus 12 next season.

Wigan are on 45 technically. If they were relegated without a points deduction they would have started league one next year on - 12. Now they can't the 12 will be deducted at the end of this sesson
  • Options
    Why not declare a new outbreak in South London. PPG keeps us up! 😄
  • Options

No. If they were relegated without the deduction then they would be relegated and start next season on -12. If they are safe without the deduction then it will be deducted at the end of the season and then it will either relegate them or they will finish above the relegation zone. So now that they can’t be relegated, barring a massive swing in goal difference, they will definitely be deducted 12 points at the end of the season. Whether that relegates them or not time will tell. I think not.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ......and what about the potential 12 point deduction for Sheff Weds? It would add them into the mix on just 44 points. There is still hope. Unfortunately, for Charlton fans, it is the hope that is killing every bloody one of us.
  • Options
    I think that 93rd minute goal will probably relegate us now. It’s hard to accept :(
  • Options
    I think that 93rd minute goal will probably relegate us now. It’s hard to accept :(
    I think we were relegated well before the 93rd minute.... More like when Southall said Hello... I'm here to be your saviour! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We need Leeds and wba to win this week.We need to draw on Saturday. Then we need Hull to beat Luton. Barnsley and Luton then eliminated. If Wigan fail to win or one of Huddersfield or Hull lose then we will be safe.
  • Options
    I cannot believe all of the negativity on this BB. Wigan are not Barcelona or Man City. We are more than capable of snatching a point (at least). After all Barnsley managed it recently and they are bottom of the table. I would go so far as to say that given that this is our Cup Final we will go onto beat Wigan by the odd goal. And our worries will be over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes they can, if any of the bottom 3 finish less than 12 points behind them, then Wigan will get minus 12 deducted from them thus relegating them. We're 10 points behind Wigan, if we beat them they can't finish 12 points clear of us. 

• Options
    Golf means on current points 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I cannot believe all of the negativity on this BB. Wigan are not Barcelona or Man City. We are more than capable of snatching a point (at least). After all Barnsley managed it recently and they are bottom of the table. I would go so far as to say that given that this is our Cup Final we will go onto beat Wigan by the odd goal. And our worries will be over.
    What planet are you on ? See out yesterday's game and we were pretty much safe. Its almost as if people here haven't seen this same bottle job shite time and time again. 'Beat wigan and our worries are over'... well we won't, the team will be rock bottom now mentally, while wigan come off the back of a 8 0 win. Its not negativity, its being realistic.
    Yep
  • Options
    We need Leeds and wba to win this week.We need to draw on Saturday. Then we need Hull to beat Luton. Barnsley and Luton then eliminated. If Wigan fail to win or one of Huddersfield or Hull lose then we will be safe.
    We just need to beat Wigan to be safe.
  • Options
    Wigan beat us to ensure safety (unless Barnsley win at leeds). They will go at us like they did Hull. And William hill are offering 22/1 for Wigan to win by 2 clear goals. I have combined that with a couple of other landslide victories and expect to be unhappy but rich by Saturday evening.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think we might get a bounce on Saturday,  simple fact it's a cup final , wins and we are safe we really need to get all the negative thoughts away and just go all out for the win.
    Lol, what another "Cup Final", Millwall were there for the taking in a "Cup Final" we did not show up, last night was a "Cup Final" we never took our chance, now Saturday is a "Cup Final" 

We are crap, and we never turn up when needed.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Shine 166 & Danny Addick....you clearly haven't seen as much football as me. I've lost count of the number of times the team has been written off by life's misanthropes (the "my glass is half empty brigade") only to confound the critics. We will be safe by Saturday night, mark my word. O ye of little faith.
    Cool story, as much as I'd usually be 50/50.. Last night tipped me over the edge. From the 60th minute of the game, Bowyer starts thinking about the one after. 
  • Options
    Shine166, let's be grateful you are not a member of the management team. Otherwise we might as well pack our bags and go home. They will be fired up for this one, believe you me. It's the equivalent to last season's play-off final. Winner takes all!